The Back Room

stevepole

I asked this a bit back, but no one answered. If I made another hegemony, based in 1900 or 1950 AH Earth, would anyone play?

Anyone want to try and play the new AOE online beta tomorrow? Just Google it, its free but you must have a live gamertag. Not sure if you need gold to play though.

How are you people still on the hegemony thing? That's so 2008

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My militia commander went fey and made an adamantine battle axe. The axe itself is nothing special, but the fact that he was an axedwarf beforehand and is now using his own creation to cut down hoardes of demons is.

2Xeo5.png

That is epic. All my guys do is beat the animals i have in cages to death so i can butcher them.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

My legendary stonecrafter child was removing constructions when he was struck by a cave-in and lost half his body.

I quickly moved him (he's still barely living) into the temple of Armok, where he will then hobble around and spread blood all over the place. :thumbup:

And... 26 useless migrants turn up. That qualifies me for megabeast attacks, yippee!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

A child? Even you can't be that cruel...

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

So what, it's going to be a "tonight we dine in hell!" thing? I think i'll stick to killing caged animals.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Dwarf spartans? That is epic, even for you Ross. So, is that going to be the final stage of military training? If they want to eat, they have to do it at the gates of the underworld?

You have the best fortress ever. I remember you mentioning something about your military forgoing swords and becoming even scarier, there was a picture but I never saw it. Do you still have that?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Holy [cabbage]. Collapses nearly killed both of my miners.. But they were going to die anyways. This time i'm using supports.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Start with a stream, strip mine the world, open the floodgates into the magma sea. Or simply pour magma and water in an infinite stream through the gates of hell. But I'm partial to the obsidian mountain idea myself. Or perhaps you could build a giant military fortress, towering above the rest of the world and completely impenetrable by any means. Or you could create a meteor machine floating above the earth, an assembly line where rock shells are filled with magma and tossed down onto the puny mortals below. Or you could do the same thing with anvils.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

What, and end the rumor of how acne hits people with heavy objects?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Start with a stream, strip mine the world, open the floodgates into the magma sea. Or simply pour magma and water in an infinite stream through the gates of hell. Sorry, I don't work at IBM. No access to a supercomputer. But I'm partial to the obsidian mountain idea myself. Or perhaps you could build a giant military fortress, towering above the rest of the world and completely impenetrable by any means. Been there, done that.Or you could create a meteor machine floating above the earth, an assembly line where rock shells are filled with magma and tossed down onto the puny mortals below.Let's see.... it doesn't butcher FPS... it'll take a while.... TIME FOR !!FUN!! Or you could do the same thing with anvils.

a70c7.png

I can't wait till 2025. Dwarf Fortress version 1.00.00.

Also, as soon as moving fortress parts are added, I'm going to build Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Then use it to kill elves.

And Nex, yeah, I do. The squad dropped their weapons when I gave the order to attack and started beating a goblin to within an inch of it's life.

Here it is:

ohgodwhat.jpg

If there was ever a reason to fear dwarves, this is it.

2Xeo5.png

Hrm, Ross, do items like anvils falling from high altitudes injure what they land on in DF?

Also, Stork, could you create a way to kill goblins solely with kittens?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Also, Stork, could you create a way to kill goblins solely with kittens?

I think the only way that can be done with actual live kittens is with a !!Kitten Zerg Rush!!. Or beating stuff to death with it in adventurer mode.

Now, dead or sculpted kittens... that opens up a whole new realm of dwarven stuff. Like building a massive kitten statue, then collapsing it on top of a goblin ambush.

a70c7.png

It's really hard to get my cistern full.. And i even started by the sea!..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Falling items currently act as though they temporarily cease to exist while falling, and all momentum is cancelled upon impact.

Although I think there are plans to fix that soon, at least with stuff rolling down ramps.

2Xeo5.png

The irony of an army of elves being killed by rolling log traps.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I say we launch all the kittens into the goblin warcamp, so they all die of FPS deprivation. :thumbsup:

Anyone here have an Xbox 360 or PS3?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Gah, weven when i start in an OCEAN theres no water. What the hell?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I has a xbox 360, no live right now but I'll be getting it soon.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Nice icu! As a question to the dwarf fortress crowd; should I start up a new fortress if my current one is kind of sprawled out (and seems to be on the verge of a tantrum spiral)?

LNYvk.png

I grabed my just starting fortress from a tantrum spiral in just the nick of time. But, if it goes into the spiral, then make a new one.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Play to the last dwarf

Which reminds me, is there a losing screen for DF? Like if you lose EVERY dwarf.

It's a REALLY big shaft.