The Back Room

stevepole

I wonder if i could make rocks out of water, and both concuss and drown enemies..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

No, As in the two of them together. You load the rock into the catapult, it concuses them from explosion, and drowns them.... Works like a charm when they're in a pit.

Edito: And i'm currently on my homework, but i'm droping dead in my tracks. Looks like those two weeks of no sleep are catching up to me, eh?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

What happens when they die... and they're the last sentient creature in the world? :huh:

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Other civilazations, such as the gopher men that just atempted to raid me.. Now, where can i get a gopher snake.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Well if you can use spike traps, then maybe it would be okay. I have this great trap making my temple of Armok almost invincible. First I stuck two cats, a breeding pair, inside the temple. Then they are in a relatively small room (10 tiles or so) filled with pressure pads, which activate spike traps in the entrance of the temple. As the number of cats increase, the faster the spike traps will kill. :thumbup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I used that method to make an apocalypse timer before.

I dug out a 30*30 room, and put 10 pressure pads inside, in random locations. I built it in such a way that if they were all triggered , the fort would collapse because they were linked to support pillars keeping it suspended above the magma sea. I then placed a breeding pair of cats in there and walled it off.

The cats were modded to move slower than normal, about one fifth of their regular speed.

3.5 years later, I get the message saying that a section of cavern has collapsed, and my fort gets eaten by the SMR.

Fun times.

2Xeo5.png

Well if you can use spike traps, then maybe it would be okay. I have this great trap making my temple of Armok almost invincible. First I stuck two cats, a breeding pair, inside the temple. Then they are in a relatively small room (10 tiles or so) filled with pressure pads, which activate spike traps in the entrance of the temple. As the number of cats increase, the faster the spike traps will kill. :thumbup:

You should also use that pit for holding various stuff that gets caught in cage traps. Goblins, elves, humans, megabeasts.... it will rapidly fill with BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, and still be just as functional.

a70c7.png

every animal that i cage, or enemy, that i can't tame, goes into one big pit. I seal the pit off, And have a pump set. Then i flip a switch and start the pump, making water go into the pit. Nothing survives.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

What would you guys say to a continuation game of dwarf fortress? (We could use the new fortress I am starting out or someone who is far better at this game could start it out).

LNYvk.png

I'd say let me go first. I'm good aqt setting these things uup.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Never started on a volcano, or on any mods. Mind giving me some specifics?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Once i got a silver hammer stuck in a hydras brain matter. He shook me around for a bit before the game realised that was his last head..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I suggest that we use no mods, except for no aquifers. Preferably a volcano, coastal, dry broadleaf forest. Personally I think I would be good at starting (depending on whether you liked my fortress style or not) because I usually set up a large food supply so that everyone could do a lot of messing around.

I always play on flat surfaces and dig downwards, building a fortress/castle around it. I think Ross has a different style.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Retech if we were to use my save file there is no aquifer (at least that I have discerned) and the temp is warm. There are not too many animals as two z levels above my fort is the freaking ocean.

LNYvk.png

Earth, Mather, I gave a hydra countless scars and permanently embedded my throwing knife up his nose. I think that trumps both of you.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

one one hydra, i chooped off all its limbs, cut off all but one neck,wounded it in every possible location, scarred it horribly, brained it several trimes with sharpened stones and with throwing knives, and then i managed to kill it while it was STILL CHARGING AT ME when i cut it's heart in two.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Animals are good, especially in dry broadleaf forests. It means constant elephants, which provide limitless meat, bones, and muscle for your war machines.

I beleive i'm good at setting up farms, cisterns, and digging well protected fortress entrences from the sides of nearly sheer clifs. These are also usefull, seeing how i make teracces acessable by walkways down by water areas.. When i start by the sea, that is.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]