The Back Room

stevepole

Currently multitasking this, homework, godville, adventuer mode, and rocking out to music. I think i need to lay off the cafine...

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well if you wanted I could start writing up my entry for the continuation game now and upload the save file (I'm using the ironhand tiles/textures thing). The only real claim to fame about this fortress is that it's under the sea (so aqua goblins?) though.

LNYvk.png

That may pose problems. I have no idea if i can design anything underwater.. But hell, i'm probably not going to be first one playing.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well the thing is that from the start and the z level above it are dry (the there is only water) and below it there are a couple of layers of clay before descending into rock (slate/lignite/rock needed for casts).

LNYvk.png

Ah, Then it should be fine.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3136

(This should be the graphics set that I am using)

The zip of the save folder is uploading as well. Should we make a thread for this (provided that we give a drawn out report of how the fort did so it's roleplaying)?

EDIT: Here is the zipped save file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iikmm3uchph7ntn

LNYvk.png

Earth, Mather, I gave a hydra countless scars and permanently embedded my throwing knife up his nose. I think that trumps both of you.

I stuck a crossbow in his torso, how the hell can you bludgeon something into someones torso unless it has a head? Also since it was stuck I must have gotten it in past the limbs.

EDIT: I checked the size of my kind of newly made pokémon folder... 109GB! :blink:

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Wait, no mods? Why not? Genesis is great, it adds a lot of stuff to farm, a heckton of new races, new dwarvern casts, a better steelworking industry, new workshops (Most of which are VERY helpful (Such as the library/anatomical theater) and very much diversified wildlife and megabeasts (Oh hi there Balor. You are so much more interesting than the old bronze collosus or dragons. What's that, you can breath fire AND have a special poison? Oh you.)

And yes, I suggest making a thread for this, and deciding on which rock layers and such we're going for, as well as the map size and etc.

2Xeo5.png

Medium map size, bituminous coal, small seams of precious gemstones, claystone/slate in abundance, and liginite, tetrahedrite, or magnetite. If i'm doing this, those will be some requirements. And a river, or another unlimited water suply.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

There is almost always unlimited water in the caverns, Earth. Sedimentary layers pretty much guarentee coal, and all rock types contain tetrahedrite. Magnetite is usually in sedimentary, too.

Also, claystone and slate suck. Dolomite and limestone fulfill the role of both of those, as well as being flux.

2Xeo5.png

Well we should play un-modded, because most of us don't use mods. I'm willing to install another version of DF (I think I use .12 right now), but yah...

I'm suggesting dry broadleaf forest, because there are elephants to play with.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It's not in the newb pack, and I stink at coding. Maybe after my latest fortress falls.

Not likely though for a bit, because it is basically impenetrable and all civs are at peace with me.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It's not in the newb pack, and I stink at coding. Maybe after my latest fortress falls.

Not likely though for a bit, because it is basically impenetrable and all civs are at peace with me.

Genesis - Download the pack from the forum thread. Comes installed with Ironhand graphics, is compatible with any addons.

Dwarftherpist - Download it, open the folder, run the [Caution: Executable File]. Done.

dfhack - Download it, open the folder, pick which application you need, run it, done.

If you want vanilla .16, just download it from the website. Therapist works with it, dfhack woks with it, runesmith works with it.

It's not too difficult.

2Xeo5.png

So what would the rules be? What I was thinking of is:

1 year = 1 turn

You may not have two turns in a row

Each turn starts at the beginning of winter and ends in the beginning of winter next year

You have to type up a report of what you did (so it qualifies as rping and to tell the next person in what certain things do)

Only one person per turn

No mods (it makes it much more fun)

If the fortress is destroyed and someone wants to continue playing we revert to the last saved file

Reports should contain some images if possible

Have fun!

LNYvk.png

I'm not a big fan of your save file. Dry broadleaf forest = Tameable elephants + Potential Boatmurdered

I call being first dude. Should i start out asap, or should i wait?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I say that we all play the fortress every year, and then vote for which progression we like best and go from that file. Of course, we don't have to.

I'm still a major noob at DF, and plan my fortresses horribly, perhaps I could be the final turn and see how best to destroy the world?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

If I ever started out first, it'd end up you guys having to save a fort from a complete hell hole.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

So.. Is it agreed that i start off?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I already have the thing up and running, your save file set and ready to go. Can i just play? (oh, and any last minuite suggestions for the location, and stoof?)

EDIt: [bleep] it, i'm going to play it as is. If you want someone else to start, then by all means, assign it to someone else.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]