The Back Room

stevepole

hmm... Well considering that I haven't the slightest clue as to what any of you are talking about...How're you guys?

Good, thanks! :P

I'm trying to bug Wyvren for a Pathfinder campaign, ANY Pathfinder campaign. Wish me luck.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

hmm... Well considering that I haven't the slightest clue as to what any of you are talking about...How're you guys?

It is deathly boring without you over here. lol

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Good, thanks! :P I'm trying to bug Wyvren for a Pathfinder campaign, ANY Pathfinder campaign. Wish me luck.

Good Luck to you~ c:

I apologize Madame, but you see....I'm simply one hell of a busy person.

I want his Children....is that bad?

tumblr_ls7ay4jSmN1r0zf2k.gif

You should consider starting by making a simpler game, sort of like the originals Zelda's with a gripping story and then when people start enjoying it people will be willing to give you help but you can't just ask for help with nothing there, people on those forums are used to people coming and asking for help making there game and never hearing anything again from the user or about the game.

With some moderate scripting skills I'm sure a game like Diablo II isn't out of your reach.

qTLQRuS.png

Ah yes, school time. I still haven't gotten a call back from that grant/scholarship thinger majig I had call me with information. :/

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Ah yes, school time. I still haven't gotten a call back from that grant/scholarship thinger majig I had call me with information. :/

I start back next week, but I've been busy as sin preparing, reorganizing myself and my sleeping habits, trying to maintain a clean house with a kitten in it. (Which is an impossible task.) I've been trying to remember my locker combination since the last night that I was at your house when I had the dream about it XD

I want his Children....is that bad?

tumblr_ls7ay4jSmN1r0zf2k.gif

Res, I already gave it up, alright. But I posted a description of it to archi a while back. Maybe you can jsut search up Builders and Fighters as keywords, it should pop up then.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

So hilarious story;

It all started one late evening, as I went to watch a stream as I have done for past few months now, a community I had grown to like. Well, all of this changed today. I went to load up stream, but what was this? I was prompted my connection method to the internet, a box that has come up many times randomly and when I load up Skype. Hrmm, well I guess there's nothing wrong click 'connect'. A laggy few minutes later it assured me I was not connected to the internet. Well, how was that possible, I was talking to people as it was trying to connect to stream (The site has chatango embedded to the side, and livestream integrated on the otherside), and I was also on Msn. I told them about it and they said I need to sort out my internet and something is quite wrong. I restart my internet, and MSN doesn't work anymore. I restart my PC and MSN works, but livestream is still borked. After a while of talking about it on the site, someone tells me to add them on steam, and they were my saviour. After getting me to download a program that essentially granted them control of my pc (Yes I am completely aware of what I did, and I know how stupid it sounds letting someone do that, but he was a bro and I trusted him), so he grabs control of my pc as I watch him. And BOOM livestream is working, even though he did nothing. I assure him that this is a common case of the "It's not doing it cause you're watching" but of course I did not use those words and went for (abbreviated) F F F F BS. Anywho, he told me he'll check some stuff out, and then he notices that the virus scanners I have installed are actually bad and don't do nothing. So he uninstalls them (AVG and Mcafee) and then installs three seperate virus scanners, MSE, Malware Bytes and Spybot. SO yeah, we get the scans under way, and as we're talking, we look over to the scans, and I kid you not, I'm not lying. 180 viruses were found. Of course after he told me what the hell, and said I shouldn't even own a PC (Which I found hilarious because really, I agree with him, how did I not know that). Anyway, 180 viruses purged later, he tells me to restart and then run spybot because it catches the especially hard to find viruses. So I do, and then SPYBOT ITSELF FINDS OVER 50 INFECTED FILES LEFT OVER. SO YEAH after they're all gone (all but 7, which I have to restart to get) my pc should be running fine now.

TLDR - My pc was infected to the brim with 230 infected files.

Most of them were just adware and stuff, but one really worried me which was some weird virus that essentially allowed a person to tell my PC what to do without actually being at the PC. And now I realise why my webcam kept turning on randomly.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

AVG works just fine as long as you have the whole package, firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware by themselves are crap, but the whole thing works.

Combining that with IObit and CCleaner, my computer has never caught a virus and I can clean up anything that it doesn't need.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mmmmm.

The reason you were probably having problems is AVG fighting Mcafee, and visa versa.

One of the issues I have had with Spybot in the past is that it deletes slightly corrupted system files...files that still work but have an A instead of a B, for instance. Does a good job 90% of the time though...just when it screws up it has a tendancy to screw up big.

MSE will interfer with Hamachi (I had it and Hamachi would fail to connect to the engine.), so if you get that problem turn off real time protection and just run scans every few days. Also flagged Tip It as a source of viruses...every time I loaded a page.

Probably your safest bet at this point, though, is to run a destructive system restore. (Reinstall factory settings windows, and wipe all the files on the PC)

To do this you should probably download the installer for MSE, Spybot and Malwarebytes before you start.

Then back up your files on a memory stick (or dropbox if you don't have a memory stick).

Then restart the computer with the Windows disk in the drive(if you have one), if you don't then restart and press/hold F8, then select repair computer, then choose destructive restore. If you have neither of those options....Then I would suggest you find a windows disk =P

I suggest that because its quite possible that whoever was controlling your PC(if they were) would have installed other software, set allow lists and a bunch of other stuff that means it would be near impossible for even the best virus protection software to get rid of it.

That, and safe searching...probably the most important part of internet searching...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Your computer is as clean as your anti virus software tells you, and that's why I believed my PC was safe.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I see...

I am guessing you don't actively download viruses and other such.

Safe Searching just means that...the user doesn't target files, ignore the warnings and bypass the security measures.

It doesn't matter how good your software is if you add the virus to the allow listing.

I do ignore warnings, such as the one AVG gave me when I tried to access Piratebay and I have set a file to the ignore list (a .dll from Lego Star Wars).

But what you said there isn't safe searching, it's just non-mindless behavior, safe searching is to avoid sites that are likely to contain viruses.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Or you can restrict surfing on an alternate PC account, and surf the web on that account instead of the admin account. It's not perfect, but reduces virus chances by a lot. lol

Lqt9R.png

...Yes

Ignoring the warning for Tip It is something I do most of the time.

Ignoring the warning for trogen.horse in an archive supposedly containing a text file isn't something I do very often.

Similarly when I am dealing with server software I ignore the warning that there might be a trojen in there.

Safe searching...Where the user knows what they are doing.

Safe searching the internet is similar. Yes, use piratebay if you want, download files that say they contain the latest X-Men film and are 56 kilobytes in size...No.

(For the purposes of rules observation I do not support the use of illegally obtained files, it is merely an example.)

A 5.8/5.9 earthquake happened in Richmond/mineral verginia. In Boston, Massachusetts, some of the buildings shook. I didn't feel a thing, and my town was hit by the quake as well. No injuries in Boston, according to the news.

My only problem is that the phone and Internet was down for about an hour. And windows live is somewhat down on my end. <_<

Good, thanks! :P

I'm trying to bug Wyvren for a Pathfinder campaign, ANY Pathfinder campaign. Wish me luck.

I guess I can try running a game of Pathfinder if there are 3-5 players willing to play and actually listen to the GM.

This will be a roleplaying game, not a play to win or rule exploit game. I am not going to blow up if you suggest something and I am happy to discuss 'Houserule' variants, for example a barbarian scout with the odd rogue talent instead of the odd rage ability. But if I say no I don't expect to be lamberblasted with links to rulebooks. Additionally I expect rules debates to be kept to a minimum during sessions, as I have more important things to be doing during the session such as running the game.

If there is interest I will start up a seperate thread, but for now:

[spoiler=Specific details]A few specifics so far:

Maptools will not be used. The game will most likely be operated in IRC, possibly with a voice chat on the side for OOC.

Characters will start at character level of 5

Character races require approval if they are not Human, dwarf, elf, half elf, gnome, halfling, or half orc; Races not on this list will most likely have their effective level adjusted for balance. In some cases this will mean that it may not be used due to the restrictions of the party level, Though I would be willing to work to modify another character race to fit the character concept.

3rd party pathfinder supplements and WotC D&D 3.0/3.5 materials may only be used with my permission if requested prior to submitting a final character sheet. Any such materials showing up on a final character sheet without preapproval will be denied for use. (I do reserve the right to reject characters using pre approved content when the character is submitted)

Non-Core rulebook 1st party Pathfinder content must have a link to the relevant rules featured somewhere in the character sheet, as I do not want to have to scour the reference documents for every single character option.

The current setting Concept I am thinking I would use (work in progress):Roughly 600 years ago something started happening that caused the world to start to flood, while many people managed to survive but many nations became at best a series of islands, which they have come back from. So things start that on the island of No Namia Arcania for some reason they are holding the once a decade Grand Arcana Festival only 3 years after the previous one with no obvious reason, but as always many of the great wizards of the world are attending.

EDIT: For 3rd Party and D&D 3.5 Character options, Approvals are per option not per source as I will most likely deny use of an entire source for a small number of game breaking options.

More in depth information will come later if interest is shown.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Wyvren, will "Psionics Unleashed" be allowed? It's a 3rd party from Dreamscarred Press, I believe.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Agreed!

Retech, NO. :P

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;