The Back Room

stevepole

I check to see if my brother (he wants to be a pilot) is the pilot of the plane. If so, I run to my seat and scream "KAMIKAZE!!!!!! THE PILOT IS A KAMIKAZE!" (You should see how often he crashes in the flight simulator.)

Archi, there's a protocol manual for this. USE THE MANUAL

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Mmm, based on a case I was watching on TV.

Pilot is confronted by this problem, has about 2 minutes to choose to glide or keep trying to get the engines working.

About 5 minutes later he stops trying to get the engine working, and decides to ditch instead(Since there is no way to reach the airport).

Struck me as odd that they blamed him for that, since it was the logical progression of events...If you have an engine failure, with no discernable cause, you don't risk everyone's life trying to glide 30 Kilometers (Though the mechanical specs indicate that it would have done the journey, and 2 miles more), without at least trying to restart the engines, going through the checklists and such.

Also Mather, for future reference, you should slow down if you are attempting to glide, since the plane loses altitude due to airflow(Or something).

Also pointing your plane down causes you to speed up and lose altitude even faster(Partly due to you facing down :thumbsup: ).

Only through flying totally level, with the propellers 'feathered', could you reach the airport(With a little give and take, obviously)...and you would have had to make that decision within 2 minutes of the engines failing.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Every airplane has a manual describing the angle of attack and the positions of the flaps (aeri somethings) for gliding and the protocols in the event of engine burnout.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yup...

They have page after page of details for all the possibly problems.

Reading said book takes longer than 18 minutes, ergo, you need to decide which one to follow...Glide, Ditch, Restart, ect, ect.

And the protocol for restarting the engines takes longer than 2 minutes to complete.

Actually no, the best way to get maximum distance out of gliding is not by going level, it's by finding the angle at which your velocity remains unchanging and maintaining it until you have reached the target/have to abort. This knowledge comes from hours of experience with Learn to Fly and similar games.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I am only repeating what the French and Italian Experts said.

I personally I have no real knowledge of what to do in said situation, just was wondering what other people would do when confronted by the situation...And as per normal it became far more hassle than it was worth.

Use Yahoo answers. There are people competing day and night to get the most "best post" selections, and chances are, there will be someone with flight training that has flown the exact plane that you are flying now.

The internet is like the force. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

So not being able to access the internet is not a valid argument. :P

:rolleyes:

Inverse Square Law Retech....

The kb/s would be absolutely terrible.

I am not even sure you could transfer one bit per second through something that massive.

Bit per light second?

Light bit per light second?

Don't worry Nex, I already have it pre-ordered to arrive on release date. :P

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Oh, right, yeah. School cancelled. Woohoo. Lots of useless prep from me then. Joy. Anyways. Back to Infinite Undiscovery, I haven't turned enough fictional people into highly gory mincemeat today.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Wooooo! Team Fura! *high five*

Now I just need to find out how much the ESRB is overreacting with the 'Partial Nudity' for that game, my parents probably will bar me from getting it if it contains actually nudity and not just skimpy clothing.

Since when does the Souls Series even have skimpy clothes, anyways. <_<

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

:rolleyes:

Inverse Square Law Retech....

The kb/s would be absolutely terrible.

I am not even sure you could transfer one bit per second through something that massive.

Bit per light second?

Light bit per light second?

Yoda disagrees. What he says on lifting a heavy object compared to a light object is like transferring data large distances compared to small distances.

"No! No different! Only in your mind."

Wooooo! Team Fura! *high five*

Now I just need to find out how much the ESRB is overreacting with the 'Partial Nudity' for that game, my parents probably will bar me from getting it if it contains actually nudity and not just skimpy clothing.

Since when does the Souls Series even have skimpy clothes, anyways. <_<

Well, it's the spritual successor. Meaning it's not actually a sequel, nor does it follow the plot. Only the mechanics of the game and the atmosphere will remain the same.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Alright, apperantly some stupid idiot (no not me) wants a school to ban the pledge of Alligance because someone felt "bullied" or something. OMFG HOW DRUNK ARE THESE YANKEES?! Why does New England have to be home of drunks and idiots? I may be an idiot, but being surrounded by people who think its funny to say wrong answers is just worse than my normal idiot self.

Do I seriously look like a "Bonnie"? My cookin teacher keeps on callin me Bonnie. I ain't no Bonnie. I have the same name as a microwaveable PIZZA brand!

Yoda disagrees. What he says on lifting a heavy object compared to a light object is like transferring data large distances compared to small distances.

"No! No different! Only in your mind."

"Strong are you with the Internet...but not that strong. Blackspots are upon you, and soon eternal night must fall. That is the way of things. The way of the Internet."

Yoda died...nuff said.

Alright, apperantly some stupid idiot (no not me) wants a school to ban the pledge of Alligance because someone felt "bullied" or something. OMFG HOW DRUNK ARE THESE YANKEES?! Why does New England have to be home of drunks and idiots? I may be an idiot, but being surrounded by people who think its funny to say wrong answers is just worse than my normal idiot self.

Do I seriously look like a "Bonnie"? My cookin teacher keeps on callin me Bonnie. I ain't no Bonnie. I have the same name as a microwaveable PIZZA brand!

New Englanders have a history of being... zealous for lack of a better word. I mean look at the whole Boston tea party thing. They felt oppressed by cheap tea (which tells you something about them). Oh and I doubt they are actually inebriated, well on anything more than blind patriotism.

LNYvk.png

To be honest it's one of your most stupid traditions. Only other nation to have had anything like it was the Third Reich I think.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Go Go Gadget Godwin's Law!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-JHfXVlkik

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;