The Back Room

stevepole

Yoda died and became one with the force.

So he knew what he was talking about, since he's the one bringing us the Yahoo Answers page.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Suuuuure, Retech. Sure.

OHMYGOD THEY LEFT SHO'S FATE AMBIGUOUS, DAMNIT JAPANESE ANIME STORYBOARD PEOPLE!

Well, at least this means there'll be plenty more penguins before the plot resolves. And I'm not disappointed that the Ringo Arc is over.

And for you fools out there who don't watch Mawaru Penguindrum, well, tsk-tsk to you. Here, have a theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7JmuM2x-94

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yoda died and became one with the force.

So he knew what he was talking about, since he's the one bringing us the Yahoo Answers page.

"To fight this Lord Archimus, strong enough, you are not."

Yoda will slowly fade into the force, the same was Qui Gon, becoming nothing.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

www.wakfu.com

yz8CY.png

iPUPO.jpg

SPMhi.jpg

This game is actually pretty surprisingly good IMO. Combat system is turn-based, kind of similar to some RPGs like Final Fantasy. Graphics are pretty cartoonish and fluffy, but the graphics are pretty good (2.5D game), isometric view.

Grind ain't too bad, and it's pretty good for casual play. No building up towns or permadeath. Has some mild terraforming. Economy is player-driven, and it has NPCs and a wide variety of monsters to kill.

You pick a class for your character as well as gender, hair colour, clothes, eye colour, hair style, etc. The classes I have pictured here are healer (Eniripsa) and Sadida (summons dolls that fight on your behalf/protect you). Blonde hair and pink hair respectively. Iop class and Cra class are melee and archer tanks. Very good for damage, but you should fight things in groups and use a healer and some other classes in order to be more efficient in the long run.

Xelor (robot looking thing) kicks ass as well. A friend of mine tested it out, and it was amazing.

No word filter. You'll need to make account through a proxy outside the United States if you want to play on the international server, though.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Played it a while back.

It was ok I guess, probably wouldn't play it again though.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

So my headphones decide to break for pretty much no reason. They stopped working when I loaded up tf2 and only worked if I held the wire in a certain way, and when I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it seems it's fully stopped working. Except for some odd reason, the microphone still works.

Anywho, does anyone know a nice cheap pair of headphones that are durable? These headphones pretty much lasted 3 months...

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Headphones seem designed to break(Nah, the wire just heats up with extended use...or something, Mather will know)...I recommend Sennheiser Wireless Headphones...they aren't cheap, but they last at least 2 years, at volumes comparable with normal speakers.

Not to mention they are wireless, so no more garroting yourself while walking.

A wire carrying a voltage such as a computer provides (5 volts for USBs) won't heat up unless thermally isolated for days if not weeks, the kind of wattage necessary for a wire to actually get hot enough to sustain damage requires a voltage of 50 or more seeing as the voltage drop across a cable of a length and breadth suitable for the +V of a USB headset is at most 0.001%, which during a short-circuit in the headset would only produce 5/(0,268(approximate resistance in the wire)*2)*5=46,5W=46,5J/s, if we say the wire weighs 50 grams that means it'll heat up by 0,22 degrees per second, while this seems like it may add up considerably, the heat will dissipate into the air faster, or would if that was physically possible without the wire actually becoming colder than the air.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

What a ridiculous thing to say.

'Oh yeah, the only way to change the temperature of a wire is to put it in a total vacuum, despite me saying that the temperature increases when electricity goes through it.'

You run electricity through it, it heats up by a fractional amount (according to you), you stop running the electricity through it and it stops heating up by that fractional amount, thus meaning that the temperature decreases. (Since the heat is not generated purely on the surface and it is not a perfect conductor the heat does not instanously bleed into the air)

If we were dealing with something that was absolutely ideal then maybe you would be right...But in practical terms the imperfections and impurities expand and contract, heat is trapped, radiation, twisting the wire, induction ect ect ect all have a minute effect which builds up to the point where the wire breaks or becomes detached from something else.

For example, the soldered connection.

As my Aragon game (for EU3) is pretty much finished (I became the king of Gonder and crushed that Sha) with the defeat of the BBB, Portugal and England alliance (there's a reason why having line infantry when your opponent is using free shooters (an exaggeration obviously) is useful). I'm taking suggestions for the next nation to play at the start of the grand campaign.

LNYvk.png

As my Aragon game (for EU3) is pretty much finished (I became the king of Gonder and crushed that Sha) with the defeat of the BBB, Portugal and England alliance (there's a reason why having line infantry when your opponent is using free shooters (an exaggeration obviously) is useful). I'm taking suggestions for the next nation to play at the start of the grand campaign.

Napoli and Brandenburg/Teutonic Order are fun if you don't mind going around the HRE web of alliances to form Italy/Germany. If you enjoy diplomacy, Austria is fun (well, diplomacy against the west and smashing crap in the east). And if you're in for that sense of accomplishment for bringing a small nation to the big leagues, try Byzantine empire.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The thing about the byzantine empire is that it's all just waiting for when to pounce.

(When their armies have all left the greek side and are probably dealing with the Timurids.) You also have to hope you are not the first nation they declare on, because you will lose no matter what.

Your army wont even matter, your navy is your focal point really, if you can keep their armies out of Greece, you can slowly conquer it and drive up their warscore until they agree to you getting pretty much all their greek territories.

My aragon game I played ages ago, which I have yet to finish was going fantastic, until the AI derped and cost me -5 stab hit, after I just conquered a few non cored castillian provinces.

I had a really good game going as TO, had Lithuania as my vassal, but then a coalition of pretty much every bordering nation wanted my land, as well as GH. And then it never saved, when I wanted it to save and I lost that save game.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Well you can use liberum vote for a pretty good force and defeat the Ottomans even when they do have troops in Greece.

Although I just suck in combat in general, so I need a force at least twice as large as the enemy country to win convincingly. I can run one or two armies okay, but then I get lost and forget all the theaters of war that I'm fighting in and my stuff gets killed.

I can normally run a large country well, but sometimes a stack will get left in the middle of no where, but more than not, me leaving a stack somewhere has helped me.

Such as, if a revolt spawned.

Although my ottoman game, after conquering the whole of the GH, mamluks and a large chunk of the timurids, it just turned into whack-a-mole and foolsih European crusauders.

Infact after winning a war against France, Austria, Poland, Bohemia and Venice. 4/5 of which bordered me (Venice didn't border me). It was getting to the point where I was invincible.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Yeah, stacks tend to be rather useful no matter where you have them...

Middle of your empire? Better than being on the far end of the empire.

Far end of the empire? Either close to the unexpected enemy, or reinforcement for when things go horribly wrong.

It depends on how you're playing. If you are going colonial and have provinces spread out across asia, africa and the Americas it is a fairly good idea to leave stacks of ~15k troops as expeditionary forces. As well as 15 transports and around 10 big ships to move your anti rebel stacks around. By the end of the game I had 4 of those forces as well as 4 main armies of 35k troops (20k infantry 10k cavalry 5k artillery).

EDIT: Republics, Yea or Nay? I find them very useful, because they all but guarantee really high quality rulers (9/9/8 isn't too far from the norm) which is pretty damned awesome, that and you don't have to worry about legitimacy. Then you have the Noble republic, which combines the elections of republics with the royal marriages of a monarchy.

LNYvk.png