The Back Room

stevepole

Yeah no, I didn't just tell her to shut up, I actually made her see that her life is in fact not hell and that being unable to live a lie is not a reason to be depressed.

I can't fix the fact that her parents are Nazi (as in the slang adjective, not the noun) and that her siblings are annoying, but I did in fact fix her mind.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Nazi = Singular Noun or an Adjective

Nazis = Plural Noun

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yeah no, I didn't just tell her to shut up, I actually made her see that her life is in fact not hell and that being unable to live a lie is not a reason to be depressed.

I can't fix the fact that her parents are Nazi (as in the slang adjective, not the noun) and that her siblings are annoying, but I did in fact fix her mind.

Mather, you're not a psychologist.

None of us here, are psychologists. I realize in saying that I revoke my right to complain over your INCESSANT NARCISSISM, but it's better that you understand your limits as an individual, and accept that you could very well make things worse in an attempt to 'fix' a victim of depression.

By your own accounts, you barely receive regular human contact. That says to me that human nature isn't something you have particular knowledge of. You may make a good sounding board, but a sounding board does not a psychologist make.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The Falador Tavern: A place to kick back and figure each other's mental psyche out in The Emo Room. Seriously, that's what this place has turned into lately. The only posts I ever see as updated are the one thread, and this...about normal teen problems blown into catastrophic proportions. It's aggravating. Sorry I was harsh or "blunt". But that is seriously how I see it now.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

The Falador Tavern: A place to kick back and figure each other's mental psyche out in The Emo Room. Seriously, that's what this place has turned into lately. The only posts I ever see as updated are the one thread, and this...about normal teen problems blown into catastrophic proportions. It's aggravating. Sorry I was harsh or "blunt". But that is seriously how I see it now.

Oh, I don't disagree.

I'm glad I stopped talking about my feelings here, before someone lit the emo candles.

However, being a teenager I realize just how twitchy teenagers can be... As a personal preference, I tread lightly around the feelings of others.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Oh, I don't disagree.

I'm glad I stopped talking about my feelings here, before someone lit the emo candles.

However, being a teenager I realize just how twitchy teenagers can be... As a personal preference, I tread lightly around the feelings of others.

No one I know did this kinda [cabbage] when they were teens. And I know almost all the teens on here don't either. To give an excuse for the emo-ness that's going on...just don't. That's all it is, is an excuse. It needs to stop.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Oh, I don't disagree.

No one I know did this kinda [cabbage] when they were teens. And I know almost all the teens on here don't either. To give an excuse for the emo-ness that's going on...just don't. That's all it is, is an excuse. It needs to stop.

Well, dealing with mental issues is sort of a personal not-quite-fear, maybe more like paranoia, for me. The last time I snapped from stress or something I punched a hole into my bedroom wall, and almost through to open air. And there were the times I clawed at my face and almost gouged my eyes out.

I think that's a separate thing, though. I probably shouldn't apply that fear to the more common (I assume) issues that my fellows might have to deal with. :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well, dealing with mental issues is sort of a personal not-quite-fear, maybe more like paranoia, for me. The last time I snapped from stress or something I punched a hole into my bedroom wall, and almost through to open air. And there were the times I clawed at my face and almost gouged my eyes out.

I think that's a separate thing, though. I probably shouldn't apply that fear to the more common (I assume) issues that my fellows might have to deal with. :P

:uhh:

What Lei/Mather do is pretty much what the teenage angst stereotype is built on.

Honestly I look at it like this. My life a'int perfect but i'm not starving, I'm not sick, i'm not in pain. I'm happy as I am. I don't need a whole bunch of things to become suddenly and magically perfect. If I need to vent, I play violent games. problem solved.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Yeah, I try doing what I can to actually have a game running in the Tavern, but there is only so much that I can do with my schedule, especially while using a D&D type game system (one of the few things that 4e did right was to cut back on the overhead of running combat encounters by simplifing high level character creation.) If the Taverners could start compromising a bit more in how they play games it would be possible for others to start up games that could be atleast reasonably successful which would atleast diversify what is going on in the Tavern. (really with the amount of work for Pathfinder, I cannot run another game unless it would be an effectively GM free play by post Freeform RPG)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Honestly I look at it like this. My life a'int perfect but i'm not starving, I'm not sick, i'm not in pain. I'm happy as I am. I don't need a whole bunch of things to become suddenly and magically perfect. If I need to vent, I play violent games. problem solved.

Well said.

Mather, you're not a psychologist.

None of us here, are psychologists. I realize in saying that I revoke my right to complain over your INCESSANT NARCISSISM, but it's better that you understand your limits as an individual, and accept that you could very well make things worse in an attempt to 'fix' a victim of depression.

By your own accounts, you barely receive regular human contact. That says to me that human nature isn't something you have particular knowledge of. You may make a good sounding board, but a sounding board does not a psychologist make.

First off, I'm not a narcissist per definition, I put the welfare of others above my own (I am however a narcissist per origin of the term as I have actually "swooned" over pictures and reflections of me).

Secondly I am aware that I can cause damage by trying, however in cases like this, I am per sympathy obligated to try.

Thirdly I do not lack in social contact, only in social skills and comfort.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

First off, I'm not a narcissist per definition, I put the welfare of others above my own (I am however a narcissist per origin of the term as I have actually "swooned" over pictures and reflections of me).

Secondly I am aware that I can cause damage by trying, however in cases like this, I am per sympathy obligated to try.

Thirdly I do not lack in social contact, only in social skills and comfort.

1) That is, by definition, a definition of narcissism. The first definition in a dictionary isn't always the only one (note the '1' and '2').

2) Perfectly reasonable, I suppose, if a bit presumptuous.

3) Did you not say you spend almost all of your time on the computer? Are you not on here for longer periods than any other Tavernite?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I do believe I spend more time on my computer than anyone else here, yes, however I am still socially active through 3 social websites, 3 instant messaging services, school and actually leaving the computer whenever a friend asks if I want to do something.

I may not go to parties and such, but I never go a day without taking to someone outside of my family.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

First:

I do believe I spend more time on my computer than anyone else here, yes, however I am still socially active through 3 social websites, 3 instant messaging services, school and actually leaving the computer whenever a friend asks if I want to do something.

I may not go to parties and such, but I never go a day without taking to someone outside of my family.

It is highly probable that I am on the computer more than you are, unless you are also a university student taking very few classes at the moment.

Now, topic change? Topic change.

Someone finally managed to suck me into a D&D-based game. By making it based off of Homestuck. Resulting in...

[hide=The Land of Snakes and Jungles]9a847.jpg

Sorry about the JPEG, but PNG took forever to upload.[/hide]

a70c7.png

Blur snake?

Sorry, but the distinct bands make it look like it was painted in four strokes with a brush with a dab of black on.

I would imagine it needs some spaces between the rings, since the black of the night sort of fades into the snake making it look like a contagious lump.

Other than that it is not half bad, though the forest floor....Could do with a different shade of brown, maybe some tufts of grass, or dead leaves? At present it fades into the background trees.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Blur snake?

Sorry, but the distinct bands make it look like it was painted in four strokes with a brush with a dab of black on.

I would imagine it needs some spaces between the rings, since the black of the night sort of fades into the snake making it look like a contagious lump.

Other than that it is not half bad, though the forest floor....Could do with a different shade of brown, maybe some tufts of grass, or dead leaves? At present it fades into the background trees.

Hmm... okay, I'll try some of that. But I can't draw forest-floor greenery worth balls, so :x

a70c7.png

Yeah, I try doing what I can to actually have a game running in the Tavern, but there is only so much that I can do with my schedule, especially while using a D&D type game system (one of the few things that 4e did right was to cut back on the overhead of running combat encounters by simplifing high level character creation.) If the Taverners could start compromising a bit more in how they play games it would be possible for others to start up games that could be atleast reasonably successful which would atleast diversify what is going on in the Tavern. (really with the amount of work for Pathfinder, I cannot run another game unless it would be an effectively GM free play by post Freeform RPG)

Again, I'd be willing to run one shots with many sundry systems over irc (as soon as I figure out how to do what you did with the spread sheet, that [cabbage]s much better than a map).

As a note to mather and lie. Stop. [bleep]ing. Mather, either talk to a psychologist or shut up about suicidal tendencies, those are your two options (aside from suicide, obviously) and if you swoon at your own god damned reflection you are in fact [bleep]ing narcissistic. Lie, GOD DAMMIT NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT HOW X AND Y HAPPENED IN YOUR LIFE. GET A [bleep]ING LIVEJOURNAL OR SOME OTHER BLOG IF YOU WANT TO COMPLAIN TO A GROUP OF PEOPLE. I AT LEAST DO. NOT. CARE.

Oh yeah and cool drawing stork, love the tree snake.

LNYvk.png

Again, I'd be willing to run one shots with many sundry systems over irc (as soon as I figure out how to do what you did with the spread sheet, that [cabbage]s much better than a map).

Was just Using a Google docs Spreadsheet changing around cell colors and writing messages in the individual cells. I had intended to not use a map at all for the game, but then Archi asked for me to give a map of the area and I figured I may as well use it for combat as well.

EDIT: if you do use it for that reason you will want to change the sharing settings so anyone with the link can view the document (making it public is not suggested as then it gets listed for searches in google docs)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source