The Back Room

stevepole

I think he's giving plenty of legitimate reasons why he doesn't like the comic, even aside from the sidecomics.

And by definition, it is impossible to argue with him on what he likes, or rather, it is futile. Like trying to max your jump check at level 5 so you can try to hit the wizard flying over you and pelting you with spells. By definition, futile.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I think he's giving plenty of legitimate reasons why he doesn't like the comic, even aside from the sidecomics.

And by definition, it is impossible to argue with him on what he likes, or rather, it is futile. Like trying to max your jump check at level 5 so you can try to hit the wizard flying over you and pelting you with spells. By definition, futile.

It just feels like he's deliberately insulting a favourite comic of mine, which bugs me. And his arguments against it aren't even good ones beyond simple personal preference. I'd rather he just say 'I don't like it' rather than saying 'I HAVEN'T READ IT MUCH AT ALL BUT HERE ARE ALL THE THINGS HORRIBLY WRONG WITH IT.'

EDIT: Also, Archi did that already.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It just feels like he's deliberately insulting a favourite comic of mine, which bugs me. And his arguments against it aren't even good ones beyond simple personal preference. I'd rather he just say 'I don't like it' rather than saying 'I HAVEN'T READ IT MUCH AT ALL BUT HERE ARE ALL THE THINGS HORRIBLY WRONG WITH IT.'

First off, its a comic. A web comic at that. Secondly, I'm not insulting it, I'm pointing out perceived flaws in it that make it unappealing to me. There's a difference. Thirdly, while I don't hold webcomics to high literary standards by any stretch of the imagination, I simply couldn't find the characters interesting or engaging. Again, perceived flaw that makes it uninteresting to me. I got up to a certain point (I believe the almost-dragon-rape bit) before I simply decided that it was not enjoyable and said "[bleep] it, I'm reading GwtB."

LNYvk.png

It is counterintuitive, but the more that you try to advertise Drow Tales, the less likely someone will listen to you, because it becomes clear that you are so biased in its favor that it's not worth it trying to get an accurate picture out of you.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Can people just not like something and leave it at that? :\/

Also what is this that I hear about you guys threatening to kill yourselves or some retarded [cabbage] like that?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

First off, its a comic. A web comic at that. Secondly, I'm not insulting it, I'm pointing out perceived flaws in it that make it unappealing to me. There's a difference. Thirdly, while I don't hold webcomics to high literary standards by any stretch of the imagination, I simply couldn't find the characters interesting or engaging. Again, perceived flaw that makes it uninteresting to me. I got up to a certain point (I believe the almost-dragon-rape bit) before I simply decided that it was not enjoyable and said "[bleep] it, I'm reading GwtB."

Mhm. I think it was mostly the CAPS LOCK that bugged me.

It is counterintuitive, but the more that you try to advertise Drow Tales, the less likely someone will listen to you, because it becomes clear that you are so biased in its favor that it's not worth it trying to get an accurate picture out of you.

I try not to blather about it, but I end up doing so anyways. :thumbup:

Also what is this that I hear about you guys threatening to kill yourselves or some retarded [cabbage] like that?

They can.

Mather, I think it was.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Obviously not, look at human history; much of it is "STOP LIKING/WORSHIPING WHAT I DON'T LIKE/WORSHIP"

Mather was being... mather. I believe there were two camps on that matter (hehe).

1. Actually cared and tried to talk him down.

2. Told him to [cabbage] or get off the can.

LNYvk.png

You guys have issues.

How's college going? (Seriously, I want to know, I'd like to know how difficult the average US university is)

Pretty much finished my first round of exams. Have a psychology exam in 2 weeks. Scored the highest grade on my botany exam, and I made a perfect score on my algebra exam... I took an ecology exam and barely finished it in time since it was all essay questions. Could've fit a lot more into my answers, but I think I did pretty well. I'm anxious about going to class tomorrow and seeing what I made.

I'm still planning to go to med school. School's pretty interesting.

Tomorrow evening I'm going to a public lecture from Wim Vermaas, an apparently well-known professor from Arizona who does research on using cyanobacteria (photosynthetic microorganism) as biofuel. Going to this lecture will get me bonus points for botany (not that I need them, but whatever).

Pretty much my schedule. I'm busy all the time; lots and lots of studying (about 40+ pages of notes for botany, 30+ pages of notes for ecology). I was going to call a friend of mine today and just shoot the breeze, but I forgot.

SWAG

Yeah, perfect score in algebra! YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! (stereotypical American football pep talk)

See, I can be hip and cool too

That test wasn't too hard to be honest. It was just basic graphing. The hardest thing on the exam was a problem on Difference Quotients [ f(x+h)-f(x)/h ], and that was pretty simple.

Anyway I'm gonna get off and take a shower and go to bed. Wish me luck on the ecology exam results. :)

SWAG

>Reading through forum

>Lei clearly states for you guys to stop

>You guys continue

I mean I agree about stuff you said about Lei, but generally when someone tells you to stop it means you should probably stop.

I mean do you guys even know Lei? Do you guys go up to people in the street who seem a little distress and begin telling them they have problems?

Basically my point is, I've had enough of all of this, you guys don't know (And that isn't your fault) Lei and I'm starting to believe, no right to really say anything. Also you guys suck at advice or criticism when the person at hand is clearly not handlelling it well and yet you guys still persist.

@Lei, Do what Stork said.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Opinions my good man, have you looked over the proposal for the Saturday 1 shots? Its on the mid to low second to last page (Page 592). If so, would you be interested in the idea of rotating GMs each doing a couple of one shots (maybe rotating weekly if they keep the system the same).

LNYvk.png

Well, the Concept of rotating GMs does work, its just effectively mandated to follow an episode based plot (essentially each GM's sessions are isolated both mechanically and plotwise from other GM's content) due to the Exponential increases in difficulty making larger plot based games with more than one person behind the wheel, meaning the closest thing to an overarching plot you can get is a GM specific Story arc. One thing that would not work well is rotating systems , as it means you simply increase the work on the players to keep track of multiple games, and have issues getting players to play the games they dont like as much as others. I could in theory work out one shots to run in a less technical game system than the D&D 3rd edition family of games (pathfinder included), not sure how consistant it would be though especially as there is no agreed upon non D&D 3rd edition type game. Technically rotating game systems out every month or so for me I could go for more than a year and still have game systems that I hadn't run, though to be honest though most of them would attract no players.

edit: Personally out of the games you mentioned, I think the FATE system ones sound the most interesting to me (Dont like the GW universe, and pathfinder is currently running and isn't all that great with the tavern)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I have now made a random SBURB/SGRUB title generator. I'll get right to adding a planet name generator to that as well. Though I will need some input on that, all I know is that it uses a system of Land of [random or related to element] and [related to title abstract] or the other way around, but that can be a bit hard to make so if you don''t help me come up with something then I will have to make it completely random with the only preset being that a Hero of Space gets a Land of [something] and Frogs.

They can.

Mather, I think it was.

I wasn't threatening to kill myself, I was just trying hard not to.

EDIT: I think I just found Bear Grylls' title; Page of Piss.

EDIT2: I also just found an appropriate title for Jack Noir; Rogue of Doom.

EDIT3: You can find the script here.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

That test wasn't too hard to be honest. It was just basic graphing. The hardest thing on the exam was a problem on Difference Quotients [ f(x+h)-f(x)/h ], and that was pretty simple.

Anyway I'm gonna get off and take a shower and go to bed. Wish me luck on the ecology exam results. :)

Good luckz.

Couldn't you just use derivative shortcuts instead of going back to the definition?

Found a series of Friendship is Magic fan-original musical pieces. Thought Wyvren might appreciate them, they're surprisingly good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLmAlskhRZc&feature=related

That one even Retech might like... maybe. :rolleyes:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You know when you bite the inside your cheek?

Wisdom teeth are coming through and everytime I close my mouth, for the last two weeks, I get bitten!

Most annoying thing is that there is nothing much I can do about it.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Found a series of Friendship is Magic fan-original musical pieces. Thought Wyvren might appreciate them, they're surprisingly good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLmAlskhRZc&feature=related

That one even Retech might like... maybe. :rolleyes:

Well, I have have seen that one before (I have had a remix of it on my Ipod for a month and a half now).

Edit: Personally I prefer Jeffthestrider's song Undeserved Sins to the unremixed version of No Strings Attached -

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Ico, I don't do journals or diaries. Reason being is that I don't want my parents finding out certian things.

I've practically came up with my idea for resolving my problems: work on my stitching project and eating icecream. I've accidentally stabbed myself at least 100 times already with the needle and have celibratorily had icecream twice over the weekend. Oh and singing in japanese also somehow helps me. I guess it's because I'm focused on one thing and I forget about everything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrN4vMRDZGM&list=PL8AED0A0978E2BA3B&index=21

:thumbsup: Recently made my favorites list on Youtube

You know when you bite the inside your cheek?

Wisdom teeth are coming through and everytime I close my mouth, for the last two weeks, I get bitten!

Most annoying thing is that there is nothing much I can do about it.

Been happening to me just as much. :thumbdown:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I've got all of my wisdom teeth. I sadly still bite the inside of my cheek.

^

l

l

l

Is starting the stuff for DE2 since she needs something to do on monday and fridays. EDIT: I'm not officially starting the game until after December 7th

Is there any games on those two days that I don't know about? I still need to fit in Cyber World (or is that game officially kaput?) if I can. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to do so lately. I've got Drivers Ed on Tuesdays and Thursdays nights, and after driver's ed on Thursday I force myself to stay up so I can watch Project Runway. I work Sundays (I'm going to have an official job as a skating coach! And I'll be payed for it!). Saturdays are somewhat devoted to family (ick) and writing for my Transformers Fanfic. Wednesday I'm pretty much go to bed early or watching Survivor. If it sounds like I'm complaining currently, I'm not.

So are Mondays and Fridays okay?

That moment when all of my teeth have always been perfectly aligned and the four last wisdom teeth are growing straight exactly where they're supposed to be and not affecting any other part of my mouth whatsoever.

The only thing about my teeth that annoys me is the size of my top front teeth which even though they're perfectly within normal (being only 1.5mm wider and 1mm longer than my other incisors) makes my canines less noticeable.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1