The Back Room

stevepole

Pathfinder = A game

Point still stands that no game has been played for a week.

Hmm, I distinctly recall Pathfinder being played last week and will probably be played this week.

Of course that doesn't count since you're not playing that?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Per week only 2.4% of the time spent in the tavern is on playing games.

How do you figure?

168 hours in a week, game is played for 4 hours every week.

At first, I thought you meant over the Tavern history as a whole averaged out, and my brain went 'wait what lolno.'

However, your calculation is still quite flawed in that most people don't spend all 168 hours of their week in the Tavern. We have to sleep, go to school/jobs, take care of chores, etc. So I don't think it's really plausible to figure out how much time spent in the Tavern is spent on games and how much is Backroom/Billboard/other such stuff.

a70c7.png

Wtf are you on about?

No game has been played for a week, that is a fact. Why are you arguing with me on basic facts.

Not sure you know what fact means. I'm worried.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Wtf are you on about?

No game has been played for a week, that is a fact. Why are you arguing with me on basic facts.

--

Per week only 2.4% of the time spent in the tavern is on playing games.

Resistance, An Ocean of a Problem was run 6 days ago and will be running in 21 hours, and even if you don't actually want to play it, Pathfinder is a game regardless of your opinion of it.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Wtf are you on about?

After Retech said that we've been playing Pathfinder.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Wtf are you on about?

No I didn't, I said that a game hasn't been played for a week.

qTLQRuS.png

Wtf are you on about?

No I didn't, I said that a game hasn't been played for a week.

Yes, and Pathfinder was played 6 days ago, when 7 days is what is generally considered to be a week. (unless you are using calender weeks that start with Monday, in which case you consider Pathfinder as only having played in the last week for ~ 6 hours a week.

The distinction here is completely irrelevant.

There's a game tomorrow, and a damn good one. There's nothing keeping you from playing if you so choose.

Alternatively you can always make a new game of your own. :thumbup:

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It's not really much of an issue. The Tavern is a place to have fun. There doesn't HAVE to be a game if people don't want to play it. From what I hear, Wyvren is running a darn good game and his players are enjoying it, so by extention, the Tavern is fufilling its purpose.

It's not really about arbitrary limits.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Res, if I wasn't away so much from my computer (or any computer at that) I'd have DE2 posted by now.

I <3 to LARP. I did soooooo much of that today....and met my friend's boyfriend.... let's just say he's more annoying than me and Mather's argumental complaints.... Boy am I glad he's not my boyfriend...... *got into too many too-close-for-comfort moments*

I'm Sorry, I had to change my theme song! Luka is awsome (as well as the first vocaloid to have an English Database)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYJQ_K2gQVA&list=PL8AED0A0978E2BA3B&index=35

Resistance: Ah, so we're learning the same thing? Geeze... Do you know SigFigs (Significant Figures) yet? Thats what I learned before the moles.

SIG FIGS ARE THE BIGGEST PIECE OF [cabbage] EVER.

HAI GAISE, WE HAVE 2 LOGS THAT ARE 1.22 AND 3 FEET LONG. I GUESS THEYRE ONLY 4 FEET LONG TOGETHER THEN.

All my teachers so far have agreed with me, they're absolutely [bleep]ing pointless.

Also, Grade 12 chemistry looks like it's going to rape me, coming from someone who pulled an 85 last year in grade 11 showing up for about 2/3 of the classes.

I'd be willing to start the one shots on saturday on the 22nd (Next saturday I have to go to a funeral, and the 15th is the PSAT) so that would help a bit with the lack of games. Also lei, http://www.livejournal.com/

Any specifics on what the One shots will consist of, and will you be using the rotating Gm idea?

Resistance: Ah, so we're learning the same thing? Geeze... Do you know SigFigs (Significant Figures) yet? Thats what I learned before the moles.

SIG FIGS ARE THE BIGGEST PIECE OF [cabbage] EVER.

HAI GAISE, WE HAVE 2 LOGS THAT ARE 1.22 AND 3 FEET LONG. I GUESS THEYRE ONLY 4 FEET LONG TOGETHER THEN.

Sig figs are good when you're dealing with really small or really huge amounts of stuff, or lots of calculations and you need a factor of precision...

But yeah, for small stuff like basic adding sigfigs are bullcrap.

a70c7.png

I'm glad none of my professors make me use significant figures when solving a math problem. Just set my calculator on Float 3 and I'm golden.

Although I expect that my chemistry professors will be Nazis when it comes to significant figures. :thumbdown:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I'd be willing to start the one shots on saturday on the 22nd (Next saturday I have to go to a funeral, and the 15th is the PSAT) so that would help a bit with the lack of games. Also lei, http://www.livejournal.com/

Any specifics on what the One shots will consist of, and will you be using the rotating Gm idea?

The rotating GM idea is, rather than use a consistent plot each GM would run a one shot adventure or two in a single system, and then switch to the next GM who would run (probably) completely unconnected one shots in a (possibly) different system.

Lets say I start out with ye olde dungeon crawl in AD&D with premade characters, I continue on that route for two more weeks and then someone else takes over (lets say Retech) Retech runs a couple of one shots in 3.X/Pathfinder and then icu takes over, he stays with pathfinder until arch takes over who switches to a small plot of Danse Macabre who then hands the baton over to whoever else. It would be a cool way to learn new systems and get some more games going.

EDIT: I'd like to run a couple of one shots in FATE, though the iteration I am most familiar with is the dresden files rpg. The problem is that I do not know how many people here have read the dresden files (which if they hadn't would necessitate reading around 20 pages of background fluff on the world/different types of nasties in it)

LNYvk.png