The Back Room

stevepole

Seriously, how the hell was he a Visionary? The only product Job's Apple was first to was the Touch Screen Smartphone. All he did was create poor quality, overpriced products that looked shiny, then stuck extremely restrictive software on them. He may have been a marketing genius, but he was bad for technological progress. Not even mentioning the ridiculous tech patents they file and fight over (Although everyone does this).

Yeah, it's sad that Steve Jobs the person died, but the tech world is better off without him.

His marketing might be the reason that Apple isn't a brand for just hipsters, though. Their products are overpriced and probably garbage (As far as I can tell), but he got people to want them. The prices probably helped to make it a status thing.

Mather is actually right with the whole people comitting suicide over Apple, the only example I can think of is the guy who lost the latest edition of some apple product.

He's probably wrong about a few other things.

Also a lot of people hate hipsters, I also find it ironic when a hipster hates a hipster (I have seen so many hipsters complaining of hipsters)

To be honest, I am unable to really argue about Apple because the only products I have used of theirs is a Mac (which started out kind of horrible but once I got the gist of how to use it, I find nothing wrong with it) I have also used an Iphone or Ipod to play Fruit Ninja in the apple store which was amazingly fun.

I also can't argue which one is better in quality or not because I haven't really studied either because I never really wanted to use an Apple product, because even though I found them both useable and fun, I found PC's much easier to use.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

New topic: Webcomics!

Jeinu's Miamaska; Definitely not Drowtales.

Still in the double-digits for page number, but it looks promising, has nice art, and Sarino is a frickin' badass.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Theres a reason webcomics are on the internet and not actually printed...

Because they reach a niche audience, and only the internet can deliver? :razz:

Gamer comics, for example. A lot of humor that very few people are going to get. I mean, what newspaper is going to print a black comedy Pokemon comic? There's a very small audience for that kind of thing.

Theres a reason webcomics are on the internet and not actually printed...

Because they reach a niche audience, and only the internet can deliver? :razz:

Gamer comics, for example. A lot of humor that very few people are going to get. I mean, what newspaper is going to print a black comedy Pokemon comic? There's a very small audience for that kind of thing.

Also because readers would rather pay by having an add on each page than by paying actual money, and that way the artist will have a steady income while still working at a pace they're comfortable with.

I'm pretty sure MSPA has almost as many readers as Donald Duck & Co, if not more.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

All else aside, it's apparently inspired by HP Lovecraft works. Should be fun.

And there are many webcomics better than any comicbook.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

And there are many webcomics better than any comicbook.

They would've backed my comic book makers if they were any good.

Mather, people will read anything if its free. It doesn't mean that if they could read comics online they wouldn't.

MissingNo. Good point however:

rage-comics-i-hate-spiders.jpg

People go on R/Rage and read these every day, it doesn't mean they're better or have substance - they're just all funny one-liners.

qTLQRuS.png

I should stop reading Nex's suggestions. They're always the opposite of what I enjoy reading. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Comic books are even more niche than webcomics these days, so I assume. Plus a bunch of hassle, executive meddling, so on so forth.

Quite a number of webcomic authors will publish their own print collections through proxy companies, which probably don't sell as well because people have already read the stuff, but a good comic will have fans buying the physical copies.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nothing beats owning the physical copy of something you like/love/adore....but...that is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. lol

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Resistance, that is the number sold?

Compare that to the number of readers for, say, Homestuck.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm sure you would, Resistance.

Does any of this change the fact that there are numerous good, high-quality webcomics that are both free to read and capable of turning a respectable profit from their often single-man staffs?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

MissingNo. Good point however:

People go on R/Rage and read these every day, it doesn't mean they're better or have substance - they're just all funny one-liners.

There are probably more people who would find that funny than this:

bc215b896Outk.png

Or Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crud."

If Hussie somehow managed to pack the gifs and flash objects into a physical comic then I'd probably subscribe to it and I'd definitively rather do that than subscribe to any other comic.

He's actually working on that. The gifs and flashes are going to represented by series of pictures, though, so the internet version will probably still be better.

a70c7.png

It's not uncommon for the physical copy of comics to be replaced by the virtual copy of web comics.

Look at news papers now, although they're still on sale, a large portion access news via the websites, I know I do.

Books are starting to become digitised.

Although the argument on what is actually better quality entertainment is something that may never be solved, as you have die-hard comic fans and die-hard webcomic fans.

To be honest, I find webcomics enjoyability only last for a while, and then they just become drawn out. LFG for example.

I've never been able to stick to a webcomic, perhaps that's just me.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I will generally avoid anything with 'anime-manga' style drawing; to me it seems that it is synonymous with cliché storylines, angst and whining, forced female roles.

I'm not being sexist but you know what I mean.

qTLQRuS.png

The funny thing is, you're quite correct

It's a REALLY big shaft.

If Hussie somehow managed to pack the gifs and flash objects into a physical comic then I'd probably subscribe to it and I'd definitively rather do that than subscribe to any other comic.

He's actually working on that. The gifs and flashes are going to represented by series of pictures, though, so the internet version will probably still be better.

It's going to be a book, not a comic series, so it can't really be used for comparison here.

On an unrelated note I just ate a slab of meat the size of my head and gained 0.3 BMI in the process... And I'm sort of wishing for a dessert.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I will generally avoid anything with 'anime-manga' style drawing; to me it seems that it is synonymous with cliché storylines, angst and whining, forced female roles.

I'm not being sexist but you know what I mean.

Eh. I like that art style. That's just me.

To be honest, though, the only such webcomic I'm familiar with that forces female roles, has cliché storylines, and whining/angst is Drowtales. Though the angsty is mostly from people being killed, the whiny comes from children, and the forced female roles are matriarchal. Regardless, we're all entitled to our opinions on that particular webcomic.

Beyond DT though the anime-esque webcomics I've read have all been notably equal-opportunity, my new favourite's two most significant bad-asses by this point have been female.

RIP Dawngate ;-;