The Back Room

stevepole

Everything is on Facebook, and the majority of things are on Twitter.

I know people who have created Facebook pages for the spider in their bathroom...We live in embaressing times.

On an unrelated note, the finale to a rather interesting film about Information Management(Dun Dun DUNNNNN):

Its by Terry Gilliam, so anyone who likes Monty Python should like it...Anyone who is an 'Information Professional' will like it because of the 'Info-Humour'...and anyone who is particularly Orwellian will like it.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

The problem is not on my end, it's not my computer that is unable to render them, they just never load, leaving my browser in a perpetual loading state. The problem could be between my internet provider and the image hosts, but in order for that to be fixed they would have to be reuploaded.

You don't happen to have them uploaded on imgur and just linked to here, do you?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

NEGATORY ARCHI. I am not on either Facebook or Twitter.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Mather, they are all working for me except Lei.

I would recommend leaving it a few days, maybe clearing your temporary files or something, since the problem is definately your end(not including Lei).

Earth, I have a Facebook page but never use it, and am not even aware of how Twitter works (Anyone who explains it will recieve such a tweeting :rolleyes: )

Leaving it for a few days is not going to work, it won't just suddenly stop not working. It's not my cookies or something like that either, I've had problems with it on the MSPFA forum as well, being unable to read one of the fanadventures in any browser unles I'm at school.

Lei, this is not an URL:

http://c/Users/Celeste/Pictures/Photos/Gifs/for_loneshadowlynx_by_rocket_out-d4acen3.gif

You have to upload the .gif for anyone apart from yourself to be able to view it.

Archi, twitter works by you following people, when they tweet something it'll show up for you on twitter as a small banner that says the number of new tweets and loads them when you click on it, when you tweet it will show up for your followers. It's practically the same as a Facebook wall, except with character limitation and no commenting and liking and it's entirely public, to respond to something you have to reply with a tweet of your own.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

it won't just suddenly stop not working.

Do whatever it was that you did to make it suddenly stop working?

Things stop working and start working again for myraid reasons, for instance Steam refused to load yesterday, having checked around it was because the Steam Server (whatever) had crashed, so I couldn't log on. Several hours later I attempted it and still couldn't log on.(Most probably due to some sort of feedback loop) so I ignored it, restarted the computer this morning and lo it works.

Leaving things doesn't mean leaving things, it means letting other processes WHICH YOU MAY NOT BE AWARE OF to occur.

It's not my cookies or something like that either, I've had problems with it on the MSPFA forum as well, being unable to read one of the fanadventures in any browser unles I'm at school.

Then you need to fix your computer...Why you are blaming other people for something which you KNOW to be systemic is beyond me.

Unless you are suggesting that MSPFA, Nex and Ley have conspired to not display images on your computer... :rolleyes:

Bahahah. And I don't understand Twitter either.. And I don't have a Facebook page. At all.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Bahahah. And I don't understand Twitter either.. And I don't have a Facebook page. At all.

Lucky, people keep messanging me on it.

No, but I don't think anyone else here has EB as their ISP. Because you know ISPs seldom cover an area larger than a city.

ISPs, at least in this country, tend to cover...this country...

For instance I can connect to Virgin Media here(Wales) or at home(Kent)...

I can also connect to Plusnet, or Eclipse...or another other Internet Service Provider that happens to be operating in a given area.

All of them pay the local Internet Exchange, yes, which only covers a given area, but all the computers connected to the Internet connect through the same Exchange(in a Given area, excluding Satelite and such). So if one service provider has a problem there, all of them have a problem there...

So I don't really get your point...

Maybe Norway operates some different structure, but in the majority of cases a company will not personally lay a wire from their HQ (or server) to your house, but rather use the existing connection, routed through local Internet Exchanges...

Anything else would be extremely expensive.

Well [cabbage], turns out it's a packet/driver error. The Win7 Pro 64-bit version of the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller network port driver is apparently incapable of handling the packet format employed by Tinypic. And I can't fix it because I have no older driver to roll back to.

And what you're talking about is the same company, not the same ISP server, that's like saying with mobile broadband I connect to the same cellular mast wherever I use it.

And there is indeed a cable between my house and the EB HQ a km or two away, because I have fiber-optic cable, something which they're the only one to employ here yet.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I've got some time on my hands, if I were to start a hegemony game would anybody join?

My idea is that the game would have a high emphasis on technology and public relations so battles and torture and mishaps would need to be covered up. In an attempt to discourage war for the sake of war I'll come up with political scenarios which will increase in difficulty in regards to the current political climate.

qTLQRuS.png

And what you're talking about is the same company, not the same ISP server, that's like saying with mobile broadband I connect to the same cellular mast wherever I use it.

Not really.

What you are confusing is ISP servers and Local Internet Exchanges (Or it is country confusion, whatever)

If each ISP brought a building, laid multi-terabyte cables to said building, then laid multi-terabyte cables to Oslo, then things would be amazingly expensive and extremely redundant.

So what nominally happens...especially in countries which have a working Telephone network...Is that a company buys a building, lays the cables to said building and the major Internet Exchange, then leases parts of the bandwidth allowance to other companies, and other companies do the same thing, and thus all the companies split the costs of doing it, while making a profit off of each other.

Further, what they do is link these various buildings together, rather than linking all of them directly back to the major Internet Exchange.

It is somewhat similar to train stations...You don't link every trainstation to Oslo because it would be expensive, so what you do is create trunk lines and branch lines(like a tree), thus with one rail line you link dozens of stations to Oslo.

So you aren't connecting to the same 'Company' you are linking to a different company unless, as you do, you happen to live near a local Internet Exchange operated by your company.

Though the same point applies.

EB, probably, isn't going to run their Multi-Terabyte cable exclusively for you, and if they don't have that many customers, as you imply, then the chances are they are going to fail horribly, or they are leasing their cable out.

In any event had it been an ISP problem other people would be affected by it, and since they weren't, its a problem with your computer...as was proved.

And there is indeed a cable between my house and the EB HQ a km or two away, because I have fiber-optic cable, something which they're the only one to employ here yet.

I see.

And Drammen isn't that far from Oslo (about 24 miles for anyone else following the conversation(for some inexplicable reason)) so it is entirely possible that you are only a purely EB connection to the IXP.

But the point remains. If it was a problem with the ISP they would fix it when they became aware of it and there would be nothing you could do, so:

I would recommend leaving it a few days

And they would become aware of it reasonably quickly because, unless the bug was 'Do not display images from Tinypic on [Your IP]'[in code], which would be amazingly unlikely, there would be other consequences.

I've got some time on my hands, if I were to start a hegemony game would anybody join?

My idea is that the game would have a high emphasis on technology and public relations so battles and torture and mishaps would need to be covered up. In an attempt to discourage war for the sake of war I'll come up with political scenarios which will increase in difficulty in regards to the current political climate.

What's wrong with war for the sake of war? That's the best part, although total war might be a bit too frequent. :P

And question: would you be able to survive your own Hegemony?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I have reuploaded it as a jpeg image. Not sure if it being png had anything to do with the issue. Hopefully it's fixed now. lol

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

*Lei feels very confused* None of my Images seem to ever load.... 'cept the one of me that I had for awhile.

Later, I shall post my (finally) finished costume so ya'll can see it. I'm not the best costume maker (nor am I thin enough to correctly appear as who I wanna be), but it's exactly what I wore to a Rennisance Fair. I'll also be posting other photos which I'm taking tonight at the dance I'm attending.

Next Saturday I'm going to Homecoming....... I have no clue how I managed to convince myself to go....

Lei, you are telling TIF to load the pictures from a URL that doesn't exist, you have to upload them first, you can't just link to your harddrive.

Iey, I sugguest uploading the .png file again, but instead use another host such as imgur or photobucket.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Well, if it doesn't show up now, it's definitely on your end. As I used imgur. :P

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png