The Back Room

stevepole

There is no way to get a poor hold of someone's head apart from grabbing them by the ears, nose or lips.

The block would come as you're reaching out and it would do nothing because the most natural block for the head only covers the face, they won't realize you weren't striking until your hands are behind their head and then all you have to do is to lock them in place at the top back of their skull as you jerk them back and lift your knee, that doesn't take enough time for them to adjust their block or otherwise react.

Knee.gif

You see there? The blocker does not only take a mere 1/200th of a second to react, but also moves his arms considerably faster, yet do you see anything he could've done better without some magical precognition?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5GAb5MQapo&feature=related

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Holy shit, paradox is releasing a sequel to SotS, does anyone know if it will be any good?

Sounds pretty good, though I have to figure out what retailer to order it through, as the only one that I currently have an account with is steam and they have the worse preorder pack in my opinion.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Um... what? What does a bunch of flailing wannabe martial artists have to do with this?

I don't know, beyond the fact that they would beat the shit out of anyone trying to use that move of yours. Note the aforementioned 'knee-jerk' effect. Literally anyone you tried that on would at least smash your pills before the hit, which would probably decrease the force of the blow just slightly as you writhe on the floor. Don't tell me you wouldn't, you would, it's basic human instinct and you personally are by no means capable of keeping your momentum, much less your dignity, in such a situation.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You seem to forget one thing, I actually understand hand-to-hand combat because guess what? I'm a karate blue-belt. There's no human reflex that says to lift your knee if something is hurled towards your face, our reflex for that is to hide behind our arms.

Also unless I'm standing less than half a meter away from the target with my legs spread, the knee wouldn't hit anything, and at that distance the move is impossible (because you can't pull them down) and an uppercut would be the obvious choice of attack.

And no, those guys wouldn't beat anyone, they're pretending to know what they're doing, but their combat style is the one used for reverse David vs. Goliath scenes, you know where the small guy is jumping around, showing off before he's instantly and unceremoniously knocked out by a fist to the face.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You seem to forget one thing, I actually understand hand-to-hand combat because guess what? I'm a karate blue-belt. There's no human reflex that says to lift your knee if something is hurled towards your face, our reflex for that is to hide behind our arms.

Also unless I'm standing less than half a meter away from the target with my legs spread, the knee wouldn't hit anything, and at that distance the move is impossible (because you can't pull them down) and an uppercut would be the obvious choice of attack.

And no, those guys wouldn't beat anyone, they're pretending to know what they're doing, but their combat style is the one used for reverse David vs. Goliath scenes, you know where the small guy is jumping around, showing off before he's instantly and unceremoniously knocked out by a fist to the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlW0_r_japA

Starts at :22, runs several minutes of 'why you're wrong.'

Blue belt doesn't mean shit. Martial arts is impractical and probably puts you at a disadvantage until you've reached mastery. Except maybe something like Krav Maga.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Can I just point out...again...That the move is pure showboating.

If it was practical someone else would have thought of it before now...after all, they use 'Knee to face' often enough...'Knee to neck' isn't massively different.

Added to that, again, its killing someone...killing people is not useful.

So the practicality of the tenously possible, though vastly inefficent, move is questionable.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

He's also ignoring the fact that if you actually pulled someone's head down to hit your knee, chances are you'd just smash their chin, mouth, or nose. You see, Mather, the human spine has a tendency to arch in the direction it is being pulled in.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Just for the record, if someone tried grabbing hold of my head and crushing my neck with their knee, it would both a. be highly improbable to work because I'm not that short, and b. I'd probably hit them back before their knee got anywhere near my neck. The main reason I don't get into any fights is because I fight dirty - i.e. aim right for the family jewels. Which, if I were kicking, would also conveniently misdirect the knee aimed at my neck.

So while you are correct in thinking that the neck is a huge damn liability, your methods for exploiting that liability are flawed in almost any situation where your opponent is going to resist. You'd be better off trying to punch them in the neck, really.

a70c7.png

Nex, I feel sorry for you. Lord of the Flies was a sucky book. I hated it

Because William Goulding is apparently a sucky author.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

.... Why are we discussing fighting moves with Mather, his only 'experience' is throwing a wallet at someone and trying to knee someone in the face.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlW0_r_japA

Starts at :22, runs several minutes of 'why you're wrong.'

Blue belt doesn't mean shit. Martial arts is impractical and probably puts you at a disadvantage until you've reached mastery. Except maybe something like Krav Maga.

I'd add Silat (one of those special martial arts that encourages groin shots) to that list as well as possibly muay thai, and track and field (otherwise known as the art of running the [bleep] away).

LNYvk.png

Just for the record, if someone tried grabbing hold of my head and crushing my neck with their knee, it would both a. be highly improbable to work because I'm not that short, and b. I'd probably hit them back before their knee got anywhere near my neck. The main reason I don't get into any fights is because I fight dirty - i.e. aim right for the family jewels. Which, if I were kicking, would also conveniently misdirect the knee aimed at my neck.

So while you are correct in thinking that the neck is a huge damn liability, your methods for exploiting that liability are flawed in almost any situation where your opponent is going to resist. You'd be better off trying to punch them in the neck, really.

If I got into a fight, I feel like I'd probably aim for something that would scare the crap out of someone. Clawing the skin around their eyes, at their wrists, that sort of stuff is reflex for me and I have really strong nails. Hence why I wouldn't fight barehanded, I probably would fight 'like a girl' or 'like a psychopath'

Nex, I feel sorry for you. Lord of the Flies was a sucky book. I hated it

Because William Goulding is apparently a sucky author.

It's a brilliant book. What do you dislike about it?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

For your information I used to get into a lot of fights due to how easy I was to insult. It should also be noted that I never lost any of them and that it usually ended up with me being dragged away by a group of people before I hurt someone.

On an unrelated note I think I've finally snapped, something is urging me to go on a genocidal rampage against something somewhat dangerous with a bludgeoning tool... I blame loneliness and reading too many Homestuck fanadventures.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

For your information I used to get into a lot of fights due to how easy I was to insult. It should also be noted that I never lost any of them and that it usually ended up with me being dragged away by a group of people before I hurt someone.

On an unrelated note I think I've finally snapped, something is urging me to go on a genocidal rampage against something somewhat dangerous with a bludgeoning tool... I blame loneliness and reading too many Homestuck fanadventures.

Get. A. Grip. On. Reality.

To put it in Freudian terms... You're Ego is broken, Mather.

Just calm down, quiet down, accept that others can be right, AND GET A DAMNED GIRLFRIEND!

Hell it doesn't even have to be a RELATIONSHIP! Find a nice girl to talk to (in person), be friends, THEY might be able to tell you what's wrong. THEY might be able to help.

All WE can do is sit behind our monitors and watch you go deeper and deeper off the deep end.

You go to school, right? Just make idle talk during group work.

Hell, find a club or something.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Asperger's Syndrome makes it difficult to have interpersonal interactions, but it doesn't make it impossible.

I think, based on what I read here and there, Mather's depressed and possibly even frustrated with himself. In order to get out of that and make himself happier, he needs to change his attitude towards everything and have a positive outlook in life. Also, I read that Mather thought about committing suicide? He really needs help with that because he's in a crisis situation in his life, and it sometimes seems that when you guys post, it makes it worse for him. This is not something you should play around with, and he needs help if he truly desires to kill himself because he is depressed.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Asperger's Syndrome makes it difficult to have interpersonal interactions, but it doesn't make it impossible.

I think, based on what I read here and there, Mather's depressed and possibly even frustrated with himself. In order to get out of that and make himself happier, he needs to change his attitude towards everything and have a positive outlook in life. Also, I read that Mather thought about committing suicide? He really needs help with that because he's in a crisis situation in his life, and it sometimes seems that when you guys post, it makes it worse for him. This is not something you should play around with, and he needs help if he truly desires to kill himself because he is depressed.

The point I was making is, he shouldn't be seeking help here. We're not psychologists, we're not even nice people. I'd say there are a few of us who honestly just don't care that much if he lives or dies, and while I for one do, he's not doing anything but annoying me at this point.

The reason I'm not some emo wrist-cutter is probably because of my friends. I don't get out, at all, ever, but those little conversations at school and the knowledge that there are individuals who know the me I project in life, and appreciate them, is all I need. Mather doesn't seem to get enough of that, and he should, he has potential to be perfectly nice and likable. He's certainly dedicated, and some people can deal with clingy if they understand you just want to care. I should know.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm shut in, I don't get enough sleep, and I feel like shit 24/7. Friends help a lot. And no, we're not nice people and if you think we are.. Bahahahhaa.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Oh boy... I found bits of songs that are me related...

"Mother, looking at me

Tell me what do you see?

Yes I've lost my mind.

Daddy looking at me

Tell me what do you see?

Have I crossed the line?" from t.a.T.u's All the Things She Said.

And

"I keep fighting against God in such a dirty, cruel place.

My left arm has been blown off and my wings teared off.

I keep fighting against God in such a dirty, cruel place.

My right arm is full of scars and I've devoted everything." from Luka's (as in the vocaloid) Dancer in the Dark.

I'll just spare everyone the drama and not explain how they're me related. I've had a very bad night.