The Back Room

stevepole

Okay, I have registered #tavern for the time being, if Stork or any of the admins wishes to take control of the chat from me, Just ask and I will transfer ownership or grant Admin status in the channel.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Right then!

'Just for game ideas' would of course encompass discussion, reactions, recommendations, etc. People are fairly comfortable with The Back Room, so hopefully it won't bomb like all the other idea threads we've had.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Would be nice to see who was voting for what...but still.

Open ballots always seem to lead to a more transparent decision, largely because there are people behind them, not just faceless votes.

As to the channel, if it hasn't been done already, would be an idea to set up a 'dumb' account, purely so no one has the leadership but leadership can be accessed should it need to be.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Would be nice to see who was voting for what...but still.

Open ballots always seem to lead to a more transparent decision, largely because there are people behind them, not just faceless votes.

As to the channel, if it hasn't been done already, would be an idea to set up a 'dumb' account, purely so no one has the leadership but leadership can be accessed should it need to be.

Well, currently I have it registered to my nick group, though if it is really an issue for you all I will transfer the registration of the account over to an administrator in which case I cannot expect there to be any issues with who holds the channel ownership. (really the most I would do is grant Moderators Auto admin powers and change the discussion topic)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Don't agree with any one the poll ideas so I'm not going to vote

But this may spark an actual discussion in the backroom:

What did the bot nuke do in RS?

Anyone playing some sweet MMO?

Anyone excited for, TERA, GW2 or the new WoW expansion?

Also Res, no because only like 3 people (I'd really only go with Archi tbh) knows enough about politics to play the game properly

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

The bot nuke in RS, it's too soon to make any solid claims. But as it appears right now, I would say that the game may shift to being, well..bot free. More people actually playing the game like back before free trade was taken away (They really should have waited until they had this clusterflutter ready to release free trade and wildy again imo)

On the topic of playing any sweet MMOs. Currently, I am not. I'm still waiting on Star Wars: The Old Republic coming out soon and getting a computer that can run it. lol

In regards to WoW, I used to play for the longest time. Their expansion killed the game, and now already they're coming out with another expansion. I might buy a month to check it out once it comes out, but that's about it.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Don't agree with any one the poll ideas so I'm not going to vote

But this may spark an actual discussion in the backroom:

What did the bot nuke do in RS?

Anyone excited for, TERA, GW2 or the new WoW expansion?

Also Res, no because only like 3 people (I'd really only go with Archi tbh) knows enough about politics to play the game properly

TERA?

I'm still looking forwards to the someday release of DUST 514.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

(I'd really only go with Archi tbh)

:shades:

if it is really an issue for you all I will transfer the registration of the account over to an administrator in which case I cannot expect there to be any issues with who holds the channel ownership.

In my opinion it would be best if I had full control :thumbup:

But thats because I am paranoid and have 'some crazy ideas' which people have lynched other people for.

Personally, it shouldn't matter who has control. None (Few) of us are liable to abuse the power for our own ends, and if they do then we can set up another channel with a different person leading it.

This would be my argument against the Admin controlling it...Not that they would abuse the power, but they have the inclination and experience to wield the power over situations which don't neccessarily require it being used. (Personally, I just don't want someone sitting in the channel with a crown because it makes people edgy.)

Realistically the only reason to have a leader is to prevent against people camping the channel, if someone is being a major annoyance:

Screenshot, report, log off.

Bot Nuking:

Assuming they have destroyed 98% of the bots, and not 5% of the bots and 93% of legitmate accounts...There will be more bots...there will always be more bots.

Unless Jagex has created some sort of web-cam based system to work out who is a bot and who isn't, which has problems in and of itself, the set back will be temporary at best.

Would be like shooting all the corrupt bankers...you don't get them all, you kill some innocent people and a few years (Weeks/days in RS given the ease at which people level now) there will be more of them.

No, I have recently rediscovered the X series though.

Wiki Link

Its real time space combat/trading, with a 'one more turn' sort of style of game play =P

I will log off just as soon as this ship is upgraded, oh, there is a ship over there I could shoot up and try to take over, I will do that while I am waiting, oh the ship has arrived, I will just set it to transport this to here while I get back to the station to save.

Its pretty ingenious in its addictiveness...especially as a freeform game. (There is also a storyline mode)

Its also quite fun that you can be a ruthless pirate AND a bussinessman at the same time, and by attacking 1 ship in 1 sector you don't irrevocably cut yourself off from all civilised sectors forever.

For instance, I am a pirate to the Boron(Aquatic Race) and Paranid(Another race), a hero to the Split (Another race) and an 'alright bloke' to the Argon (Humanesc).

I have set myself in a system between the Split and Argon, but with large volues of Boron and Paranid traffic.

Recently expanded into buying a Chelt(Fish creature) Aquarium (An industrial sized space station) and two Raster Refinaries (Turning Chelts into Raster Oil, which is used by the Split.)

My stolen fleet of cargo ships thus buy energy cells from the Teladi (Another, profit obsessed, race, in a system 2 jumpgates over) and the Argon (1 system over) and sell Raster Oil to the Split (1 system over).

Originally I had built an Ore Mine...but the area around me is flooded with Ore...so I gave up on that (Wasting 700,000 credits in the process - the average fighter/trader ship is worth between 10,000 and 1,000,000 credits, and the 1,000,000 credit ships are uncommon...and difficult to capture.)

But now that both Raster Refinaries are operating (I had one earlier...took so long to get enough money together to do anything) I am making a good amount of profit with minimal input (Though the computer being silly doesn't buy the way I want it to so interventions abound).

One of the really really really good things about it is the Singularity Engine Time Acclerator...which seems really basic, but is SO useful. Basically it speeds the game up by a certain factor (default is set at 600%, I have mine set at 1,000%, the highest setting), so rather than waiting 10 minutes for a ship to slowly cross a sector, you can press J and have it shoot across in 1 minute. BUT you aren't forced to play the game in super high speeds or remember/find the J key to turn it off again, you can just take evasive action (generally engines full ahead, and one of the straffing engines to full, so you travel sideways and forwards, avoiding the enemy fire, then change straffing direction, come about, and try to avoid their shots while firing at them) and it automatically slows down to normal speed.

The weapons system is pretty awesome as well...there is a noticable difference between weapons...Its not about simply getting the BEST weapon and then holding down the fire button, its about getting the right weapon for the right craft, for the right circumstance.

For instance, I am using mostly Impulse Ray Emitters and Pulsed Beam Emitters, both are relatively short range, with, high speed and good damage.

But, I also have two Particle Accelerator Cannons (Which do awesome blue special effects when they hit a ship) which are longer range, slower speed and higher damage.

You can have up to 8 weapon systems at a time (on the ship I have at the moment, Mamba!), but you can choose which weapons you want to fire (There are 4 configeration tabs, linked to 1,2,3,4 on the keyboard, so you can fire a long range volley, then switch over to short ranged weapons so you aren't wasting energy firing weapons that can't possible hit (Like using heavy, slow, weapons to hit a fighter that is faster than the energy bolt, or short ranged weapons to hit a target beyond it range).

The only real drawback is the lack of customisation (and I never seem to have enough money =P), there are only 7 or so classes of ship, and while each race has a variant, getting all of the ships is a pain in the neck (Though why you want them all is another matter)...and the variants are not MASSIVELY different from each other.

Similarly, there are only 9 weapon systems, usually with an Alpha and Beta version, with the Alpha being less energy consuming, and the Beta being more powerful. (Again its not UPGRADE, but choosing the right weapon for the right job)

And linked to not having enough money...Its incredibly hard to find some of the weapons/ships/shields/ect. You can't just click a tab to find them all, you have to search the Universe for the right station, and then hope that that station has them in stock.

...Because there is, at the start of the game, a paralysing lack of Raster Oil in the sector north of the one with my refinaries in (The main reason I set them up where I did...), and so the factories there don't produce anything, so the ability to buy stuff is reduced (Ect). You can, obviously, search around and other systems will have the resources you need, and there is a 'Jump Drive' so you don't have to wind your way across all of space...but you have to buy that, and I don't really have the time to track it down and buy it (I am building an empire damn it =P).

AND even if you do buy it, you have to hire other ships to transport the station construction kits, so it isn't that useful....just mildly time releasing =P

Added to that you have to explore the universe(you start with a blank map, though its not a random map so you end up exploring the same area time and again, if you start a new game...which I wouldn't :rolleyes: (Part of the fun is that you aren't locked into playing a certain way, like a certain class or ship or race relations, you can try to rebefriend people (Which is hard...let me tell you) or buy a different ship and use that, so you don't need several saved games at different levels of development, you can play all of the aspects of the game with one version.))

TERA?

I think it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exiled_Realm_of_Arborea

But yeah...I have little interest in MMORPGs...they are fun for a while, but there is always a grinding element to them...and the stories/quests tend to be linear, with few exceptions.

All of which I can do in a single player game...without an internet connection, without noobs and without choobs(Which is high level noobs (So I believe =P))...So you aren't assaulted by people for free stuff, and you aren't told to spend 5 hours cutting maples because that is 'hw u ply!'

...No body cares if you spend huge amounts of money on a totally worthless item (and you can load a save if you screw up).

Additionally, you aren't competing with anyone. (In games like Call of Duty, or other shootem ups, or base building or...basically games where mistakes are commonplace... competition can be good because most people have an 'average' level of skill and so you can win and lose (playing against people of ultra high level is still not fun), where as games like RS, anyone can read a guide and suddenly become 'good'. Which means anyone who is just playing the game becomes 'bad'.

Anyway, thats my $2. :thumbsup:

I've been playing a rather fun game, Rusty Hearts. Arcade style, based somewhat off of Castlevanyia, with a new story-line, fun characters and dialogue, and a story that makes SENSE. In the fact that its not a bunch of random characters joining a fight for the hell of it, and they actually have good reasons for joining. And reasons why they won't tell their whole stories straight out. Also, looking forward to End of Nations, first and foremost, and then maybe Tera.

Edit: Also, keep the thread as it is. I'd rather like to keep this place as a place to ask questions, maybe about homework or just general opinions, without having to remember what forum to go to, what thread, and what page it is in a different part of Tip.It.

Edit 2: ... Y'know. I really can't say anything about this anymore. We've got Mather whinging and whining about his life and blaming others on the Tavern, Lei trying to deal with her problems by blurting them all over the place (Actual or perceived, I can't tell, there's no filter for that kind of thing in real life.), the veterans are leaving because of all that. Thats the sad part. This place was awesome. It had Hegenomy, which althoguh I couldn't make heads or tails of it and probably would have gotten Mexico nuked if I hadn't quit, and Dungeoneering which was my favourite game. Then Space, which just made verything more fun, and crazy. We all went together with that even if we hardly ever worked together. And then shit fell apart. Now it's back to people leaving and whining and complaining (I'm not exempt from this) and saying 'Everythings going to hell'. So why are we letting it? Just.. [bleep]ing hell. Why don't we just make one thread. One. One thread thats for making a new game after suficient down time from the last one. We all contribute ideas. We all work on it. We choose a mod who we know will do it right. We play the game. and see what happens from there. Does that sound cool?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I'm not whining, I never say when I've had a shitty day, I just tell you about peculiar stuff, like how my irises turn nearly pure azure when my eyes are bloodshot. It's just that when I'm arguing, I refuse to stop and since I'm not the only one to be like that it eventually just gets down to my (lack of) love life since that's the foundation of my personality.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

No deleting this topic... Otherwise I'm gonna end up talking about off topic stuff on all the game topics I'm on... Leiana + offtopic due to no place to really talk about it + Leiana's constant stupidity = Leiana pissing everybody off. Again.

On another note: ^v^ yesterday went from bad to awesome. The awesome stuff: I achieved a 105% on my final for the classroom drivers ed course I was taking. Then I watched the coolest End-of-Act sequence of all time. ^v^ didn't even have a problem watching the flash, so I didn't use Mather's link. Gonna go get my permit next week! Yay!

And Mather: sorry for interrupting your game. I really only needed a simple yes or no answer.

This seems to be more than it needs to be. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

If I were still a Mod, I would delete this thread in a heartbeat. It's not like it's a game or something, nothing particularly amusing to archive. And IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE HERE IF IT'S ONLY FOR MATHER AND LEIANA TO STROKE THEIR OWN [bleep]ING EGOS.

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT HALF THE THINGS YOU SAY. I'm not innocent of blathering, just ask Archi, but you're actually driving away people we care about.

GET A LIFE, AND FRIENDS WHO DON'T MIND YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU CONSTANTLY. It's not that we don't care about you, but the things you go on about really should be on some Twitter account or something if anywhere. And whether or not we care about your well-being, you're making it VERY hard to enjoy your company.

And I don't mean to be speaking for the rest of the Tavern, I doubt I actually am, but I'm pissed enough that I feel it necessary to say "we."

FINALLY, the IRC #tavern is up and MAKE THE POLL PUBLIC STORK.

If we don't see who voted then it could be anyone, random strangers fiddled with a community vote like that a while ago if you recall.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

just ask Archi,

't's true sir, yes indeed.

And I don't mean to be speaking for the rest of the Tavern, I doubt I actually am, but I'm pissed enough that I feel it necessary to say "we."

I would guess you probably were talking for me, Grim, Ross, Ico and yourself...Dungeonal probably as well, RPG, Paul...Wyvern maybe.

I think thats a majority.

FINALLY, the IRC #tavern is up and MAKE THE POLL PUBLIC STORK.

Changing a poll after voting has begun is tricky...lets not get frustrated at people just doing their job (aka Stork), we love and appreciate him for being awesome (Or at least not terrible like Nex, er... =P Joke)

But most importantly, though we are all annoyed by the talking about stuff we aren't interested, lets just vote and not say more on the matter until a decision is reached.

You know, if you weren't so darn adamant on seeing me as complaining all the time, you would realize that a lot of the incidents I've posted about were [bleep]ing hilarious, like the incendiary marshmallow explosive.

I ain't no emo, I'm a living parody who's just too [bleep]ing defensive.

The sooner you start laughing every time I get a face full of asphalt or an extremity full of cuts, scratches and bruises the better, just don't mention my emotions and we'll all be as [bleep]ing happy as can be.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Clearly your comedy stylings are wasted on us....

What with the whole 'May cause irreperable, serious and catastrophic injury' aspect.

Quite impressed that the removal of censorship of one word has lead to an immediate lowering of the tone, style and general structure of forum posting...

You know, if you weren't so darn adamant on seeing me as complaining all the time, you would realize that a lot of the incidents I've posted about were [bleep]ing hilarious, like the incendiary marshmallow explosive.

I ain't no emo, I'm a living parody who's just too [bleep]ing defensive.

The sooner you start laughing every time I get a face full of asphalt or an extremity full of cuts, scratches and bruises the better, just don't mention my emotions and we'll all be as [bleep]ing happy as can be.

It's not funny in the least. It's a bit depressing that you get yourself into stuff like that, and it makes us a bit worried about you. You NEED to stop talking about that stuff, no one at all in this entire forum as far as I know wants to hear it.

I wasn't being angry with Stork, just wanted him to see it.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Irreparable damage? Other than scarring the closest I've come was when peeling an apple at the age of 3, if I had somehow found superstrenght at that moment then I would've lost my right index finger...

There's nothing wrong with what happens to me, cuts, burns and concussions I can laugh at myself even right after they've happened. I'm nowhere near doing anything stupid enough to lose a limb and if I somehow manage to kill myself by accident, it would be as a heart failure after another occurance of not getting short on breath while running.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Irreparable damage? Other than scarring the closest I've come was when peeling an apple at the age of 3, if I had somehow found superstrenght at that moment then I would've lost my right index finger...

There's nothing wrong with what happens to me, cuts, burns and concussions I can laugh at myself even right after they've happened. I'm nowhere near doing anything stupid enough to lose a limb and if I somehow manage to kill myself by accident, it would be as a heart failure after another occurance of not getting short on breath while running.

None of those things are funny. Stop.

RIP Dawngate ;-;