The Back Room

stevepole

So basically we are locking this thread, archiving it for posterity, and creating a new one with stricter guidelines about random chat, while also recommending the use of IRC for discussion purposes.

Well, the vote was definately worthwhile :rolleyes:

Congratualations Iey, hopefully with you onboard the Tavern won't sink and drag Stork down :thumbsup:

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Congratz, Iey! I must say you're the right gal for the job, you're undoubtedly the most mature here.

...Dang it, where'd the admins hide the banhammer...? :P

And a community gaming thread sounds quite interesting, although I'm not sure how well certain parties would take it, since there's already a subforum in OT for non-RS video games.

a70c7.png

Well, there is another solution. On the Tavern gaming thread, the very second post can be reserved for such purpose. For example, everyone in the Tavern IRC wants to plan something on Steam or another game outside the Tavern. All they would have to do is either PM Stork or myself with the details, and we edit in the details for that event on the second post. Just an idea. :)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

May I suggest that if this is indeed closed, that we get a thread for community gaming, where we can discuss things such as the Falador Tavern clan and arrange matches in for example TF2.

This might be interesting.

No, it would be ridiculous because this is a subforum for text-based games, not a community where people can play runescape together. That is what the rest of the forum is for.

You can either use the rest of the forum or use IRC.

This has been established by both the official rules and an admin.

Edit: congratulations.

qTLQRuS.png

That'd be awesome, Fura. Also Mather, I think res just means that there shouldn't be a thread for that bexause it's outside the Taverns jurisdiction. I don't really agree, but maybe limit it to something like a post on the gaming thread that you'll host a group chat for a game On steam or IRC or some such so it's neater.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Res, why are you so insistent on taking the community part out of the Falador Tavern community?

Mather, You can hardly call what the backroom is a Community thread with the frequency that people totally ignore each other or end up flaming each other for trivial reasons. If you truely want to continue the so called 'Community' you can always find 5 others and Just ask for a private forum section for you to keep things similar to how they are here, its just that these 'community' activities end up getting in the way of the intended purpose of the Falador Tavern which is one of the reasons we have a grand total of 1 actual game currently running on a consistant basis.

I am fine with shutting down the backroom and making a new thread, as it is Consistant with my proposed idea that A totally general off topic thread is counter productive but there needs to be a non specific thread for game concepts to be made on and to recieve feedback from potential players.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

• 1 month later...

So, the Paradox pack is on for only $75 on steam and includes pretty much every newer Paradox game. If you guys can afford that, I think we could have a fun time with it. If you can't afford the whole thing, EUIII with all expansions is only $15 and even better Victoria 2 is only $12.

Indeed. I think we should poke Paul and Dusty and Dungeonal into a group game.

My Prussian Armies will destroy you!

Where was my invite Archi ;_;

I-It's ok, not like I wanted to crush heresy with you or anything~

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

It's Christmas time, maybe I could try to get it.

And fail miserably for lack of knowledge and predictable actions.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

To be honest...If anyone wanted to run a board game (You know, the Monopoly and the like) then I would certainly play.

I would be willing to run one, I could second a webcam from the other computer if someone was willing to show me how to set up a live stream =)

If anyone has any requests let me know.

To be honest...If anyone wanted to run a board game (You know, the Monopoly and the like) then I would certainly play.

I would be willing to run one, I could second a webcam from the other computer if someone was willing to show me how to set up a live stream =)

If anyone has any requests let me know.

I am interested:

I call dibs/bagsy the battleship before anybody else asks.

qTLQRuS.png

Merry Christmas. Now enjoy an old relic of the cold war that could've also applied to any conflict in Hegemony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLBXhxuEN1c

"Mr. Rocco, please don't MOAB bomb Tokyo"

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Merry Christmas everyone!

@archi, go right ahead. ^_^

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Merry Christmas. Now enjoy an old relic of the cold war that could've also applied to any conflict in Hegemony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLBXhxuEN1c

"Mr. Rocco, please don't MOAB bomb Tokyo"

Spreading Anthrax Flavoured Goodness across the world, thats Mr. Tokyo.

[garden tool] [garden tool] [garden tool] and a bottle of eggnog.

Hope everyone had a joyful, present-filled Christmas.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Merry Christmas!

I finally had a good Christmas for once.

[hide= Random stuff no one really needs to read] Now, I must build a very big Lego ship... It's about two feet long and I don't know how high it is. Also: New boyfriend :thumbsup: finally in control of myself (mostly). Possible return of a good friend or two (recently lost best friend, she contacted me today (I missed it because I was eating))[/hide]

Also: hey Retech. Hi Mather. Been a long time since I heard from you both. (not complaining just stating the obvious as usual) Welcome Back!

[garden tool] [garden tool] [garden tool] and a bottle of eggnog.

Hope everyone had a joyful, present-filled Christmas.

Yes, I'll enjoy my garden shovels.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.