The Back Room

stevepole

wat

HAIL CAESAR! :salute:

How're things on your end Dusty? Having fun and not dying from lung cancer, I hope!

Hehe, HAIL THE MIGHTY CAESAR!

Indeed, not dead yet! :D

I'm taking Latin in school now, did you know that Caesar essentially means 'hairy' due to its word root?

Also, there were something like twelve different names for Roman boys, along with feminine forms. Hence they had two other names, but especially in the same family you would get the same name over and over and over again. The girls only got just the one name, though, and to increase the confusion all the girls born under the same parents would traditionally receive the exact same name.

Overall, Latin naming systems really really sucked, especially, I imagine, if you were a judicial worker or messenger.

Indeed. But it gets a bit interesting later on when you get other culture's romanized names, such as Trajan and Hadrian.

wat

How're things on your end Dusty? Having fun and not dying from lung cancer, I hope!

I'm taking Latin in school now, did you know that Caesar essentially means 'hairy' due to its word root?

Also, there were something like twelve different names for Roman boys, along with feminine forms. Hence they had two other names, but especially in the same family you would get the same name over and over and over again. The girls only got just the one name, though, and to increase the confusion all the girls born under the same parents would traditionally receive the exact same name.

Overall, Latin naming systems really really sucked, especially, I imagine, if you were a judicial worker or messenger.

Indeed. But it gets a bit interesting later on when you get other culture's romanized names, such as Trajan and Hadrian.

We already have the slaves named Thressa and Syra and such. The slaves all get the coolest names.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

wat

We already have the slaves named Thressa and Syra and such. The slaves all get the coolest names.

Damned slaves, they always get the best things.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Nex, have you finished your book report for Ms. Murphy yet?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Nex, have you finished your book report for Ms. Murphy yet?

I'm not in Ms. Murphy's class. I have Mr. Asklar now.

He's pretty damn cool, but I wish his name wasn't so hard to say seriously without making it seem like an insult

EDIT: @Mather: Ceramic?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It's too beige for those descriptions, and my avatar is a bit off due to part of the original picture being flooded with sunlight... Also the color sensitivity of my webcam may be set a bit high due to how fancy it looks with my blue irises dominating the picture.

Nex, too orange for your description.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

It's too beige for those descriptions, and my avatar is a bit off due to part of the original picture being flooded with sunlight... Also the color sensitivity of my webcam may be set a bit high due to how fancy it looks with my blue irises dominating the picture.

Nex, too orange for your description.

Laminated clay looks pretty damned orange... It can encompass a pretty wide range of colours around where that one of yours is at.

I could also argue that it's too light a colour for diarrhea, but I suppose Norwegians might just have weird diets.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

44.png

(Shamelessly shows off) :thumbsup:

I am not entirely sure what it is, I am tempted to say short sword, but I don't have a vast knowledge of swords so...

Thats rather good, I like the lighting and the guard on it. What did you make it on?

qTLQRuS.png

Neat sword Archi. :thumbsup:

Trying to get crap done before I leave for homecoming. I'm quiet excited and I'll hopefully get a few pictures.

Does anyone know why Nero and Ross seem to disappear for very long amounts of time?

I could also argue that it's too light a colour for diarrhea, but I suppose Norwegians might just have weird diets.

I think that can be explained by the color scheme and screen brightness, it's hard matching any color on a screen to a color on anything else, especially when it's surrounded by another color.

One thing that is worth mentioning though is that it is perhaps the best color my room could possibly have, the combination of it and the fact that I chose two shades that are almost precisely the same and applied the darker one to the short walls makes the room look a lot bigger than it is. What makes it even better is that I chose the colors despite my parents nay-saying and I've never regretted it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

wat

How's life?

Earth, wouldn't that entail something more along the lines of british WWII procedures (which would probably be slightly easier to get a hold of). What sort of project are you doing anyways?

Seeing as this is the only response.. Anyways. One thing to note is that it'll be difficult to do this if I don't have the links right here, ESPECIALLy now that my home computer is down the drain. But, i'm doing a project for mr.Asklar, english teacher, yadda yadda yadda. It's for Lord of the Flies. I wanted to do a British Naval report to the head of the navy, who according to Ralph is Ralph's father, and I need some references so I don't pull this out of my ass and do it badly. Book is set around Cold War era so thats why I specified report styles during that time. Anything could help, from how they're usually titled or hell a link to a database would be lovely.

Edit: I may have to half-ass it. I'm not getting anything from my searches.. Gah.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Earth, this is quite helpful.

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/flies/

Really good information.

--

Also I vote somebody starts up a new hegemony game.

Or I start up a new hegemony game and people join it.

Either way.

I think the best approach would be to start it yourself (it allows for you to form the game up around your own personal rules). I mean, yes, it could flop, but it never hurt to try, right? :P

If it doesn't work, just try again with a different setting/mechanics/rules/story or whatever and maybe it'll have better luck. I know, easier said than done. But if you really want a hegemony, someone's got to want to make them. :)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

/me wonders why her best friend's boyfriend like likes Leiana too.

I don't get why almost every damn boy within my state with blue/gray eyes and blond hair ends up really liking me... I'm not trying to be attractive or anything... Anywho, how was everyone's weekend?

/me wonders why her best friend's boyfriend like likes Leiana too.

I don't get why almost every damn boy within my state with blue/gray eyes and blond hair ends up really liking me... I'm not trying to be attractive or anything... Anywho, how was everyone's weekend?

Don't worry, I'm sure it only seems like you're universally likeable. :P

And if you truly dislike attention, you can always try actively making yourself look less attractive. That's what my lesbian friend did when she didn't want males falling for her, she stopped brushing her hair (from the picture she showed me, I can see why, she had the most beautiful hair ever :P ) to get dreadlocks.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Delete upon request

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?