The Back Room

stevepole

iMacs are a bit too "mainstream" today to really say most of the users are mainstream. Normal people will soon begin to understand that they're basically getting robbed when it comes to price versus quality however.

And while I do admit that iPods have earned their fame, I still believe the iPhone fad will die down and in the end hTC, Android and maybe Samsung will rule the smartphone market. hTC because of their experience (having made smartphones for years already), Android because of the sheer size and innovation of Google and Samsung because they were the phone company that adapted to the fad the fastest out of the big ones.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Alternatively Samsung & co will go the way of de Havilland, with a product that is so cutting edge that it explodes spectacularly.

Like some sort of contact lens phone that transmits sound waves through the optic nerve in some hither to unexplained way, which works fine until people start going deaf.

Or they will bring out the bestest ever phone, at the same time some other company brings out the contact lens phone, and they will fail so horrifically that they collapse.

Ebb and flow.

As to Apple...As long as they can carry on coming up with god awful inventions people will keep buying them...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I am very sure that Apple will not crash over Steve Job's death. As even before his death he wasn't CEO for a few weeks (I think perhaps a month) and you probably assume before that he was doing less and less work due to his illness.

Also Steve probably did not single handedly come up with every single idea Apple came out with. To be honest, I can see Apple becoming weaker but in no way failing.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

To me, his death doesn't mean anything at all.

I would guess to most people it doesn't mean a great deal either.

Its not like all iProducts had his face emblazoned over them...or his family will demand the apple logo back.

People buy iProducts because everything works together and it takes alot of effort to do the same thing with Windows...So saying that Jobs' death will stop people buying iProducts is like saying people would stop buying American if Obama died.

The long term implications will be a result of Tim Cook's bussiness strategy...Not Jobs' death.

"Everything works together"? Can you even tell me one thing the iPad works together with?

Also yes, I'm aware that Windows sucks, but it's better than MacOS and no one buys Windows phones anyways. Google however has everything work exactly the way it should right away. Androids, Youtube, Gmail, Google+ etc. they're all made so that you only need to enter your email and password and BAM, it's all set up. Also Androids have Skype without requiring a jailbreak. Oh, and more things have a mini/extUSB than whatever those [bleep]ed up ports iProducts use are called.

I'm definitively changing OS the moment Google comes out with a non-Linux-based one.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Ipad works with Itunes.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

"Everything works together"? Can you even tell me one thing the iPad works together with?

I can give you 140,000 things that it works with.

Alternatively, iPhones, iMacs, iCameras(if they exist)

You take a random PC then there will be a proportion of software that doesn't work on it, there will be another proportion of hardware that doesn't work with it.

Also yes, I'm aware that Windows sucks, but it's better than MacOS and no one buys Windows phones anyways. Google however has everything work exactly the way it should right away. Androids, Youtube, Gmail, Google+ etc. they're all made so that you only need to enter your email and password and BAM, it's all set up. Also Androids have Skype without requiring a jailbreak. Oh, and more things have a mini/extUSB than whatever those [bleep]ed up ports iProducts use are called.

Windows is pretty awesome in my opinion. While the Mac/Apple is pretty useless.

That is my opinion, not what most people think.

Also, Macs tend to use Firewire and USB ports.................. I am not entirely sure what your point here is...Other than different products use different cables.

And having everything set up for you is exactly what Microsoft did, then the court ruled against them, and they couldn't do that any more.

Added to that its not overly important to have everything pre-packaged, in my opinion...I can reformat my harddrive and get back to a sembalance of programs in an hour or two...Whereas having to clear out the bloatware takes absolutely forever...Great if you want the Bloatware, but if you don't, it is useless.

I'm definitively changing OS the moment Google comes out with a non-Linux-based one.

a product that is so cutting edge that it explodes spectacularly.

Those are apps designed for it, that's just like saying GameBoys are compatible with millions of other things.

With "whatever those [bleep]ed up ports that iProducts use" I was not talking about USB and Firewire, those are the computer-side ports, I was talking about those that port iPods and iPhones (and presumably iPads) have at the bottom so that you can put them on top of docking stations. Most things that have those also have USB ports, so do almost everything else. And while you can just use the cable that comes with the device, it's not an international standard (just an Apple standard) and so you can't get a replacement at every electronics store and the convenience is gone. They did the mistake HTC did not, and developed a cable that while innovative, is not compatible with any existing standard. If you lose the cable for your iPhone you have to go search for a new one, if you lose the cable for an HTC you can just reach into any pile of data cables and there's a 25% chance you grab one you can use at the first attempt.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

iPhones/Ipod Touchs/Ipads have Youtube and Gmail already set up, all you need to do is set up your password and BAM, it's all set up. You can download a google+ app (ten seconds max) and enter your password and BAM, it's all set up. Also iPhones have skype without requiring a jailbreak.

Also, the iPhone is designed to be used with its USB adapter and personally I don't see the problem with it; a lot of devices are USB charged, the only difference is that iproducts have an adapter. Just because something is commonplace it doesn't mean that it is in anyway bad, infact it creates more revenue for the apple instead of small electronic shops - another clever business move by apple.

However I agree, it is completely unesscary and I assume its just to keep a thin form factor and to be consistent with other apple products for example ipod nano etc.

qTLQRuS.png

Buy what you want, don't buy what you don't want. Argument annulled.

Plus, why would you cheer that someone died? How many people has Steve Jobs killed?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

iPhones/Ipod Touchs/Ipads have Youtube and Gmail already set up, all you need to do is set up your password and BAM, it's all set up. You can download a google+ app (ten seconds max) and enter your password and BAM, it's all set up. Also iPhones have skype without requiring a jailbreak.

You need more than a password to log into the account. And Androids have the registering/logging in to the Google account as part of the setup of the phone itself, after that the phone automatically signs you in to any Google service. And yeah, it was only for iPads that Apple removed the Skype app because it was too convenient.

Nex, if you count being the cause of their suicide then I'm pretty sure that makes a LOT of people.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

What the hell is wrong with you. Who commits suicide over an Apple product?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm just saying, a lot of people have committed suicide over things in which computers took part, and they would probably never have been using computers in the first place if not for him making the first graphic OS. Also there are probably some that have killed themselves because they didn't want to live in a world where such a hipster company could get so big.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I'm just saying, a lot of people have committed suicide over things in which computers took part, and they would probably never have been using computers in the first place if not for him making the first graphic OS. Also there are probably some that have killed themselves because they didn't want to live in a world where such a hipster company could get so big.

Just... Just no, Mather.

You're screwed up to justify cheering at someone's death for such a reason.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

What the [bleep] is wrong with you? This is absolutely sick, because you're a fanboy of android/Google you're celebrating the death of a great visionary. If I were in the same room as you, I would have punched you; I cannot stand for your tasteless celebration of a death because apple makes things differently to how you would.

Nobody has committed suicide over apple, nobody else cares about 'hipsters'' and all that stuff, only a small vocal group, a hateful group of bitter people choose to go on the internet and celebrate deaths as if they're ever going to amount to what that person did.

About three hundred million iPods have been sold worldwide, you think that its going to be a brighter future? You think that because a man gave enjoyment to millions we'll have a brighter future? Or are you looking to a future where the OS you like is more popular?

[hide]White-iPhone-4-Steve-Jobs-Headshot-WWDC-2010-photoshop.jpg[/hide]

qTLQRuS.png

Seriously, how the hell was he a Visionary? The only product Job's Apple was first to was the Touch Screen Smartphone. All he did was create poor quality, overpriced products that looked shiny, then stuck extremely restrictive software on them. He may have been a marketing genius, but he was bad for technological progress. Not even mentioning the ridiculous tech patents they file and fight over (Although everyone does this).

Yeah, it's sad that Steve Jobs the person died, but the tech world is better off without him.

The only product Job's Apple was first to was the Touch Screen Smartphone.

Actually HTC beat him to that when they were under a different name. What they made looked more like PDAs but they were phones, my dad had one of those maybe 5 or more years ago

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

The only product Job's Apple was first to was the Touch Screen Smartphone.

Actually HTC beat him to that when they were under a different name. What they made looked more like PDAs but they were phones, my dad had one of those maybe 5 or more years ago

Really? I didn't know that, I've always heard Apple was first.