The Back Room

stevepole

Nex......I'm sorry. I've been trying to keep up with my school work and everything else. :( I sorriez

Homework second, webcomics first! :(

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Homework first, webcomics second. And Drowtales is still not a favorite of mine, so unless some stupid argument is going on about it that I can actually talk about, I won't be talking about it beyond this post.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

So one guy manages to have his head fall off and cracks his goggles on the pavement, revealing one eye, bloodshot due to not seeing sunlight for his whole life. He then goes sober-Gamzee insane, complete with creepy appearance alterations and his cybertronic wings/tail twisting and turning in Lovecraftian geometries.

Jen Cameo and face mauls. Better and better.

Wooo, cameo!

When do we get to read it?

Err... That depends on how long I can hold on to the idea and how long I can manage to have my lazy butt produce the story.

So guess what I drew.

[hide=Late-night drawing, so it probably sucks a bit more than the rest]9b31a.png

I.... really shouldn't draw this guy when I need to sleep shortly afterward... Don't know how creepy you guys find it, but for me it's right up there next to Gamzee and Squiddles, a few tiers below Slenderman.[/hide]

a70c7.png

Dude, that looks awesome. And scary.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I can't even think of anything to compare him to, he's somewhere bellow puppets in the "uncanny valley" (the point where the realism is just at the peak of creepy). Not scary, just creepy... also I want to punch him in the face for some reason.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I wouldn't mind fighting it using my Hellfire suit for my fanfic. Not sure if I'd be using the ion cannon on the techno-organic thingy though... *starts thinking*

Nex, I'm in my second to last year of highschool. I NEED to pass otherwise my main goal in life will never be reached.

If I ever earn enough money, I'm gonna plan a trip around the world so I can visit everyone. And if I'm successful with that, I should be able to atleast say I've gone iceskating in a different country (where that'll be, I have no clue, Switzerland perhaps...maybe in Germany) I also would love to prove that I'm not a frinking hyperactive crybaby like I seem to be here online. I'm much different than that.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I wouldn't mind fighting it using my Hellfire suit for my fanfic. Not sure if I'd be using the ion cannon on the techno-organic thingy though... *starts thinking*

Nex, I'm in my second to last year of highschool. I NEED to pass otherwise my main goal in life will never be reached.

If I ever earn enough money, I'm gonna plan a trip around the world so I can visit everyone. And if I'm successful with that, I should be able to atleast say I've gone iceskating in a different country (where that'll be, I have no clue, Switzerland perhaps...maybe in Germany) I also would love to prove that I'm not a frinking hyperactive crybaby like I seem to be here online. I'm much different than that.

I'm not nearly as eloquent and socially composed as I am online. :thumbup:

It's because I'm in a very low percentile for mental processing speed (according to teh internetz' IQ charts and my given score from IEPs, in the bottom 10-20%), whereas most of my other scores are well above average with a written comprehension thingymajig (once again according to teh internetz) in the top 0.1% or so.

Due to a mental disability, I am very literally 'slow'.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I have no idea what my IQ level is. I'm smart enough to be in school, dumb enough to try and hide from everyone. Heh, wouldn't anyone who's had friends for six years be more confortable with people? I'm being honest, I've had friends for that long and still don't feel confortable around people...or jocks for that matter. Damn idiots won't leave me alone. >.< I am not even pretty (I think mather would agree with that)

Will eventually get Pics from my fanfic up on here. I want da criisizem.

School MOST of the time is not an intelligence based thing. If you study everyday and do everything you are told to be teachers you will do good. However, if you're like me and apparently a lot of other people I know, you will not study because it either A - does not cross my mind, B - I had a long day at school and I want to have some fun.

You could argue that studying would be intelligence, because you know you need a refresher and thus you study.

However, my chemistry teacher informed me a few days ago that it is not all about studying and doing good like that. I told him that I had motivational problems about the course and he recommended something I have yet to try. Which was physical exercise. Although this may sound weird he quickly became one of my favourite teachers. Perhaps it was because he understood the issue and didn't just say "Well try harder."

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I never study. If I didn't learn something the first time I read it then I won't learn it the tenth time either, I have to find a way to apply its use to my interests in order to save it in my long term memory. Sufficient to say: Laws of electronics and electromagnetics = piece of cake. Laws of reactance (AC resistance and phase distortion through inductors and capacitors) = X equals Cos-phi of WTF?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I'm no math expert, but that sounds like trigonomotry (Or however you spell that)

Only because I recognise Cos.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Could be that or physics. I'd probably bet on physics though. As we used Cos there as well. (If I'm assuming the meaning of Cos correctly, as Cosign'spelling?')

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

It is indeed trigonometry. Luckily at tests I was able to use Pythagoras's law instead and just randomly [bleep] around on the calculator until I got it right.

For some reason some values always correspond to eachother like the sides of a triangle, that's why it applies to impedance and reactance.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I think that the problem with the measuring of intelligence levels is that non-intelligent people will claim that there expertise is actually a quantative and measurable level of intelligence; for example a fisherman may claim that he is intelligent because he is a good fisher and understands things about fish that many do not and likewise an accountant may claim that he intelligent because he calculates complex mathematics.

The problem with both of those people is that they're simply doing things that have already been done, so the grasp of fishing or the grasp of mathematics isn't anything new, they're just following a formula and in many ways both are just a matter of memory and it would be very easy for me to argue that the fisherman is actually far more intelligent then the accountant - however you're reading this and I bet you're thinking that the accountant is far more intelligent.

I like to think of myself as an intelligent person, I am able to understand concepts easily and pick them out and thus I will get high marks in those subjects. I have a good memory in comparison to many of the people I have met and so can remember information easily however I have not actually thought of a concept for myself, could I still be called intelligent? The answer is no according to some and yes according to others.

qTLQRuS.png

That's one thing that's always confused me. I've always been told I'm intelligent by teachers, shrinks, what have you. Yet, I I could never do my homework in high school. I think intelligence is more of a concept. It's not actually useful unless you use it. I myself rarely ever apply my "intelligence" unless I actually enjoy what I'm doing. Call it a lack of motivation or whatever. But in the end, I know very little about the world around me for that reason.

I think this can partially apply to Resistance's theory. Knowing how things work that have been done before you doesn't measure your intelligence. But how you pick up on things, pace of learning, etc... At least I think that was the point behind your post Resistance? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I was mainly pointing that a level of memory does not really mean that you are intelligent - if we look at the accountant, he simply uses already existing maths and formulas to process numbers and does not actually think for himself. Einstein however is called a genius because he came up with his own scientific concepts and backed them up, so while I may be able to spout out the science from a text book he was creating new concepts and that is why he is considered a genius.

qTLQRuS.png

I was mainly pointing that a level of memory does not really mean that you are intelligent - if we look at the accountant, he simply uses already existing maths and formulas to process numbers and does not actually think for himself. Einstein however is called a genius because he came up with his own scientific concepts and backed them up, so while I may be able to spout out the science from a text book he was creating new concepts and that is why he is considered a genius.

hmm. I agree and disagree to an extent. It takes a level of intelligence to be able to learn said formulas. How intelligent you are may make the process faster, allow you to think ahead, etc... The accountant is a bad representation of this however. As it's just number crunching. But problem solving with already known formulas takes understanding, the ability to apply them correctly, and of course to consider all alternatives and choose the most likely route in the problem. All in all, I think it's something that we ourselves really can't say is this or that. There are just too many factors to consider when it comes to intelligence.

Lqt9R.png

In my view, having intelligence and not using it is the same as having no intelligence at all.

It's good to view everything from the lense of an employer. In a skilled job, yes, you will need intelligent people. But how is someone that isn't motivated to do their job or learn the skills required to do it any better?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

In my view, having intelligence and not using it is the same as having no intelligence at all.

It's good to view everything from the lense of an employer. In a skilled job, yes, you will need intelligent people. But how is someone that isn't motivated to do their job or learn the skills required to do it any better?

Those people shoulld stop wasting everyone's time (the employee's, the costumers, the co-workers) and find something they are actually motivated to do. and allow someone else who wants to learn and do the job have the position instead. At least, that seems the most logical reasoning to me. lol

Lqt9R.png

Yeah, exactly.

It's also rather silly to compare different forms of "intelligence", because every profession uses different skills. Who is to say that Einstein, formulating his general and special relativity (which required an extensive math background) is smarter than Darwin formulating the theory of evolution?

Personally my bias is towards Newton though, since he did all the sciency stuff AND helped "found" modern calculus.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Didn't Newton also found modern Alchemy?

Also, Newton's form of Calculus was terribly clunky...Most modern Calculus is based on Leibniz' work...Though is often attributed to Newton after an 'independant' governing body, the Royal Society in London, gave him Credit. This, of course, had nothing to do with Newton being President of the Royal Society, or head of the commitee that awarded credit to...er...Himself.

Just goes to show...its not what you know, its who you are =P

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.