The Back Room

stevepole

I devoted my life to love
and so far only two girls have had any romantic interest in me
one which I rejected because I was too busy
one that lives nowhere near Norway.
I don't really care for anything else
I basically hit the jackpot
worth just about as much to me as it appears to be worth to the ladies; nil.

Well, that is 7 things:

Devotion to love - Not a bad thing on its own.

Failure to achieve goals - Mildly bad in itself, combined with the Devotion aspect, becomes worse.

Own Fault - Not a massive thing, but combined with the previous two...

No Control - Again, not a massive thing, but combined with the first two.

Personality Void - Failed in your goals, thus you have nothing to aspire to.

Resentment - You feel you are entitled to all the things above

Failure to achieve goals 2 - You have failed to achieve, despite advantages in your favour, thus resent yourself and/or others.

You are, effectively, in a hole and rather than dealing with it in any way, you are saying you aren't in a hole and it is simply dark and wet.

I would also say that, since you have, at one time or another, annoyed everyone in the Tavern to some degree, you also are in denial about having hit the 'Jackpot'...That or you need to find someone more like you (Since those are qualities that you find attractive, or percieve to be attractive), since the qualities you have are not massively attractive.

(At least to me. Someone who is intelligent or physically buff, or both, doesn't mean anything to me...Intelligent people (such as myself) tend to be insufferable and physical buff people tend to be self-obsessed...And the thing I care about is how insufferably or self-obsessed they are, not how intelligent or strong they are.)

Or, at the very least, you aren't using those qualities effectively.

In addition to Ico:

I, unlike Nex and the other people who generally respond to the Emotional Stuff, am not overly concerned with 'fixing' you.

You will either live, change, die incidently or commit suicide.

All of which is almost totally irrelevant to me unless you happen to turn gay, develop a long term attraction to me, fix all the things that I find unattractive about you and move to within five miles of me.

Will I be upset if you stop posting(Due to death, though if you did kill yourself we wouldn't know unless you went out of your way to do it)...No.

I wasn't upset when Doom, Rocco, Ross, RPG, Sere, Paul or any of the others stopped posting.

I may have been slightly affected by it, and there were certainly times I was annoyed that they had left.

I don't overly care if you want to get emotional support, or post that you are depressed and all that stuff in the backroom...its mildly annoying to me(and others) but the backroom and forum as a whole isn't about what I or anyone else gets annoyed over.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Does anybody think that me having 4+ jobs is too much for me?

Sunday: teaching tots in Taunton, massachusetts (volunteering, no pay)

Sunday: teaching in Brockton Massachusetts after teaching in Taunton (getting paid)

Monday through Friday: babysitting my siblings (little to no pay)

Tuesday/Thursday alt. and Wednesday's: babysitting next door neighbors son (getting paid)

Year round: deviantArt requests (no pay)

Year round: annoying Mather (no pay, not exactly trying to do so either)

School year: homework/lab reports/reports (no pay)

School year: smart mathematician (I should get paid since I'm surrounded by idiots who don't do their work)

24/7/365: loving daughter/girlfriend/sister/unrelated sister/friend/best friend (paid with love and friendship)

Right, lets examine.

If you think that having 4+ jobs is too much then why are you volunteering?

The volunteering may be a good way to get a paying job at the institution presumably however it really isn't benefiting you at all if you're getting no money. If you feel your workload is too large then I suggest that you end this first. I don't really understand what you mean by 'tots' but if you mean children under five then there probably isn't that much you can teach them anyway so don't worry about leaving them, they will have a teacher soon and probably won't suffer academically: in some european countries children don't go to school till they're five.

Well, if you're getting paid then I suggest you keep this job. Teaching doesn't seem like its a heavy workload especially if you're teaching to children under 12. I know that many teachers do plan there lessons but with a bit of surfing on the internet there are quite a few resources to help you plan out your lesson.

Unless you have siblings that are under five then providing that you're in the same room as them I don't think you'll have to do anything much apart from what you usually do around the house. I also think its morally wrong to be asking for your parents to pay you to look after your siblings, they have spent a massive amount of money keeping you alive and also a massive amount of clothes and toys and other objects around the house (although thats probably my parents forcing those values upon me from birth in an effort to save money, I still think its wrong to request money for helping your family)

School shouldn't be that much of a chore, providing you spend the time on this forum revising and writing reports. Take a look at some planning methods, I can now write reports in about thirty minutes providing I have enough stimulus.

Also, if you're not enjoying Deviant Art requests stop doing them! If you enjoy drawing then draw, you shouldn't have to draw because you have to!

Grim:

1) Workload= homework every night, including weekends.

2) 4 periods that last an hour and a half, except for period 3 which is two hours long (30 minutes goes to lunch)

3) Algebra 2

4) Chemistry Collage Prep (I've been getting like 3 pages of work a night for homework)

5) Yes I have classes that require studying. Chemistry (quiz practically every day), History (quiz/test more than twice a week), and Algebra 2 (quiz every day)

6) Yes, I actually do my homework in most of my jobs. I'm also learning physics through my iceskating jobs.

Just found out that my landlord lost the apartment building that I'm currently living in. And my one of my best friends is getting married to a criminal. I nearly cried all day today. And I think my boyfriend is cheating on me. And I'm super stressed out right now, enough to the point that I managed to eat three servings of leftover mashed potatoes and about to start eating a pound of dark chocolate.

If homework isn't going towards your final grade you don't need to try so hard, instead do revision for tests - that will benefit you in the long run more.

I'm assuming college is the British equivalant to university, if so that seems reasonable enough to me. Quitting volunteering will probably get you more time, dumping your boyfriend even more time. Dump your boyfriend, you don't have time for him - get back with him later.

If your boyfriend is cheating on you that is a great excuse to dump him to get extra time for school work, please remember that you don't need a reason just claim that you don't love him anymore.

qTLQRuS.png

Res I always read your posts and think

"Huh he raises some good points, some of this would benefi- oh god did he just type that? God damn that's a little extreme. He's probably just joking."

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I do not resent myself only the situation I'm in. Heck, I think I may actually be slightly narcissistic, but not in the common way, more like Narcissus himself.

And my traits are not ill used, I do not boast of my intelligence unless it is put under doubt (though I do offer trivia during conversations) and I don't flex unless I'm asked to or I'm alone in front of a mirror. In fact I think I could actually have had more of a chance if I showcased my body a little more, however by doing that I would only seem like a guido or douche (at least to myself) something I do not wish to be as I am not self-obsessed (I am in fact pretty selfless in the way that I like to help people (apart from my parents) more than anything).

And dividing it into 7 is wrong anyways, because there's one cause, one result and one cure.

Also it bothers me slightly that it could be fixed if not for how just walking up to a girl and talking to her would be more uncomfortable to me than pulling down my pants in the middle of school (which is actually sort of tempting).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Nex: that's exactly what I mean. There will be no lovey dovey stuff. And, I think I've finally have created a character that Mather will not be able to help change.

Ico, I generally ignore what Resistance post nowadays just to avoid being banned from here.

Everyone: we need to adopt the following phrase:

Hakuna Matata!

Hakuna Matata!

What a wonderful phrase

Hakuna Matata!

Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries

For the rest of your days

It's a problem-free philosophy

Hakuna Matata!

(I'm not kidding, everyone should adopt that phrase. And yes, it's from the Lion King)

... Ahm.. No?... Yes? When is that a good thing exactly?!

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

AAAANGST.

EVERYBODY GET TO THE SHELTER, IT'S A PERFECT ANGSTSTORM. IT'S A 9.0 ON THE ANGSTOR SCALE. IT'S THE ANGSTPOCALYPSE.

Whelp, back to my raid. Pity I am essentially a spectator for 50%+ of this fight.

You know what we need Ross? You know, don't you? Come on, I'll give you a little hint:

[hide]GIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL BREAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER![/hide]

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex, stop making obscure references to things I have no idea what you're talking about... Or keep doing it. Either way.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Nex, stop making obscure references to things I have no idea what you're talking about... Or keep doing it. Either way.

This would probably be a good idea...

Usually, if you only discovered something in the last week/month/year, then you should probably explain it for other people...Or not make references to it.

Earth, Je ne sais pas! I dont know! For some reason, I was enjoying all the pain I was getting. If anyone else had done it, I'd flip out and attack (example: Mather punches me hard in the stomach (I bet I've given him plenty of reasons to do so :twss: ) I hit him back, start of fight that'll end with concussions and bruises). At worse, all my brother did was strike at my spine, which felt really good.

Mather, congratulations, you've helped find the square root of all my problems. I'll explain later.

Mather, congratulations, you've helped find the square root of all my problems. I'll explain later.

Dangit Lynx, you know that the square root of negative things are imaginary.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Really, what you need to do is watch day time TV for exactly one hour a day, per day of your problems.

As we all know a problem ignored has a tendancy to multiple.

We also know that day time TV has a value of -1 in terms of entertainment value.

Thusly:

Problems become imaginary and solutions become real.

And that is why Maths isn't applicable to real life problems :thumbsup: .

On a serious note don't watch day time TV, it actually does have an entertainment value of -1...education value of -1 as well.

Retech, the square root bit was a joke, it was supposed to make people laugh.

Anywho, my big problem is that I'm stuck babysitting my siblings against my will, which prevents me from hanging out with my friends. Also, since my siblings act more childish than me and I spend most of the time with them, it causes me to act in a childish manner similar to my siblings. If I were an only child I would probably be acting much more mature than I currently do.

Retech, the square root bit was a joke, it was supposed to make people laugh.

Anywho, my big problem is that I'm stuck babysitting my siblings against my will, which prevents me from hanging out with my friends. Also, since my siblings act more childish than me and I spend most of the time with them, it causes me to act in a childish manner similar to my siblings. If I were an only child I would probably be acting much more mature than I currently do.

Ok, this is getting old. For one, you're probably the older sibling if you're babysitting. As the older child, you have more responsibilities, especially at this age. To be "forced" to babysit your siblings isn't a [bleep]ing punishment. Shut up and do it. Stop making your parents out to be the bad guys about it. It seriously is pissing me off. All you do is [bleep] and moan about your sub par stresses in life. You don't see anyone else here (aside from Mather on occasion) whining about [cabbage]. Even then, he doesn't do it on a daily basis. If you're going to cry about every little thing in your life, do it to someone who actually cares, and do it through PMs.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

:blink:

She only ever ends up talking to Mather, who makes things worse by vast degrees.

I understand that if anyone here has the right to be pissed off about petty concerns, it's you Iey... Maybe could've been a bit less blunt about it though. :P

Not much more I can say without making assumptions about one side or another, and taking sides, so I'm just going to back out slowly now.

That aside, have you finished your first D'sS's playthrough yet Fura?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

That aside, have you finished your first D'sS's playthrough yet Fura?

Yeah, Have my one character at 120 SL for PvP purposes, almost beat NG+, but haven't yet because I want to leave 4-1 for duelling lol.

My second character, I got to lvl 60 in one night, then got bored and took a break from the game until Dark Souls comes out.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

She only ever ends up talking to Mather, who makes things worse by vast degrees.

Why yes, obviously whining is way worse than whining and mental issues. Clearly the fact that I cured her psyche made things take a horrible turn for the worse.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

cured

horrible turn for the worse.

There is defintional confusion there.

Maybe you didn't so much 'Cure' as 'Supress the symptoms without treating the underlying problem, allowing it to fester without treatment.'

*suddenly feels very small and insignificant* ouch. That one hurt.

Iey: Did it really sound like I was complaining about baby sitting? I'm not complaining, I'm just stating facts I just discovered and such (oh no, Mather has rubbed off on me :twss: )

Mind you all, any hormonal 16 year old could act in a variety of ways. Seeing how I am only 16 and going through life like anyone else... Well, at least im on the side of the scale that isnt part of the drug dealing and illegal stuffs. AND, I'm currently trying out new ways to calm the eff down. I'm trying to change who I am completely, even if it means I must resort to the quiet girl I once was. No one can change completely overnight ya know!

Also (as Mather has proven a bajillion times), people act differently online and in the real world. Absolutely no one would be able to recognize me by personality alone. My friends who know me at school know that I am a bubbly person around people I'm extremely close to. When none of my friends are around, I'm as silent as the dead in their graves. I am easily forgotten when I am that quiet. If no one believes this, I challenge you to find me and observe me. Or invent a time machine that can take you back to when I was in the first five years of schooling.

XD working on stuff for DE2, making it much different than the first one