The Back Room

stevepole

I hate republics, because then I can't become Holy Roman Emporer.

Although I played an Italy-colonial conquest game and I was a republic there, if only because I enjoyed the contrast with the monarchist Austria. (I like setting up my own massive war scenarios for myself to play and lose)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

There is no in-game reason not to be a republic (other than HRE).

Same as in Victoria once pluraity starts going up.

The only reason to stay a monarchy is that it is your dynasty on the throne.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Bah, because I'm a bit bored and feel like telling people [cabbage] that they already know I'll give some pointers.

1. If at all possible force an enemy to attack you in the mountains (a high maneuver general works well for that).

2. Tech up. An easy war is one when you have a higher level unit type than your enemy.

3. Outnumber the enemy forces (2:1 is preferable) if at all possible.

4. Infiltrate their administration. Knowledge is power, you can crush their smaller expeditionary forces before dealing with the large blobs.

5. Use choke points. You can concentrate your forces there so that they don't have a chance. Choke points in the mountains with rivers are preferable.

6. Mercenaries are awesome for blanket sieges.

7. Be opportunistic, wait until most of their forces are indisposed and then take what you can.

8. Never attack Italian forces in the mountains. It ends poorly.

EDIT: Is it just me or does the "In the arms of the maid I find solace" event always give really poor heirs?

LNYvk.png

Crusader Kings has a much simpler approach:

1. Choose a Lubeck.

2. Conquer 5 provinces.

3. Wait for previous King of Germany to die.

4. Marry the closest-to-the-king female member, in France.

6. Have her bear you a child.

7. Assassinate all heirs to the King of France, other than your own.

8. Wait for the King of France to die/Assassinate him.

9. Dominate Europe.

Other tips:

1) If your intrigue, after Chancellor Modifer, is less than 30 you are facing war with a vassal.

2) The game is set to trigger revolt events if your vassals fall below 90%, and numerous events cause it to fall by 30% or more. Ergo, revolts a plenty in a large empire.

3) Venice and Genoa...If you control them, and a string of provinces between them...you control the game. They can both field an army of 30,000.

4) Excommunication can't be reversed if you destroy the pope.

5) Piety is a load of rubbish, ignore it unless you want to be Papal Controller.

6) Being Papal Controller is rubbish unless you are a small nation trying to bring down a large nation...then it becomes a magic bullet.

7) Never take more than 3 provinces at a time.

8) Invading Britain is not hard.

People who complain about how much cats cost do not know the comedic value of a cat.

For instance, if your cat likes to jump up onto things, stack some books (2-3) there.

When the cat jumps off, the books overbalance and it does a backflip, and pulls the 'innocent' face.

Easily worth the money for catfood.

(Didn't actually plan it, she just jumped up onto some books and managed, somehow, to get her leg through a collar so looked like 'limping innocent' cat)

I'm seriously engrossed in A Game of Thrones.

My impressions:

Bran Stark- sweet boy, wish I had him for a brother.

Catelyn Stark- Not nice

Daenerys- I like her. Hate her brother.

Eddard Stark- Nice guy, he actually can think.

Jon Snow- Reminds me of someone...cant remember who....

Arya Stark- She remindes me of me.

Tyrion Lannister- I shall laugh at him some more.

Sansa Stark- DIE DAMNIT! You're like my sister!

Everyone else: I have mixed feelings for or I just don't feel like talking about.

I'm past halfway through the book. Can't wait to start book 2.

EDIT: Damnit, I swear I'm being ignored by Mather on perpose. And I'm not on long enough to annoy him anymore!

[spoiler='Got myself a new accessory:]

snapshot.png

snapshot-1.png

Retro welding goggles.

Because I'm THAT awesome![/half-irony]

Yeah, I dropped the right glass so it broke in half and I had to glue it, but the crack adds character.

You are infected. Virus...detected. You are infected. Virus...detected.

Sorry, had to. But yes, those are [bleep]ing awesome. >8D

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

British people have a harder time getting offended, Grim, stiff upper lip and 'Musten't grumble'.

So our papers need to be far more hatefilled to get the same responce.

Though the responce lasts serveral days longer.

Cats are cheap, the problem is that people pamper them. Cats don't need a furry pink house, a little blue hat, paw shoes or even cat food, the only cost involved in having a cat is the potential risk of them getting diseases and in that case you can take them to the vets.

Cats are good at looking after themselves and can find food for themselves, especially if you live in a rural or semi-rural area. If the cat appears hungry then some leftover meat from whatever your last meal was will certainly be more then enough, they will of course need to be fed milk if they're a kitten but once a cat is of age they don't need to sit around doing nothing.

qTLQRuS.png

Cats are cheap, the problem is that people pamper them. Cats don't need a furry pink house, a little blue hat, paw shoes or even cat food, the only cost involved in having a cat is the potential risk of them getting diseases and in that case you can take them to the vets.

Cats are good at looking after themselves and can find food for themselves, especially if you live in a rural or semi-rural area. If the cat appears hungry then some leftover meat from whatever your last meal was will certainly be more then enough, they will of course need to be fed milk if they're a kitten but once a cat is of age they don't need to sit around doing nothing.

Wow, remind me not to give you a pet cat. You don't make a pet fend for itself. :/

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Wow, remind me not to give you a pet cat. You don't make a pet fend for itself. :/

Agreed

You also miss the ENTIRE POINT of having a pet if you just buy it and not even look after it.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Why take them to the vet? Surely you could just send it out to scavange for kittens, new cat every few weeks.

Or, get a female cat. It has kittens after a few years. Stop feeding the old cat, move on to the kittens...and if they are female you never have to buy a new cat again. :rolleyes:

More significantly cats are scavangers, so if you aren't feeding them they will go looking for food elsewhere, for example, someonelse's house.

Then you need to hire a lawyer to get the cat back, which costs far more than the food to feed the cat.

So ultimately your plan to save money wouldn't work...

I have finally met my match at annoying.

[hide= SPOILER: DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE STILL PLAYING PORTAL 2!]

[/hide]

I wonder if this'll happen if I actually acheive a sugar rush? Gonna have to do a spoof of this :twss:

snapshot.png

snapshot-1.png

Retro welding goggles.

Yeah, I dropped the right glass so it broke in half and I had to glue it, but the crack adds character.

You are infected. Virus...detected. You are infected. Virus...detected.

Sorry, had to. But yes, those are [bleep]ing awesome. >8D

I was instantly reminded of this

snapshot.png

snapshot-1.png

Retro welding goggles.

Pretty badass.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I want a pair so I can cosplay.

Shows/movies I'm planning to costly from:

Naruto (probably as hinata)

Bleach (not sure who yet)

Oran highschool host club (probably haruhi, maybe one if the twins)

xxxHOLiC (the brownhaired chicky that Watanuki likes)

Black Butler (the possibilities for this one is endless)

Tsubasa: Resivoir Chronicles (probably as Syaoran XD)

Cardcaptor Sakura (defiantly as Syaoran)

Lucky Star (perhaps as Konata, perhaps someone else)

School Rumble (as Tenma, the main female in the series)

Sailor Moon (might play as my OC Obsidian)

I better stop there. If I ever go to a ComicCon, I'll be going as Karkat or Jade.

I better stop there. If I ever go to a ComicCon, I'll be going as Karkat or Jade.

Don't do it. There's almost no such thing as a good cosplayer.

I remember Iey saying something about it in the past... If you really want to do it, I suggest you get some advice from her or whoever.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Don't do it. There's almost no such thing as a good cosplayer.

I remember Iey saying something about it in the past... If you really want to do it, I suggest you get some advice from her or whoever.

When it comes to cosplay, if you want to look any bit decent with it, it's going to cost you A LOT of money. And I mean A LOT of money. Although, some of the simpler things (such as Sailor Moon) won't cost you much at all. But for a great deal of cosplay out there, it requires a hell of a lot of investment. Although, a bunch of the animes you mentioned really only require a uniform and maybe a wig. Sooo, you could probably pull it off if you got a decent quality get up.

Lqt9R.png

You have to actually look like the character you're cosplaying as for it to be a good cosplay, an accurate costume can't correct the looks of the cosplayer.

[hide='Bad cosplay]Why.%20For%20the%20love%20of%20god%2C%20why..png[/hide]

You don't look like Jade and although it wouldn't be quite as bad as my example there, it wouldn't be a good cosplay either. I think you might actually find yourself more suitable as a Rose.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You have to actually look like the character you're cosplaying as for it to be a good cosplay, an accurate costume can't correct the looks of the cosplayer.

You don't look like Jade and although it wouldn't be quite as bad as my example there, it wouldn't be a good cosplay either. I think you might actually find yourself more suitable as a Rose.

This is also quite true. lol

There's so much that goes into good cosplaying that it's rather difficult to explain all the different aspects of it in a nice and short manner. >.<

Lqt9R.png

I already knew about the costs and other information. I have a friend who has been telling me all about it >_>

Mather... WTF?! Why the heck would you tell someone who you deemed as emotionally and mentally unstable that they would be better at cosplaying as someone who is 2000 times more creepier than Mascots? I naturally can be as bubbly as Jade! You ahold know that!

Come to think of it, complying is pretty much like dressing up on halloween. I'm never going to be Jigsaw ever again. In fact, I'll never wear a mask that covers my entire head ever again.

XD finished work for the day! I'm awesome at my job!

That.... that is probably the worst Equius cosplay I have ever seen. Then again, most of the people who read Homestuck probably wouldn't be capable of a good Equius cosplay, as they're mostly women, internet junkies who aren't STRONG enough to make it work, or other people who probably don't have too much interest in cosplay.

a70c7.png

I fall within the third though I am tempted to try, because I actually look somewhat like him and I am STRONG*.

*Not quite that strong, but above the average jock.

Also I have seen some that have really pulled him off, I just couldn't find any.

Though the majority of the really good cosplayers are Vriskas.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1