The Back Room

stevepole

Man, Puella Magi really is an f'd up show. The main cast is a bunch of little girls with colorful hair, then by episode four we get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HIoCUgyCaE&feature=related

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Man, Puella Magi really is an f'd up show. The main cast is a bunch of little girls with colorful hair, then by episode four we get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HIoCUgyCaE&feature=related

Well it's a deconstruction of the magic girl genre. It is like that because it is showing how the genre really kind of is or should be.

Was a good anime with a bad end. The main thing I like is that unlike the magic girl genre (possibly a subversion of this common convention in magic girl animes) is that the characters don't really have plot armor.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Damn bots... Or Hex, one of the two. :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Does anybody think that me having 4+ jobs is too much for me?

Sunday: teaching tots in Taunton, massachusetts (volunteering, no pay)

Sunday: teaching in Brockton Massachusetts after teaching in Taunton (getting paid)

Monday through Friday: babysitting my siblings (little to no pay)

Tuesday/Thursday alt. and Wednesday's: babysitting next door neighbors son (getting paid)

Year round: deviantArt requests (no pay)

Year round: annoying Mather (no pay, not exactly trying to do so either)

School year: homework/lab reports/reports (no pay)

School year: smart mathematician (I should get paid since I'm surrounded by idiots who don't do their work)

24/7/365: loving daughter/girlfriend/sister/unrelated sister/friend/best friend (paid with love and friendship)

I think the term "Mathematician" is being used loosely here.

There are a lot of brilliant people that I've met at math competitions (Like people smart enough to win, it was hard enough for me just to get in) and I wouldn't hasten to call them mathematicians either, because they are using creative thinking to solve problems that have already been solved hundreds of times before.

Mathematicians, like other scientists, discover or figure out new things. But to answer the question, four mostly part time jobs is probably okay, if you're not stressed out about stuff.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Does anybody think that me having 4+ jobs is too much for me?

Sunday: teaching tots in Taunton, massachusetts (volunteering, no pay)

Sunday: teaching in Brockton Massachusetts after teaching in Taunton (getting paid)

Monday through Friday: babysitting my siblings (little to no pay)

Tuesday/Thursday alt. and Wednesday's: babysitting next door neighbors son (getting paid)

Year round: deviantArt requests (no pay)

Year round: annoying Mather (no pay, not exactly trying to do so either)

School year: homework/lab reports/reports (no pay)

School year: smart mathematician (I should get paid since I'm surrounded by idiots who don't do their work)

24/7/365: loving daughter/girlfriend/sister/unrelated sister/friend/best friend (paid with love and friendship)

Depends, what kind of workload do you have for school? How many periods do you have? What level of math are you in (Algebra II/Trig has a lower workload than say calc AB), what science class are you in (because if you're complaining about the labs in non AP chemistry...), do you have any classes that require studying (example: AP Biology, APUSH, Calc, Physics, etc.), can you do your homework in any of these jobs?

LNYvk.png

Grim:

1) Workload= homework every night, including weekends.

2) 4 periods that last an hour and a half, except for period 3 which is two hours long (30 minutes goes to lunch)

3) Algebra 2

4) Chemistry Collage Prep (I've been getting like 3 pages of work a night for homework)

5) Yes I have classes that require studying. Chemistry (quiz practically every day), History (quiz/test more than twice a week), and Algebra 2 (quiz every day)

6) Yes, I actually do my homework in most of my jobs. I'm also learning physics through my iceskating jobs.

Retech: Yes, I was loosely using Mathmatician. I can't help it since I am once again at the top of my class.

Just found out that my landlord lost the apartment building that I'm currently living in. And my one of my best friends is getting married to a criminal. I nearly cried all day today. And I think my boyfriend is cheating on me. And I'm super stressed out right now, enough to the point that I managed to eat three servings of leftover mashed potatoes and about to start eating a pound of dark chocolate.

If you're in college, I'd strongly advise against working during the school year, but seeing that you have an apartment, you may not have much of a choice.

Still, damaging your GPA because you have trouble finding time to study/turn in assignments on time due to your job isn't worth it if you don't absolutely HAVE to work. If you can, work during the summer.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I'm so glad my only problems are emotiona-

...If you need me I'll just be sitting here quietly, blinking rapidly and tearing up as I once again convince myself that I have a reason not to kill myself...

Stop being so...

n4jixg.jpg

Mel'odramatic.

*Puts on sunglasses*

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seriously though, I don't get how someone like you would ever kill themselves. So stop thinking you're going to, you know you like living. You just play up the weight of silly little things.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I need alot of hugs right now. And I won't get any. I feel terrible. I need to draw out a picture to show how bad I'm feeling.

You know what you need? Spiral Energy. Spiral Energy solves everything.

anime-65839.jpeg

I'd probably be willing to hug you if I was within hugging distance... Though I generally don't like hugging.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

/me doesn't know what spiral energy is

Nex, if you knew why I feel terrible then you'd think "no hugs for you, you brought this upon yourself"

What is it then? I've probably forgiven people for worse. <_<

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Spiral energy as in Spiral knights Nex? If so, bad. Bad.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Mask, thank you, I really needed that. I feel slightly better than yesterday.

Yeah, if there is gonna be a DE2, I'm going to rule out most of the extra long lovey dovey stuff.

Wait, seriously? You guys actualy want that?

Spiral energy as in Spiral knights Nex? If so, bad. Bad.

[hide]SHAME ON YOU, SHAME.

SPIRAL ENERGY AS IN FIGHTING SPIRIT! LOVE! PERSEVERANCE! THE HUMAN SOUL!

56688-bigthumbnail.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxX3JkGHmDI&feature=related&autoplay=1[/hide]

Mask, thank you, I really needed that. I feel slightly better than yesterday.

Yeah, if there is gonna be a DE2, I'm going to rule out most of the extra long lovey dovey stuff.

Wait, seriously? You guys actualy want that?

DE2, yes. LOVEY DOVEY STUFF NO.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

We should change the tag of The Backroom to Emotional Support Helpline.

Although:

Seriously though, I don't get how someone like you would ever kill themselves. So stop thinking you're going to, you know you like living. You just play up the weight of silly little things.

Doesn't really help matters.

Telling a suicidal person that you don't understand why they want to kill themselves is like telling a (female) feminist that you don't understand why she doesn't make you a sandwich.

Suicidal thoughts tend to be the result of lots of individual thoughts, which, on their own don't amount to anything much, but together they can make life seem pointless and unneccessary.

Alternatively they can make it seem that there will be a period of suffering which cannot be resolved, or has not been resolved for a long time and thus is unlikely to be resolved in the near future, and thus suicide offers a way to avoid that suffering.

Also situations in which you don't have any real control over things, or you think you don't in any event.

[hide]

For example:

Most of us would probably consider suicide as preferable if we were kidnapped by Dr Mengele, kept in a camp, watched our fellow inmates getting sewn together, then killed when the experiment was completed.

Simple reason is that you have a choice between dying painfully or dying quickly. (Also issues of control, but that is largely beside the point)

When people get emotional they tend to block out the intervening years and simple see themselves dying of old age, 40-80 years from now, still feeling gut wrenchingly terrible.

[/hide]

At any rate:

It is sometimes better to sympathise instead of trying to understand.

~ Pierre Lecompte de Nouy

On an unrelated note I have finally figured out most of how the internet works now.

Between the hours of 8 am (may be subject to revision) and 11 pm, I have between 5 and 100 kbps...usually tending towards 15.

Between the hours of 11 pm and 8 am(again, may be subject to revision) I have between 4 and 8 Mbps...usually tending towards 5.

I would assume it was the local internet exchange giving preferential service to the University, or it could be a deal struck with the service provider by the landlord. Will probably find out on the third.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Requesting thread title change, The Back "Emo" Room. lol

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

There's nothing not to understand, there's no small things that all add up. I devoted my life to love and so far only two girls have had any romantic interest in me, one which I rejected because I was too busy worshiping a lesbian-to-be and one that lives nowhere near Norway. I don't really care for anything else and the only reason I get by on a day-to-day basis is games and webcomics. I know I basically hit the jackpot with my brains and physique and that I have a tendency to look marvelous in photos but that is worth just about as much to me as it appears to be worth to the ladies; nil.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I agree with Archi and Iey... The amount of emotional turmoil in the room is reaching the point where I will come on here and just see depressing posts about how life is apparently unfair and what not.

All though it's all just teen angst. (Which itself is rather ironic in my opinion as most teenagers believe themselves to be unique when they all apparently have the same problems)

Referencing the post above mine (Mather's, incase someone posts in between this)

I hear desperation can actually be a pheromone that people can smell. Furthermore people tend to want things they can't have, so if you're giving your all to a girl she probably wont care much for you~. (Although then again the opposite of this is being as [wagon], and as people always complain they get the girls, I wonder why it works)

Also living your life to just play video games and webcomics is a bit... wasteful... Sorry to say man but if you become a NEET I actually believe you shouldn't even recieve basic human rights. My opinion though. Although you're not a NEET, you could easily become one with that attitude.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?