The Back Room

stevepole

Person A(Me) posts something.

Person B(Retech) posts something belittling about Person A's thing.

Person A(Me) posts something belittling the belittlement.

Person B(Retech) doesn't post.

Person C(Sephi) posts, implying person B is shamed into not posting.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I was eating and crushing Europe beneath the heels of Austrian boots! (After playing smaller countries, it seems much easier to play as a warmongerer with a decently large state).

America is a multi-cultural state, meaning that it can take in a small amount of immigrants and take credit for all of the world's accomplishments. And Great Britain wasn't even around in 1689.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Errr...Not that I, in any way, consider the education system in America to be sub par...

But:

Great Britain has existed for thousands, if not millions of years...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_of_Great_Britain

The United States of America, in its current form, by comparison, has existed for a scant

52 years, 12 days, 59 minutes, 37 seconds

(Date Hawaii was accepted into the Union, thus marking the 'New' United States)

So, ummm... yeah.

As for your claim of multi-culturalism...Pretty sure people actually have to be considered citizens of a country before you can take credit for their achievements.

No, I knew what you guys were talking about. I was just trying to figure out if Seraphi was Ross... Wouldn't be surprised if that was true.

<_< I have to redo a picture I did. Great.

AND WHY IS EVERYONE TREATING ME LIKE A LESSER BEING?! It's not fair! I get it bad enough at home, and now im being treated like a lesser being here.

No, I knew what you guys were talking about. I was just trying to figure out if Seraphi was Ross... Wouldn't be surprised if that was true.

<_< I have to redo a picture I did. Great.

AND WHY IS EVERYONE TREATING ME LIKE A LESSER BEING?! It's not fair! I get it bad enough at home, and now im being treated like a lesser being here.

Why in god's name do you keep saying that, Lei? <_<

No one here is treating you badly in the least.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Unfortunately, your link to information is for a less than reliable source. You see, it can be edited anyone, such as unreliable people like non-Americans.

As the most powerful and more awesome nation, America's (and thus, the only correct and acceptable view) perception is that Great Britain *ahem* is a -semicohesive state that can be barely called a country. We act as its steward because we enjoy a lasting reminder that our pseudo-Democratic "people's power" republic continues onwards into the next century, while the dying "nation" of Britain clings onto the rock that is slowly sinking into the sea.

No need to thank me. You're welcome.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

As the most powerful and more awesome nation, America's (and thus, the only correct and acceptable view) perception is that Great Britain *ahem* is a -semicohesive state that can be barely called a country. We act as its steward because we enjoy a lasting reminder that our pseudo-Democratic "people's power" republic continues onwards into the next century, while the dying "nation" of Britain clings onto the rock that is slowly sinking into the sea.
Errr...Not that I, in any way, consider the education system in America to be sub par...

That's just lazy. :P

while the dying "nation" of Britain clings onto the rock that is slowly sinking into the sea.

Actually, the maximum rate of erosion on the British coastline is 1.5m/year, and this is only reached in a very small fraction of the nation. If this were uniform around the entire coast, it would still take upward of 50,000 years, but it is nowhere near uniform, with less than 28% of the coastline eroding at a rate higher than 10cm per year. Rough estimates place the remaining time the British Isles has above sea level to be upwards of a million years, so I would argue that Britain isn't really sinking at all.

Plus, Britain has castles, and that automatically blows anything America can throw at us out of the water. How does it feel to only have 150 or so years of documented history?

2Xeo5.png

America blows, Britain rocks.

You guys owe a lot to us.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

That's just lazy.

You want the lazy?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LAZY!!!

1984-behind-schedule.jpg

so I would argue that Britain isn't really sinking at all.

[hide]

JZ5CC.png

[/hide]

Pssh, if the Germans colonized and gave us their language, we'd actually have some good opera flying around.

Also, this reminds me of an old Italian proverb.

"Better to live one day as a lion than one hundred years as a sheep."

To bring this back to the topic at hand...

Pssh, if the Germans colonized and gave us their language, we'd actually have some good opera flying around.

You would also have some nice music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WachC7CN0Y&feature=related

More legitimately:

For 500 years after the Roman Empire fell, the Britons of the south and east of the island were assimilated or displaced by invading Germanic tribes (Angles, Saxons, and Jutes, often referred to collectively as Anglo-Saxons)

So you were colonised by Germans...

I agree with ico. I HATE AMERICA.

I have nothing against Americans as people, but the government is terrible.

If I could, I'd move out of the country, but, alas, I would have no other place to call home.

The English term Germans has referred to the German-speaking population of the Holy Roman Empire since the Late Middle Ages.[5]

The English term Germans has referred to the German-speaking population of the Holy Roman Empire since the Late Middle Ages.[5]

Psht, 5 people support your idea....Thats not even how history works! History is a record of factual events which happened, or are supposed to have happened, supported by the overwhelming evidence provided...Not by an Oligarchic voting system in which only 5 people get to vote.

The Germanic peoples (also called Teutonic in older literature) are a historical ethno-linguistic group, originating in Northern Europe and identified by their use of the Indo-European Germanic languages, which diversified out of Common Germanic in the course of the Pre-Roman Iron Age. The descendants of these peoples became, and in many areas contributed to, ethnic groups in North Western Europe: Scandinavians (Danes, Swedes, Norwegians, Icelanders, and Faroe Islanders, but not Finns and Sami), Germans (including Austrians, German-speaking Swiss, and other ethnic Germans), Dutch, Flemish, and English, among others.

England, the constitutent part of America, is named after the Peninsula of Angeln, in northern Germany...Where the Germanic people known as the Angles came from.

Ergo, your argument is pure semantics, another example of the American Education system, which I, in no way, find sub-par.

Dark Souls.

Now THAT looks fun. And maddeningly difficult.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I just found out my body's reaction to an extreme excess of sugar, rather than overclocking my mind and making me hyper or falling pray to a slow metabolism and make me fat, the veins in my eyes dilate, while under usual circumstances the events that cause this often also cause blurred vision, mine is now sharpened somewhat, even though I already have perfect eyesight.

I've eaten about 200-300 grams of almost pure sugar btw.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mather, much as we know you enjoy using yourself as a test subject, please try not to experiment quite so much.

And we don't really have any reason to hear about it either, do we? I mean, it's of interest to you, but we don't really care save to prevent you from hurting yourself.

RIP Dawngate ;-;