Moderator Trainee Recruitment Drive 2012! - APPLICATIONS CLOSED

The idea of moderating the Runescape Boards terrifies me. Good luck to whoever gets the job. I'm sure you'll do a good job.

As for myself, I'm giving this one a pass.

Figured that I'd reply to this since I imagine that this feeling might dissuade a lot of people. Heck, I'm still pretty nervous whenever I'm replying to a report. icon_razz.gif

All the mods are in constant communication and if you have a question about what to do with a certain topic, you can ask for a second opinion. Everyone does this, from the lowliest noobs to the veteran super mods. I don't think a day has gone by where one of us haven't asked another mod for their opinion on what to do. We all have our areas of forum and in game knowledge, so if you aren't familiar with

1. the finer points of AHK
  2. whether a user is just trolling or being noobishly sincere
  3. what is the best slayer gear
  4. a certain post that vaguely breaks the rules
  5. whether or not a topic should be moved to rants or deleted

chances are there is another mod online that can help you.

Don't let the fear of messing up stop you from applying.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

i joined at the worst time....i dont wanna spam forums to get 150 posts v.v....guess ill have to wait :c

Oizi.png

545454d.png

-- 98 magic -- 96 strength -- 88 fishing --

Current Goals in RS

1)Quest cape

2)99 fishing

3)70 summoning

i joined at the worst time....i dont wanna spam forums to get 150 posts v.v....guess ill have to wait :c

Lately we've been holding recruitment drives for the different staff sections (crew, mod, TMHT, editorial panel) a couple of times a year between all of them. So while you may not make the post requirements now, if you're an active and helpful user there's always a chance of another recruitment drive happening at a later date that you can apply for. All of the teams are also always on the lookout for users to nominate & invite as well so there's always a chance of being brought onto one of the teams anytime throughout the year. :)

Good luck to all

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Don't let the fear of messing up stop you from applying.

Sometimes some people haven't exactly been giving off a friendly aura or aren't in the right mind to do this role, I know I for one am one of those which is why I'm giving it a miss this year. As long as I'm still a few screws loose in my head last thing I'd want is to hire me.

Also, and I mean no disrespect Paul, but for some users who have been here for a loooong time, we've left our stains on the forums of bad behaviour, and we feel like because of that, we've permanently made the mark of being "a bad user". (ignoring Das' User>Banned>Admin thing)

Still, good luck to those, don't let it be a discouragement. :thumbsup:

And remember:

Purple>Green. <3

Popoto.~<3

Good Luck to everyone who applys :thumbsup:

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Would apply, but I'm just not that active in the RS side of things... We'll see how busy I am in a year though. :wink:

Good luck all.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

For how many forums can you apply for a position and in what order are you allowed to moderate ?

For example: H&A, Gen Guides, Gen discussion. I'd be allowed to moderate in that specific order?

Might consider joining if everything turns out ok with uni.

For how many forums can you apply for a position and in what order are you allowed to moderate ?

For example: H&A, Gen Guides, Gen discussion. I'd be allowed to moderate in that specific order?

Might consider joining if everything turns out ok with uni.

As a new moderator you will be allowed to select two boards to moderate, in addition to a few that are given by default (General Discussion, Off-Topic, and the Marketplace). If you do a good job after a few weeks, you may be considered for a promotion to a Global Moderator position, where you will have moderator powers in all public forums.

I'm not sure what you mean about the order though :ohnoes:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Well I knew about the moderator business(2 forums you're allowed to do). Didn't know some come as default. Thought you're limited to just 2 (the ones you pick).

Off-Topic, Marketplace and General Discussion are given by default because they are (well Off-Topic and Marketplace were some time ago, less these days) the most active boards on the forum. However, new moderators are not obligated to moderate there if they don't feel comfortable. The only places they're 'obligated' to moderate as a new moderator are the two boards that they select themselves :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Good luck any and all applicants.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Good luck to all applicants! Get 'em in before it's too late!

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

The deadline has passed and applications are now closed. The Tip.It Admin and Moderator teams are going to finish reviewing the applications. Everyone will be notified whether they've been accepted or rejected. It will be at minimum 1-2 weeks before the new moderators are announced since we have to actually pick them, then they have to go through a bit of training :)

Thanks to everyone who applied! If you didn't make it, there's always next time ;)

Posted Image