Tip.It Live Chat - Come check it out!

spling

Hey TIF,

Tip.It has a Live Chat link at the top of the Forums. I am posting this because I want more people to come and check it out and participate. The chat has been around for many years, and used to be a very active place with lots of people chatting and using it. Unfortunately it has been on the decline recently. I hope that some people will see this post and decide to come check it out (and keep coming back.)

We need more people to chat with! Come tell us about your latest adventures in RuneScape, your frustrations with your current quest, the noob who won't stop spamming the song that never ends, or anything else you can think of to chat about. The channel isn't limited to RuneScape only. The chat room can be a very rewarding experience if you stick around and actually talk to people. Sometimes it can take a little while for someone to respond, but when there are active people in it, Live Chat is one of the most engaging ways to communicate with other people in the community.

Part of the reason that the IRC chat is so special is because you actually get to have 1 on 1 conversations with the staff of the site. There isn't as much staff presence as there used to be in #runescape as there used to be, and I'm really hoping that this nudge will get some more people interested, including Tip.It staffers who haven't given it a try.

There is a simple java chat client up on the forums, but I would suggest anyone serious about being active in the chat community should look at a real IRC client like mIRC or xchat. These clients really do make IRC a fun and easy thing to participate in!

(Java not workin' out for you? Try Mibbit: http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23runescape&server=irc.tip.it)

Server Info:

Server: irc.tip.it

Channel: #runescape

Check out

RuneScript and RuneTracker!

sig37.gif

It killed my chrome yo

idem.

It also said this:

Error : Closing Link: Gradeskip93[my IP here] (User ahs been banned from Tip.It (Address is blacklisted as a proxy or malicious host. If you feel incorrect please submit this message and an explaination at http://forum.tip.it/account_problem.php))
Disconnected from irc.tip.it

Haha retyping all this was fun but... wut? :blink:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I get this..

Yes I did accept the warning..

-snip-

Click no on it next time.

To clarify, you need to allow the applet to run, then when it says "Block unsafe communications" you hit no. The applet itself is safe and the message windows throws up is just routine UAC crap. Or if you don't feel comfortable with that, you can use Mibbit, connect without an account, and in the server field put irc.tip.it.

hzvjpwS.gif

How do i resolve the issue ive i get the error. It doesnt give me the option to click yes/no anymore

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Wait a few mins then try again Merc

Was nice to catch up with some of the reg chatter in there yesterday :thumbsup:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Judging by this thread it is so quiet because a good 75% on users can't get it to load due to various errors

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Judging by this thread it is so quiet because a good 75% on users can't get it to load due to various errors

It's always been quiet.

Which begs the question of if these errors and issues with entry have existed all this time and gone unfixed for whatever reason.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's always been quiet.

Which begs the question of if these errors and issues with entry have existed all this time and gone unfixed for whatever reason.

There aren't any errors with the client and there's nothing to "fix". It's Win7's UAC being overprotective. But to indulge your line of thinking, a few years ago (before the second screen issue started/before win7 came out) it was still that quiet. So I disagree with your take on the situation.

hzvjpwS.gif

What server is this on and what channel? I don't like fishy java based clients.

irc.tip.it #runescape

(I seriously wonder why this information isnt included in first post, shame on you spling :) )

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

It's always been quiet.

There aren't any errors with the client and there's nothing to "fix". It's Win7's UAC being overprotective. But to indulge your line of thinking, a few years ago (before the second screen issue started/before win7 came out) it was still that quiet. So I disagree with your take on the situation.

UAC certainly isn't an issue to 'fix' in the conventional sense but there's always the possibility of a clearer instruction to deal with it so that less tech savvy people are not flumoxed by it. Plus the UAC related error wasn't the only one posted in the thread so far which is where my questioning arose from, plus I assumed Vista UAC would've caused same issue as Win 7 since they have similar flaws which would make that issue a much longer standing one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The chat hasn't always been quiet. A few years back there were upwards of 60-70, sometimes 80+ people frequenting the chat during all hours of the day. I have chat logs from almost 5 years back where there is never more than a couple of seconds of idle time between talking.

I miss the #runescape chat. They were my oldest online friends. I'm still in there most of the time, but people rarely say anything now.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I'm glad to see some people actually noticed this topic and came to check it out. Sorry I missed you Sluggy, Ami, and Merc! :o

I'll edit my post to include the Server/Channel info as well for those who already use a real IRC client. Sucks that so many people are having problems with that Java one.. You can also try out Gogloom's client but there's all sorts of security popups on it, so you have to kinda read carefully, it's not "yes to all." http://www.gogloom.com/client2/index2?mainCHAT=1&network=Tip&channel=%23runescape

Edit: Another great alternative (and much easier) is Mibbit: http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23runescape&server=irc.tip.it

Check out

RuneScript and RuneTracker!

sig37.gif