Poll - Who wants a new very hard quest?

Biabf

Out of intrested, Would you like a new quest like desert treasure? Where you have to kill bosses to obtain items which add up at the end? One were you can unlock a brand new part of the game like desert treasure does (Ancient Magiks)? Yes or No please... Thanks

sig5235ro7.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to have a hard quest that was more hard and less focusing on levels. That sheep quest is a good example. Its fun and does not require wierd stats that a lot of people like me seldom use. However the reward should be better that the sheep quest. This is just a suggestion that i would love to see.

id like something on par with the fight caves and fire cape in a quest-ish format, something that might actually test me :S, unlike desert treasure for example.

I'm with him, in fact i'm in the caves now for the first time... not really expecting to win though, lol, just to seel him.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

No, please not.

New very hard quests always need to have a good reward. If the quest is very hard, like desert treasure, the reward will also be very good. And that's to me the entire problem. I don't want to do quests so that i can unlock certain items, skills or runescape locations (like underground pass, legends, hero's, lost city etc.).

I want to do the quest because i can possibly enjoy a bit of RPG and story telling. If the quest is very hard, i'll only try do it for the reward, probably using a quest guide to speed up the proces and generally making it no fun to do. And quests should be fun.

phata_elise.png

id like a hard quest with a random generator for a few different quests, so not everyone has the same one, with the same rewards. maybe a quest where you choose how much you want to work, then you get a better reward. just a new hardest quest for us would be nice
Yeah, a quest which is hard to make a guide with... That would be funny...
sig5235ro7.jpg

I wouldnt mind it, a nice challanging quest with a good reward might make me play rs a little again.

But then again, if deasure treasure and monkey madness are jagex ideas of hard quests...

I was worried about doing DT caz everyone said it was so hard, when i finally did it, th quest was a joke, I was rather disappointed.

I know my combat stats are decently high, So i dont expect jagex to ever come out with a quest that is challanging for people lvl 110+. but it would be nice.

The only thing that looks challanging to me, is the fire cape. But I have yet to try it because i dont have the time to sit on rs for 2-3 hours straight :? but thats actually does look quiet challanging.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

I'd love to see a new super hard quest. At least 4 times harder than Desert Treasure, and impossible to use a guide.

I don't think if a new quest were 4 times harder than desert treasure anybody would be able to do it... I'm level 91, I just completed DT yesterday, and I almost died on ever single boss, and I even died once on the ice one (no big losses, fortunatly) :? Some people find DT easy, but if there were a quest four times harder, I think even the level 120+s would have a hell of a time with it.

I personally would like to see a quest that uncovers some more history behind armydel, and how Sardomin became the god of good instead of him. Mabye it will be along the same lines as Desert Treasue, mabye a bit harder than that, and featuring a new set of spells that are defensive instead of offensive (eg; healing spells, some spells that mabye boost your combat stats, and mabye even some poison cures, and possibly immunity spells that make you temporarily immune to being frozen, or being poisoned).

i agree, i want a new quest for something... maybe like a play off of the grand tree? i had lots of fun doing that quest, and it was hella long and challenging to me. new rewards such as like a new melee weapon witha new special or something like that. i dunno, but a new harder quest sounds alright to me

"Ive always tried to kill the greatest man alive, but then I finally realize that suicide is not the answer"

QsBillabong

I'd love something similar to desert treasure with a huge temple that surpasses the temple of light in difficulty (both in puzzles and in foe)

Maybe a temple of darkness?

Also...it would have a boss that require multiple stages to kill and was combat lvl 200+

I'd love something similar to desert treasure with a huge temple that surpasses the temple of light in difficulty (both in puzzles and in foe)

Maybe a temple of darkness?

Also...it would have a boss that require multiple stages to kill and was combat lvl 200+

Good idea, mabye that's where the blood altar could be, too?

id like something on par with the fight caves and fire cape in a quest-ish format, something that might actually test me :S, unlike desert treasure for example.

Bad idea, if somthing like the fight caves were in quest format, then Jagex wouldn't give you the luxury of keeping your items if you fail. And if you do fail, there goes your guthans and whatever else you were carrying. If somthing like that were released, the reward better be damn good :wink:

Don't forget ME2... or did you all use guides?

Imo, it would be nice to see a quest like legends with a lot of skill and quest requirements

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

i agree, i want a new quest for something... maybe like a play off of the grand tree? i had lots of fun doing that quest, and it was hella long and challenging to me. new rewards such as like a new melee weapon witha new special or something like that. i dunno, but a new harder quest sounds alright to me

*Cough*Monkey Madness is all those things and more*cough*

Its a spinoff of Grand Tree, very long and challenging, and gives a new melee weapon with a new special :).

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I'd like a hard quest that you have to think about. Not one where high levels will make you breeze through, because any dumb shmuck with too much time can get high levels (not wanting to insult people with high levels who aren't dumb shmucks). Not one where a quest guide will make it easy.

Something with a vary random element, which good logic will help you overcome. Maybe a play on the Twelve Tasks of Hercules, with a mixture of logic, lateral thinking and skills. That would be a good quest.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!