9-5-2012: MCM: More Info

Pirkka

With only a few weeks to go until MCM London, we can now reveal a bit more information about what you can expect to see on the RuneScape stand!

The first thing you will notice about the RuneScape stand is that we have a very central location so there is no excuse not to stop by and say hi! The stand will be staffed all weekend by J-Mods ready to chat to you, whether you are an experienced RuneScape vet, new to the game, or just interested in finding out a bit more about the team behind the worlds largest free MMO.

Throughout the weekend we will have a RuneScape artist on hand working on beautiful concepts, and they will be more than happy to sign prints of their work which will be for sale on the stand.

Well also be showcasing RuneScape on large screens mixing it up between RuneScape videos, live concept artist work and Scapers playing live at the event. The main area of the stand will be dedicated to the most important thing playing RuneScape! Take a few minutes out from the hustle and bustle of the event by sitting down with us and playing a little RuneScape. You never know - a friendly J-Mod may even look over your shoulder and offer some top tips!

MCM is a massive CosPlay event, so well also be on the look-out for people in RuneScape costumes Anyone showing up at the stand in costume is certain of a freebie , and if you really impress us well dig deep and give you something pretty special!

If all that wasnt enough, remember that RuneScape will also be on the special panels running on the Sunday. The panel team will be in the spotlight at 11am and they will be encouraging the audience to become part of RuneScape history and make crowd sounds that we plan to feature in the game later this year.

Since announcing that we would be at MCM weve received a huge number of enquiries to our MCM mail box asking for details of the special deals that we will be offering at the show. We can now confirm that well have deluxe membership packs on sale at special MCM prices.

Well only be able to accept payments in cash or by major credit card (excluding American Express) for these bargain packs, so come prepared if you want to bag one of these special deals:

Starter Pack (£5)

1 month RuneScape Membership

1 Vanity Item: Green Skin

10 Spins on the Squeal of Fortune

10% XP boost for 24 hours of game time

Discount on Concept Art from us at MCM

Premium Pack (£20)

3 months RuneScape Membership

2 Vanity Items: Green Skin and Ornate Katana

25 Spins on the Squeal of Fortune

10% XP Boost for 3 days of game time

Discount on Concept Art from us at MCM

Deluxe Pack (£50)

6 months RuneScape Membership

4 Vanity Items: Green Skin, Ornate Katana, Turkey Hat and Ice Mask

10% XP Boost for 7 days of game time

75 Spins on the Squeal of Fortune

A Limited Edition RuneScape MCM T-Shirt

Exclusive Concept Art

Oh, and one more thing: Mod Mark, RuneScapes Lead Designer, will be popping by the stand on Saturday. He loves nothing more than to talk RuneScape, so if you want to know why cabbages are so large, how long it takes to make an update or just to ask some other burning question, Mod Mark is the man.

So, we hope you agree that MCM is shaping up to be a must see event. Dont forget that we are offering 2 ways for you to obtain free tickets in our MCM exclusive competitions: /l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?254,255,176,63704549"]MCM Ticket Challenge and /l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?254,255,175,63704548"]MCM Costume Competition. Both competitions close on the 13th of May, so get your entries in now!

See you at MCM!

The RuneScape Team

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I hope they dont hire someone to dress up as the goblin giving out spins as he may be in for a nasty shock. A few of us might be inclined to kick him in the groin and shove them somewhere unpleasant.

Good for them for reaching out but im not that fussed by jagex events (Or ones they attend.) Shame it wasnt more of this years ago as I definitely be interested to see the people who make the game and such. Not currently though to be truthful due to their choices. Will just look at info released afterwards.

What if it's not a guy? Whoops...off to jail for assault.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't go if it was in my own country, let alone all the way in London, but for anyone who's going, enjoy...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm bringing some lighterfluid and a match to RuneFest'12 JUST in case they have such a feature there...

If not, it'll be to burn my own crafted effigy of Yelps...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Forgetting the squeal for a moment... they are SELLING XP BOOSTS!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

already do that with refer a friend an account.

Fixed that for you :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I'm not too upset about this. It's just a limited time offer in order to get people to go. I'm annoyed by the squeal showing up again, though. It's getting obnoxious.

when they say 10% for 7 days game time. do they mean that you get 168 hours of xp boost, or a week of how ever many hours you can play?

4e0Vn.png

when they say 10% for 7 days game time. do they mean that you get 168 hours of xp boost, or a week of how ever many hours you can play?

The second one I believe.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

If they get somebody to dress up as a goblin for the $OF stuff, we need somebody to punch him with a boxing glove - your defence is claiming that you're just simulating what happens on the $of.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

If they get somebody to dress up as a goblin for the $OF stuff, we need somebody to punch him with a boxing glove - your defence is claiming that you're just simulating what happens on the $of.

Thank you! That really brightened up my day!

This. :D

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

This. :D

Agreed. :P

Some nice deals on membership. Too bad I don't live in the UK.

I dunno whats worse; spewing SOF everywhere or the fact we need to live in London again to attend something for some form of vanity item i.e; that Ornate Katana.

Just bloody let us buy the damn things already, we dont all live in London!

Can't spare the energy to give a [bleep] that they've done this. They've got every right to, and they seem hell-bent on never listening to the people who want simply to get the opportunity to obtain these vanity items via credit card. Continual financial discrimination from Jagex, never getting old there is it?

hzvjpwS.gif

If you have a credit card with a recurring subscription, you are probably likely to continue it and a vanity item is not going to help.

If, on the other hand, you are a little kid and you see you can sign up for membership and get X shiny item...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Also, vanity items only work if not everyone has it. Thus Jagex only offers them to their fastest growing subscription method, because that's where the money is.

Honestly, when I read this it didn't bother me at all. This isn't exactly what I was hoping for when a jmod told us that we would be able to obtain that stuff at a later date (it was kind of implied that everyone would be able to get things like the katana and green skin later), but the mod wasn't very high up, and that might have been the plan at one point. If anything, I'd rather see them keep reusing the vanity stuff rather than create even more things I can't get. The extra xp didn't really bother me. Not sure why.