New Top 250 F2P Skill Total List

Lord Slayas

In my opinion, if someone wants to cheat to get on the pure F2P hiscore list, I just hope they're happy with their rank based on lies.

It has always been hard to tell if someone has been Member or not. Even if the person has all P2P skills at level 1, there is still a chance that player has been P2P. Level 1 or level 5 doesn't make much of a difference. Howmany P2P players do you know with high F2P skills but all P2P skills under level 5? If someone has been P2P on purpose they probably have trained at least one skill above level 5, because otherwise they're simply too noob to get high enough skills for our list anyway. :P

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

If we're only allowed to raise the mems skills to level 5, does that mean we will stop gaining xp exactly at the point we hit level 5? If so, it seems to me that would be a good way to tell. It would be pretty hard to gain exactly 388 xp in a level and not go any further.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Something to consider:

Druidic ritual is now a f2p quest and it gives herblore exp.

Therefore if you decide that having level 5 herblore doesn't make you a pure f2per anymore, then you can't complete all the f2p quests.

In my opinion, f2p pures are dead anyway. Jagex has done a pretty good job with killing them off.

Druidic Ritual isn't F2P. Did they announce that it will be? I must have missed that.

If anything, the One Piercing Note and Song from the Depths quests should be made F2P. The rewards would benefit us more than they do members, and SotD in particular would entice people to get membership so they could fight the QBD. Troacctid made some pretty good arguments for this last year in his blog.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Very well then; I trust that your decision will be for the best.

I do have my own opinions on this though:

The problem arises that after this it will be impossible to tell what accounts are genuinely F2P' date=' or which are former members.[/quote']

Hasn't that already been a problem, since the introduction of removed highscores?

I also think that if we were to keep the requirements to level 1 on all P2P skills, that would cut off some purely "free" people who have never paid and tried the new skills, since they would never have to pay to reach level 5 - especially ones in the future who would never have known about our rules.

Overall, I think we would retain more players in our community base if we allow free players to level up the new skills to level 5. Essentially I believe that to make it on this list, you would have never paid a cent to Jagex on your account.

EDIT: Taking the membership trial shall also be forbidden!

That's just some food for thought from me. I'd be happy with whatever decision you guys come up with, though.

• Like 1

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Essentially I believe that to make it on this list, you would have never paid a cent to Jagex on your account.

That statement techincally means that p2p trial and to use it to gain member stats is alright, as technically you never paid a cent to Jagex. A better statement I feel that represents one who could make it on this list, one who has never logged in a p2p world and never obtain membership, and only obtained membership due to trial but never used it in anyway for membership benefits. Which means this statement says that getting the level 5 stats is okay.

Stormfire64.png

We should allow it, we aren't paying to go to Buthrope, it is going to be given to us, I don't know why people are like against it if they are giving to us free.

Besides, a new area to explore would be lovely :D

A better statement I feel that represents one who could make it on this list, one who has never logged in a p2p world and never obtain membership, and only obtained membership due to trial but never used it in anyway for membership benefits.

Word. I shall edit my post accordingly. Though I can't seem to make sense of your last half...

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Regarding the hiscores, I think the total level without the P2P levels should be used in the future. If someone decides to keep those P2P skills at level 1, it shouldn't have concequences on the person's rank. It's not hard in any way to obtain those level 5's, so I think it's more a player's choice to get them.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Regarding the hiscores, I think the total level without the P2P levels should be used in the future. If someone decides to keep those P2P skills at level 1, it shouldn't have concequences on the person's rank. It's not hard in any way to obtain those level 5's, so I think it's more a player's choice to get them.

No, that just takes more work, think about the people who have to do all that work.

I don't think we should cater to those who choose to limit themselves when there is no real reason to do so.

List updated: 03/04/2013

Added:

Airazor101 - Active & Converted, Total & Experience Lists

-

Removed:

M I A O W - bumped/no longer meets the requirements (Active Total List)

Fafman - bumped/no longer meets the requirements (Active Exp List)

-

Was going to wait until the 5th to update, like usual, but Jagex threw a wrench into that plan today with their latest update.

As you can see, we have changed the list to reflect the new F2P Runescape that we live in, and to try and accommodate everyone's conflicting views on the subject. It took us much time, debating, and consideration before we came to this solution, and hopefully it is acceptable to everyone.

It was actually when browsing through Isthatok's F2P Archive, when debating whether or not we should make something similar, that this idea occurred to us. Players will still be ranked on the Total Level Lists by their F2P Skill Total, not including the members skills past level 1. This is because of the split in the community, where some are training these member skills, and some are vehemently opposed. The fact that the total exp per skill adds up to around 388 for a total amount of 3104 exp in total (or 3492 if you lamp Construction), next to nothing, means it really should not affect the rank of those who refuse to train them to avoid having P2P skills on their account. However, neither will we penalize players who choose to train these Member Skills up to 5 in F2p, as these players are still Pure F2p. The Total level including P2P skills is shown, in brackets, next to their total level without. There is an example below:

champexamp.png

The experience gotten in any of the members skills will not, however, be removed from the total Experience of the respective players who chose to train said skills.

This was not an easy decision, it took much time, and effort on our part, as well as reading these forum posts (as well as other threads) and speaking with a great many players, seeing what it is they would like the list to be. If the majority of the community starts to train these members skills, instead of avoiding them, there is a possibility for change.

I do apologize to the many, many people who asked me what our stand would be regarding this issue, but truth be told, we were not entirely sure until earlier today, and remaking the lists took a great portion of our time and concentration.

The Converted Lists will be undergoing a similar treatment soon, when I have enough time to do so. I will also mention that from now on, instead of a 5 Day Update Period, due to the increase of work it takes to do updates (adding and subtracting levels, etc...), the list will once again run on a Weekly Update Cycle. The next update will be on March 10th, 2013, and all subsequent updates will take place every following Sunday.

To be eligible for the 250 Lists, your account must never have been logged into a P2P server / world.

-side note-

Would like to thank the Purefreetoplay Team, and especially Medieval Kid, for helping me out with all of this.

Thank you,

~Lord Slayas

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Here is the picture of the first update of the month that Slaya had previously mentioned we would start doing a little while ago.

iI0WnzjYWqAdq.png

As you can see we have already applied the changes to some of the lists, including the one posted above. The number in brackets with the grey colour is the total level of players including their p2p stats above level 1 (with the max of level 5 in any given p2p stat of course), while the white number represents their f2p total level (with the 9 level 1's). The levels of each will be changed and updated appropriately on a weekly basis as we receive the updates.

~Medi

~The Purefreetoplay team.

• Like 1

Can't say I'm entirely happy with this update. I can respect your and your teams decision Slaya. This update got sprung on us and you and the team scrambled today to find a viable solution that will hopefully solve all problems. Like the "Old P2p Trial" some people will see through the grey area and feel about the situation on their own.

Before this goes past the first day, what happens if Jagex were to renege on this decision and these become "P2P" skills once again, what do you think you will say to those who have raised the skills? With Jagex and how many times they've changed the "Tutorial" in the past 5 or so years since tutorial island was no more, I can see it happening. It would be a shame if they did it, but Jagex never knows what they want to do for the future. Which is one of the main points I feel these should stay P2P skills. Also the fact the stats tab still labels them as P2P skills.

Thank you for all the hard work and dedication you have brought to the community Slaya and the team. I'm glad that I have had the ability to get to know most of you pretty well recently.

Can't say I'm entirely happy with this update. I can respect your and your teams decision Slaya. This update got sprung on us and you and the team scrambled today to find a viable solution that will hopefully solve all problems. Like the "Old P2p Trial" some people will see through the grey area and feel about the situation on their own.

Before this goes past the first day, what happens if Jagex were to renege on this decision and these become "P2P" skills once again, what do you think you will say to those who have raised the skills? With Jagex and how many times they've changed the "Tutorial" in the past 5 or so years since tutorial island was no more, I can see it happening. It would be a shame if they did it, but Jagex never knows what they want to do for the future. Which is one of the main points I feel these should stay P2P skills. Also the fact the stats tab still labels them as P2P skills.

Thank you for all the hard work and dedication you have brought to the community Slaya and the team. I'm glad that I have had the ability to get to know most of you pretty well recently.

I understand all your points, and as a F2p Rs Veteran, I tend to agree in principle. However, these skills have still been placed in F2P, and are still available to us. People should not be penalized for taking advantage of this new content, but neither should people be penalized for rejecting it wholeheartedly. This is a middle-ground option we have found. As I said, if the community forcibly leans one way or the other on the issue (remember, this is day 1 after all) the lists will be changed accordingly in the future. Nothing is set in stone. These lists are for the Pure F2p community, and will change with the community if necessary, just as they did when the highscores were taken from us.

If Jagex was indeed to go back on their word and remove these skills from the F2P game (unlikely scenario) the list would revert to how it was before this update, and said P2P levels would be removed from said totals, as well as said exp gained in the stats. The players who had trained the skills would be given a rank similar to the "Glitched" rank given to 222Champ, Meneer Naab and Gereed123, meaning they had gotten P2P experience while remaining Purely F2P (they were the victims of a dungeoneering glitch that netted Agility Exp, for anyone who doesn't know). No harm would come to them.

This is all, of course, conjecture.

• Like 1

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Congrats Fluhm! =D>

I want to say thank you to Lord Slayas, MedievalKid and the entire Purefreetoplay Team for all their efforts in quickly finding a reasonable middle ground to the admittedly massive changes yesterday's update made to our community. Jagex has thrown many a monkeywrench into the free game in the last couple of years and many of us look to you to help define what "pure" means (I know for a fact that a lot of people were waiting for your decision before going anywhere near Taverly and Burthorpe yesterday). I realize that wasn't your intent when you started the list, but as the face (name? lol) of the list you've stepped up admirably.

Let Jagex make whatever changes they like, with people like you, and everyone else here, the F2P community shall endure.

Okay, bromance post over. :P Back to bragging to each other submitting stats updates.

• Like 4

Holy crap, I take a few weeks off to study for midterms and I come back to this??

First off, Lord Slayas It can't have been easy to make the "Final Decision" on things like this yourself even if you had help with figuring out what to do. I feel that you made the best choice with the available options we have here so for that I must say thank you! If not for your efforts and the people who maintain this list, I'd bet that many of us would have disappeared, never to be seen again by now.

Regarding this pretty massive change to this game we play, I'm putting my money on the fact that most people on this list will not be tempted to bother with the new levels. I seriously doubt more than a few percent of the people who have come this far as a F2P will really care about a few new things to mess around with. People have all sorts of reasons for not even becoming a member, mine pretty much started when dragon weapons first came out and I saw how the exp rates for members training F2P combat skills was basically 50%-100% faster with the new weapons. At the time it just reeked of an obvious hook to gain members, so I just vowed to never give Jagex a dime out of petty spite! It pretty much just stuck as I saw members getting more and more and more exp per hour and here we are.

If you are a pure F2P and you want to get the 5's I think you are perfectly justified in doing so (F5P? lol), as the new content is technically F2P now. However, I also think a lot of the older-school kids among us will refrain for a variety of reasons, and as long as there are no crazy advantaged to using the new content I think we can all get along!

Just have to see how this plays out I guess.

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

6March13_zpsf9e17c58.png

37 Levels in a day (I also got a Prayer level)! Like a baws! :grin:

Since we were already counting 1 for each of the 9 mems skills to begin with, my total on the list will be 1209 (1245), right?

• Like 1