6 years ago today.

agile sarah

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a fun summer in RuneScape. 2006 was my favorite year in RS.

I was in the Fight Caves at the time, while this account was my "pure." I ended up setting the record for the fire cape at 57 combat :D Good times. I met Fancy Fancy (the previous record-holder) and U A E X (the next record holder) that summer too. I still talk to Fancy regularly to this day :)

Anyone remember the "official" video of the 6/6/06 massacre?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0y2huQoOnw

edit: lol saw T H E Do0rs following durial around. Became friends with that guy later on too!

77yLQy8.png

I was mining ess to use for RC and in the constant flow of people the word spread so, naturally, I thought it would be a good idea to bank up and head on over. I just ran around trying to get killed. Good times :D

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

That was a fun summer in RuneScape. 2006 was my favorite year in RS.

I was in the Fight Caves at the time, while this account was my "pure." I ended up setting the record for the fire cape at 57 combat :D Good times. I met Fancy Fancy (the previous record-holder) and U A E X (the next record holder) that summer too. I still talk to Fancy regularly to this day :)

Anyone remember the "official" video of the 6/6/06 massacre?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0y2huQoOnw

edit: lol saw T H E Do0rs following durial around. Became friends with that guy later on too!

It's been 4 years since I last played runescape, and I recovered my tip.it password just to reply to this post. I was watching this exact video a couple days ago and I gotta say it's probably the most epic runescape video there is. Vids like this stay in your mind forever and you never forget how epic that day was, even long after you stop playing. The song just fits so perfectly with the vid too. I may not play runescape anymore, but I will forever remember this day and this video.

I showed up immediately when a friend told me what was going on.

A friend was spamming that I was a "safe house" so that you couldn't get killed, and my nooby level 40 construction house had dozens of people.

Also someone nitro killed themselves and everyone spamming "6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666"

First time encountering Jmods

the fally massacre and the aftermath edgeville pvp war after durial got dc'ed.. I never saw edgeville wilderness more crowded before or since.

It was a fun memory indeed. Its truly a wonder I actually was able to witness such a major part of runescape history

Sadly, I didn't start playing till summer of 2006 - I don't even recall when I heard about the fally massacre. Still, it does make you wonder if a glitch like that could ever happen again.

already did. Fight pits had an incident where you could kill people in the lobby and they would drop everything (they had one AGAIN since the update).

Plus Storm of Armandyl except it wasn't as legendary due to graves

plus there are half a dozen ways to get the "attack" option out of places but it either does nothing or DC's you now.

I know I was playing and a member then, but I have no personal memories of this event.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I've played Runescape since April '01 and this is among the top favourites for my Rs memories, I wished I could have been there I heard about it the day it happened. I always watch the videos I've seen all the versions I think and I show it to all my Rl friends who play Rs.

Attack: 99/99 Strength: 99/99

Defense: 99/99 Constitution: 99/99

Prayer: 99/99 Ranged: 99/99

Magic: 98/99 Summoning: 88/99

Combat Level: 137

I was actually going to go to that party but I was too busy working on my own house and just ended up logging off. I remember getting a call from a friend the next morning all excited about what happened. It really is hard to believe that I had already "quit" twice and had came back with a few friends because of that new skill. Seems so dam long I've been in this game

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

If memory serves, I definately played RS that day, and I think I was even playing while it was happening. I would have been f2p back then though, and the news wouldn't have reached me very quickly since most of my friends were f2p as well.

Was F2P at the time, but wasn't on RS. I was actually working at the election polls. :| Got up at 5:00AM to get to the polling station at 6:30AM and worked until 9:30PM. XD I still have the pin commemorating the day too. O_o

Was F2P at the time, but wasn't on RS. I was actually working at the election polls. :| Got up at 5:00AM to get to the polling station at 6:30AM and worked until 9:30PM. XD I still have the pin commemorating the day too. O_o

Actually, that's kind of awesome about the pin you have. Not from the event itself, but its nice to have a memento from the day at least. All the rest of us have are (mostly vague) memories in our heads.

I was playing in world 28 though I forgot exactly what I may have been doing. Shortly after the massacre though I discovered you can have people sit in your chairs and benches then tell them if they drop their Halloween masks they appear backwards on you head. Or dropping anything it hovers on your head then kicking everyone from your house and locking the portal. Yay free rares! Though I never did this cause I was afraid to getting banned. Then I told some people and the patch was implemented into Player Owned Houses where you couldnt drop ur items while sitting down. Then a couple months after that they gave a warning that dropping any items in a Player Owned House would be lost forever.

Happy Holidays!

gallery_36779_1286_13407.jpg

¤ W.T.F. (World Triumph Faction) ¤

Visit my Youtube channel!

I remember that day. Thankfully I wasn't there when that happened so I didn't lose any of my items.

But I do know it was a horrible day for many players of RuneScape. A lot of players lost their items because of that bug. And I think that guy who abused the bug got banned from RuneScape because of that and he deserved it.

I remember my friend telling me about it.

Apparently someone Durial killed dropped a partyhat and he was lucky enough to pick it up.

Seems like a silly thing to lie about.

I remember hearing about it on tip it from this thread: http://forum.tip.it/topic/45481-a-durial321-interview-attack-abuse-bug/ Then looking up the video and showing my friends who played runescape at the time. That thread has since lost the majority of it's contents, but they're archived on tip it here.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I remember being told about it a few days after it happened.

Friend of mine was in Falador today planting flowers in memory of that day. :P

Flowers for all the fallen 'scapers eh?

I remember that yeah, I was actually online at the time and got told about it so I hopped worlds quickly after banking all my stuff, saw a lot of crowds but not durial321 himself. Was crazy, and a great coincidence with the day it was on I guess :)

That sort of period, just before construction, were my best times on RuneScape too, pre-100 combat

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

2006 was my favorite year in RS.

:thumbup:

I was playing RuneScape then, not in the same world and probably not anywhere near Falador. But I did heard it on these forums not much later. The Falador Massacre was probably my first historic day I've played through. My first historical day I've been in person must of been the Swiftswitch riots. Lol, anybody remember those? :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I hate to be late, but i was actually there first hand, but thankfully I wasn't killed

I remember the mods saying bank your items, which i did, and poked around until he left the statue in falador... which is when I stopped following him

edit: yes, i remember the switfkit riots

second edit: I remember that rumor, but I don't recall him killing anybody with a partyhat, so I always said it was false

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

I was playing at the time and didn't the event happen June the 7th for the majority of RuneScape? Being 6 June only for a limited amount of American players? I'm almost entirely surre about this. Might even have been the 8th.

Ah, the dramatic flair of people.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]