360 vs ps3

i have a ps3. used to have a 360 but not anymore. these are the biggest flaws with ps3:

loading times feel really long. i don't really play often so if i want to play a console game i want something that starts up fast and 15 mins later i'm done. not to mention the updates. so many updates.

online is BAD. not nintendo bad, but i avoid playing with friends because of how painful it is. if you're used to Live and Bungie's online combination, PS3 is like trying to sew using your hands instead of a sewing machine. yes, it's possible to play online. but it's just not as fun or as efficient. that $60 people pay for live is completely worth it just because Live does it so well. not to mention that if you've ever used the group chat on live, you feel so spoiled after going back to PSN. that entire schtick about how Live has the worst community ever? It's completely bs. Online is online across the board whether it's PSN or PC. Also people on PSN are a lot less social than Live. Every now and then in a Halo game you'd have everyone wearing a headset. A game on PSN with half the players using a headset would be a rarity.

that's pretty much it. oh and i never used the bluray ever.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people on PSN would be more social if Sony included a free headset like Microsoft. Till this day I still don't understand why they haven't.

japanese vs north american customs with gaming. if you look at the most popular games in japan they're mostly single player (jrpgs, mario, etc). while the best sellers in america are sports games and CoD

if it wasn't for microsoft i don't think console online gaming would be the way it is right now.

japanese vs north american customs with gaming. if you look at the most popular games in japan they're mostly single player (jrpgs, mario, etc). while the best sellers in america are sports games and CoD

if it wasn't for microsoft i don't think console online gaming would be the way it is right now.

And when they do have it, Japan's multiplayer seems to be more about local multiplayer, since you have a huge population in a small area. Meanwhile, the States/Canada/Europe's population is more spread out, so we're going to prefer online multiplayer.

Assuming that I'm not talking out of my ass, it does make sense that the Western company is the one that focuses on online multiplayer.

What is ABAP?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

What everyone is saying about the social aspect (in regards to the headset for the PS3) is completely true. In my short time having a PS3 and MAG, which was about two months, I only had around ten matches that even just one person in my squad had a headset, and squads had around ten people in it IIRC. Granted, there were 128 people per team in the largest game mode, so maybe I was just never stuck with people that had mics.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

What everyone is saying about the social aspect (in regards to the headset for the PS3) is completely true. In my short time having a PS3 and MAG, which was about two months, I only had around ten matches that even just one person in my squad had a headset, and squads had around ten people in it IIRC. Granted, there were 128 people per team in the largest game mode, so maybe I was just never stuck with people that had mics.

Nah not just you. That was pretty much the same experience I had. People might think I'm ragging on the PS3 without playing it but I did prestige on MW2 and maxed out the engineer on BF3.

Fat Princess is the reason I own a PS3.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

the PC is the superior platform

Fixed.

I wouldn't say it is necessarily the superior platform for sports games, hence the specification.

Eh, when I can get an Xbox controller that plugs into my PC, it really doesn't matter either way.

You don't need an xbox controller, I have an aftermarket Saitek one that I can use both on my PS3 and my computers. And the only game that I've played that isn't compatible with that is Dirt 3... Which is weird, since Dirt 2 is supported.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I think he is and so do I think aswell. They are just 2 different things that cannot be compared. The topic of this thread is still 360 vs PS3, mind you.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

playing lying down on the couch on a big screen tv > playing on a tiny monitor

PC isn't superior. It's just different.

once you over look the:

graphics

massive FPS difference which is huge for shooters

one of the most important ones; modding in singleplayer and sometimes multiplayer games

being in control of your hardware and being able to upgrade, not waiting 10 years between each microsoft console

PC can handle far more, biggest example being bf3. You're telling me 64 man servers - 24 is not comparable in superiority, simply different? I don't think so

tl;dr

the PS3 has no games

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I_am_Not, go back to your trollcave for writing such nonsense in here. The PS3 is not Japan's and Europe's most popular gaming console (besides PS2 and DS, ofc) for nothing. PS3 has a massive library of games, but you 'Muricans do not get all the good stuff. And even what you do get is sometimes insanely good. There is still no 360 equivalent to games like Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, Uncharted trilogy, MAG and numerous more. Oh, Valkyria Chronicles deserves a mention everywhere. Granted, online experience and some games are better on the 360, but that has already been said. They both have their own +'s and -'s and that is it. If you have the money for games and console and already have a 360, go ahead, try it out. There is a whole new world of games awaiting.

Oh, and has anyone mentioned PC/PS3 co-op? On some games, like Portal 2 it is possible. And Dust 514, which directly influences EVE Online.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

tl;dr

the PS3 has no games

That's not a tl;dr, that's an assumption. And a very ill-informed one at that.

Anyway, barring any "PC is superior" comments (which it is if you like modding, and shelling out cash to make an amazing rig), the game franchises you like define what console you should get.

Like Halo and Gears of War? Go for a 360.

Like Uncharted and Killzone? Go for a PS3.

For me, personally, I preffer the ps3, I won't deny that. I've been in love with the Resistance series because Insomniac isn't afraid of making things hopeless to the point that the main character has to be killed. Also, the ps3 has a higher limit on the number of players it can support in one match for many games (MAG, R2), although I'm not sure if that's a hardware thing or a developer's choice. The only weakness I've seen lately with the PS3 architecture is that it is a lot more rigid in RAM usage, which led to lag (thankfully fixed) in Skyrim. The fact that many multi-platform titles tend to be ported over to the PS3 also means that sometimes they don't pay as much attention to the final product (with Bethesda being the main culprit here).

22031_s.gif