360 vs ps3

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own both and I enjoy both I find what games I get on what comes partly of habit, partly from online services and partly from controls.

Games primarily to be played online multiplayer are easier on PS3 because you get to play free opposed to needing gold membership on xbox.

Then other games com from pure preference, I fair better on adventure type games (assassin's creed, batman etc.) with xbox controller whilst my prowess at racing and aiming guns that don;t auto-lock on is better with the PS3.

I have to say unless you are a Halo nerd ps3 probably offers the better overall choice since it has the blu-ray and the free online etc. Though to my eyes kinect wins hands down for motion gaming which can be a lot of fun especially now games made for it are getting better at utilising it. BUT having said that I doubt buying a console in the near future is wise both microsoft and sony have slated having their next gen consoles out sometime next year (Most places say Q3); next gen meaning the 'xbox 720' and the ps4 opposed to more psvita or add-ons like kinect.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't really see the point. Unless you want the exclusives, they have the same games and the quality of them aren't a whole lot different.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

^That and the blu ray player.

It really depends on where you live as well, especially for online games. There's not a huge difference if you're in a big city, but when it comes to small cities and towns, Xbox Live is much better than PSN. A lot of my friends switched to Xbox from PS3 because they were lagging in almost all online games. We pay for Xbox Live, but we get much more quality out of it because we pay, and it's about $5 a month.

All that to say, if you don't plan on playing online games with it, go for it, but if it's to play the same games that you have on your Xbox, keep your money for something more important.

When I bought a PS3 a few years ago, I remember there being ungodly long update times. If you do get one though, see if anyone is still playing MAG. That game was awesome. :thumbup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I had a 360 then bought a PS3 as most of my IRL friends had PS3's so that was my reason for buying it but here goes my PERSONAL list of pro's comparative to the other for the two consoles:

Xbox360:

- The gamebattles scene for Xbox is much more vibrant than PS3 so if you like the more competitive games then go for that.

- Has Halo and Fable which I both enjoyed while there are no PS3 specific titles that have really caught me.

- The controller is perhaps marginally more comfortable but you will get used to the PS3 controller.

- Being able to chat with friends independant of being in a game together is awesome me and my friends resorted to using Skype while on PS3 because there chat options are awful and indeed voice chat didn't work for us on Black Ops.

- Microsoft is putting much more money into exclusivity deals which means you'll get a lot of DLC early.

- I prefer the Xbox UI for stuff like adding friends, muting people, reporting people, dashboarding etc..

PS3:

- Free online - I know it's only $60 a year with Xbox Live but its nice not to have to think about it at all and just be able to log on whenever you're connected to the internet. It also means you can easily have multiple PSN accounts which is nice.

- Non-Sony specific leads. With the Xbox it seemed like every component had to be the Xbox specific one which usually had a 100% mark-up on the price apart from the power cable all PS3 cables are totally standard so you don't have to worry about losing/breaking them as much as they are a lot cheaper to replace.

- Has a lot of free TV services and good internet browsing (ever fancied widescreen Tori Black?)

- Blu-ray only come in useful a couple of times but its nice to have.

- Less hacking - it sounds like COD4 on Xbox is completely hacked up while on PS3 it remains relatively playable.

Huh, that's all I can think of at the moment maybe I'll edit more in later.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

If you haven't found PS3 exclusives that you like, I say the fault is in you. I have a PS3 and even though most of my friends have Xboxes I still prefer the PS3. Still, I am no online player.

But PS3 has terrific selection of adventure titles, exclusive and non-exclusive, + PS3 gets Japanese titles that are never coming to Xbox. Like Valkyria Chronicles, for example. I still think it is one of the most underrated games of all times. It looks absolutely beautiful in it's own style, even though it is years old, it's system is unique and so on.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I think it really comes down to which system's exclusives you like more. I personally prefer the PS3, which lead to me selling off my 360 about 2yrs ago. Blu-Ray is also a plus and free online play.

tFtfA.jpg

I've owned both, and I prefer PS3 to the point that when my 360 burned out I wasn't even that upset. Little mad that it was a waste of money, but I'd go with the PS3. More exclusive games, free online, battery-free controllers, blur ray player....It's worth the switch.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I have played both and personally I find they are pretty much the same to be playing on. Few things I can mention either way is that the xbox's online seems a little more intense, the PS3 everybody quickscopes in COD, Xbox controller I prefer more but the PS3 controller is fine, takes a little getting used to.

Personally for me the decision to buy an xbox came from the fact that my friends had xbox's and I wanted to play online with them. If money or cost isn't an issue and your willing to spend atleast 300 dollars to buy a PS3 and all the games you already have for xbox go with the one your going to be enjoying and spending the most time on.

Well, the point is you don't have to remember to buy batteries for your PS3 controller you can just re-charge it nice and easy.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Well, the point is you don't have to remember to buy batteries for your PS3 controller you can just re-charge it nice and easy.

The same can be said of xbox controllers.

Grab the rechargeable battery packs, job done.

I even have a 'power tree' that docks 2 ps3 controllers and 2 xbox controllers to maintain permanent charge.

Ps3 controllers cost more in the long run because when the battery eventually comes to the end of it's life cycle and can't hold charge you need a whole new controller, xbox360 you just grab a new battery pack for much less.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Or you can just plug it in with any random mini-USB wire.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc