wow RS sucks now

swagcake

havent bothered checking on RS in like 8 months and this game keeps getting worse and worse.

why do they keep changing RS?

This game looks nothing like the game i used to spend hours every day on just a few years ago.

• Like 1

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

To make more profit by exploiting something they said they were against (RWT)

I still find it a fun game to play though, even if the updates I've seen (so far) have been anything but exciting/something to look forward to. Buying cosmetic items with real money is fine for now (Solomon's store) - (some are still against it however), but what everybody's worried about is this:

CHOOSE YOUR FATE is a selection of four of the most powerful items ever seen in RuneScape. More exciting details on this next week! We promise you will not want to miss out on this and much much more…

http://forum.tip.it/...ummer-blow-out/

ShadyAntics.png

Moved to Rants.

Long running games change to accommodate newer markets. Sure there are some pretty bad updates (Read: money grabbing updates) but there's still some playability in RuneScape. What don't you like about the 'new' RuneScape?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

well for starters all the unnecessary armor changes. was it really necessary to change rune armor to that putrid cyan color?

barrows armor was fine before they changed it. dragon boots look like red sandals... obviously the money updates were horrible

now the combat beta is coming in. i mean i already stopped playing for ages, but it just seems like RS is just getting worse and worse with each update.

So many of the updates feel unnecessary and the game just feels different

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

The problem with RuneScape is that the community always forms around the game plan of the developer, and for years Jagex's plan of action was to take everything mainstream in MMOs and completely disregard it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

i dont lurk around the forums and i dont play it anymore, l2 read lol.

im just saying i checked it out today and frankly its horrible

i cant see why all of you would continue to play.

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

We get your point. You don't get ours. Although there are many things that the people that still plays dislikes, we still see the games as a fun one and with things that compensate. We play because we (still) have fun. How hard is to get that? If the game was dead the community would be much smaller.

Skiller11101.png

So you're saying they shouldn't had updated rs-classic, yes those graphics were beast! I would definetly play a game with such graphics!!!! /Endsarcasm

So you're playing a game solely on graphics? The gameplay in Classic was amazing, and I would give anything to play that instead of the pile of garbage that is RS now.

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

There is plenty of fun stuff to do in RS. While the recent developments with RWT suck, it doesn't take away from the hundreds of hours worth of quests/minigames/activities there is to do.

• Like 1

2480+ total

Because everything you like and don't like is the same as what everyone else likes and doesn't like, right? I can't see why you'd be annoyed by something as insignificant as the shade of rune armor.

• Like 1
kXiLk.jpg

"I can't understand why someone would disagree with my clearly superior opinions."

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• 2 weeks later...

You gave us reasons that are down to ones own preferences and then you ask why we would continue to play.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but RS has lost almost all of its appeal for me as well, and it's something that's been on my mind for half a year or so. It might just because I've been with the game for so long, that the mechanics and air of it have just become boring. Or perhaps after getting my comp cape there were no real goals I was willing to accept next, and goal-driven play was what always kept me motivated and coming back.

Then again I also do not agree with the recent "RWT" changes and micro-transactions. Nor do I find recent updates all that exciting. But I cannot say for certain whether my dissatisfaction with the changes results in my disinterest in the game, or if my disinterest in the game results in my dissatisfaction with the changes. I have to ask myself, "if Jagex released SoF 3-4 years ago, would I really have hated it so much?" Part of me says, yes. Of course I would have. It would be just as unacceptable then as it is now.

Yet we must also consider that over years of playing, we acquire a distinct taste for a game. And when the game charts a new course, some people cannot adjust their tastes, while others can ride the draft into unmapped waters. And the more imprinted your taste is, the more adamant it is against alteration.

I quit playing for the simple reason, or so I thought, that the game had become "boring". Although I understand now that the reason behind that reason is far more complex. Even brilliant gold is weathered and dulled given enough time and enough force. It could be as simple as the lack of goals which fueled my goal-obsessed play before. Or it could be far more complex. It's an enigma we must all face ourselves. Personally, I see Jagex as a crumbling castle, yet for others it might still illuminate in brilliance, and yet for others it is a new horizon radiating across the sky.

• Like 4

So you're saying they shouldn't had updated rs-classic, yes those graphics were beast! I would definetly play a game with such graphics!!!! /Endsarcasm

How dare you say that sarcastically, runescape classic rocked.

I still play classic now and again :)