Pendants of Skill! - 26/7/2012

What I get from the messages of some people on this thread is that people who don't like RWT are sad addicted kids that need to grow up and I'm oh-so-better than them because I don't give a shit. That's just amusing really, especially ironic coming from people who've long quit and still linger round the forum of a game they don't even play.

I thought I made it clear that I still play, just not very often. And most of my posts these days are in Off-Topic. But I don't really see what you're getting at, besides the obvious ad hominems.

No point really, I was just highlighting how absurd some opinions come off. I was thinking of a few people, it's interesting that you feel targeted. Trust me, I don't know nor care where you post or what you say.

2480+ total

What I get from the messages of some people on this thread is that people who don't like RWT are sad addicted kids that need to grow up and I'm oh-so-better than them because I don't give a shit. That's just amusing really, especially ironic coming from people who've long quit and still linger round the forum of a game they don't even play.

Or it's just entirely in your head and the people that aren't flipping out about RWT like to spend their disposable income on something they see as being a leisure activity.

I mean I can't help but laugh at some of these posts. I swear a lot of the users here would be better off living in a communist state. Like, what even is capitalism?

Edit: Also mods, as I usually browse the forum on a phone, has the report post button just disappeared?

Sylpheed.png

Or it's just entirely in your head and the people that aren't flipping out about RWT like to spend their disposable income on something they see as being a leisure activity.

I mean I can't help but laugh at some of these posts. I swear a lot of the users here would be better off living in a communist state. Like, what even is capitalism?

Edit: Also mods, as I usually browse the forum on a phone, has the report post button just disappeared?

I think you missed "What I get from the messages of some people on this thread" part of his message. He was actually agreeing with what you posted.

I think you missed "What I get from the messages of some people on this thread" part of his message. He was actually agreeing with what you posted.

I just re-read his post and yea I must have misread it. Apologies Highlander, that said my point about the people who are super ultra mega against RWT still applies.

Edited by Kimberly
Removed quote of a rulebreaking post :)
Sylpheed.png

No, I highly doubt the report button is gone.

No, I highly doubt the report button is gone.

I had PM'd Sylpheed but I'll post it here in case anyone else was curious: yeah, the mobile skin doesn't have a lot of features including the report button. But the tech admins know about this (so thanks for asking) and will look into it :P

hzvjpwS.gif

So anyway.. On this skill pendant thing. I used all my spins for the week.. didn't try to get any extra bonus ones via quests or ect. And I got one-- out of two p2p accounts and two f2p accounts. And of all it was ranged on an account I have 99 ranged on. Anyone else spin this week and end up with similar/worse results?

I personally wasn't effected by this update and in no way did it cause any kind of butthurt feelings regarding anything similar to the debate going on up there ^^lol. I did however find it a somewhat pointless update with the Sizzling Summer xp boosts coming soon. Could have been released earlier/later/not at all in my opinion.

Btw Muggi just started reading General Discussion again.. glad to see you've got that same old avatar as back int he day, haha. ^_^

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

The people who quit as a result of these updates were likely on the brink of quitting already,

Doesn't mean microtransactions aren't bad.

or just quit via a kneejerk reaction to the updates since many people these days (illogically) believe that trying to earn money is unethical.

It's not illogical. If you think logic even comes into this, you're really mistaken on the nature of ethics. It also doesn't mean microtransactions aren't bad.

The people who stick around either are too addicted to quit regardless of the updates, or are too stubborn to quit and they're playing a game they no longer enjoy because they've missed the whole point of the game.

Doesn't mean microtransactions aren't bad.

Most people who are upset with the marketing updates are playing RS for the wrong reasons.

Not true. Who are you to decide what wrong reasons are anyway? Also it doesn't mean microtransactions aren't bad.

Again, if this bothers you so much, why are you still here playing and complaining? Why not go do something that actually makes you happy?

Because we care? Unlike the people you say are too addicted to quit regardless of updates, we actually have an interest in keeping the game fun and interesting? Those people who stopped caring, who will take absolutely anything without complaint, aren't they the ones you mean by 'playing RS for the wrong reasons'? Those people who still have the energy to complain about what Jagex is doing are the only ones who actually care about the game. What you said also doesn't mean microtransactions aren't bad.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I prefer these pendants to EXP Lamps. Now remove the exp lamps Jagex. Listen for once.

I used to be an adventurer like you be a completionist, collecting everything. I realize this won't be possible as fast as they are crapping out cosmetics these days. I hate them for it, as I have to ignore items I would normally set a goal for. It makes me feel like a free to play Member, but Cashex have decided their fate.

Good luck to the Jmods keeping up against the cashhoarders.

or just quit via a kneejerk reaction to the updates since many people these days (illogically) believe that trying to earn money is unethical.

It's not illogical. If you think logic even comes into this, you're really mistaken on the nature of ethics. It also doesn't mean microtransactions aren't bad.

Are you implying that microtransactions are unethical?

Most people who are upset with the marketing updates are playing RS for the wrong reasons.

Not true. Who are you to decide what wrong reasons are anyway? Also it doesn't mean microtransactions aren't bad.

Again, if this bothers you so much, why are you still here playing and complaining? Why not go do something that actually makes you happy?

Because we care? Unlike the people you say are too addicted to quit regardless of updates, we actually have an interest in keeping the game fun and interesting? Those people who stopped caring, who will take absolutely anything without complaint, aren't they the ones you mean by 'playing RS for the wrong reasons'? Those people who still have the energy to complain about what Jagex is doing are the only ones who actually care about the game. What you said also doesn't mean microtransactions aren't bad.

If playing RS makes you happy or less unhappy, then you're playing RS for the right reasons.

If playing RS doesn't do either of the above, you're playing RS for the wrong reasons.

Simple as that.

77yLQy8.png

I found a quote I thought would be fitting for this thread.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey, he is obligated to do so." ~Thomas Jerfferson

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

If playing RS makes you happy or less unhappy, then you're playing RS for the right reasons.

If playing RS doesn't do either of the above, you're playing RS for the wrong reasons.

Simple as that.

Without sounding like a broken record, there are dozens of aspects to this game that attract unique players. People play to pk, to stake, to do clans, because they like quests, because they like MMOs, whatever. What should be crystal clear to you by now is that people can still enjoy those core reasons why they play, and yet still be upset by other features as well. By your reasoning, they are playing for the wrong reasons because another aspect that isn't their main focus makes them unhappy...despite still being happy from their core reason for playing.

Your conclusion for this problem that runescape players face today is too black and white to apply here. So it's not "as simple as that."

I found a quote I thought would be fitting for this thread.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey, he is obligated to do so." ~Thomas Jerfferson

That doesn't apply to RuneScape, let alone this discussion, at all. Please don't butcher good quotes by ignoring their context. :(

hzvjpwS.gif

Looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree...

You can't be happy and be upset simultaneously. If you're having fun while playing RS, that's great. If you're not, then go do something else that's fun (whether in RS or RL)

You live in a black & white world?

I am very much enjoying rs at the moment; yet I'm upset too about it. Rs is all about achieving things (and as fast as possible), that component keeps most people playing (after each hill there's a larger mountain). And at some point you've spent so much into the game you have memories you simply don't wish to lose. I play rs since I'm 15 - and considering I'll turn 24 at the end of this summer that is a considerable part of my life. There have been many things in RS that made me upset about the change - I've been bashing ZMI/graahks/wilderness removal since the start: they removed all the fun for me in rcing, believe it or not but the pkers actually made rcing not a bore for me. But that doesn't mean RS as a whole became bad, I still enjoy rs to this day as a past time where I can set goals & work towards it for a month.

However now this change & their focus on the squeel of fortune (seems like every other update the last few months is about it) are simply bad; they keep eating the fun small but steadily out of the game. And I pray that this is something that will "blow over" and won't be the total future. Just like how wilderness (and "drop what you kill") did return. Once the only correct (in terms of achieving highscore ranks) way becomes buying xp I'll look for something else. (Seems however that it's increasingly difficult to not get another game with pay-to-win things, that's really the '10s of gaming. Like arcade was the '80s...

• Like 1
First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

That's feeling bad in my book.

If you can accept that sometimes the net "value" of these conflicting feelings can be negative, you also have to accept that the net "value" of those feelings can also be positive. You can't have one way or the other. You can interpret the word to mean walking on the moon if you want, but your conclusion is still incomplete at best.

hzvjpwS.gif

If you can accept that sometimes the net "value" of these conflicting feelings can be negative, you also have to accept that the net "value" of those feelings can also be positive. You can't have one way or the other. You can interpret the word to mean walking on the moon if you want, but your conclusion is still incomplete at best.

Negative emotions are 3x as potent as positive emotions, so generally negativity is the outstanding quality when it comes to dissonance like that.

77yLQy8.png

Negative emotions are 3x as potent as positive emotions, so generally negativity is the outstanding quality when it comes to dissonance like that.

Uh. Okay. That doesn't disprove anything though. You just said "this happens most often."

hzvjpwS.gif

It makes me feel like a free to play Member, but Cashex have decided their fate.

You'll get used to that feeling, after a while, getting kicked into the dirt mutiple times just makes you feel like you've taken a prolonged mud bath in a spa :lol: .

22031_s.gif

Just because they disagree doesn't necessarily mean they're correct in evaluating their own emotions.

Are you serious? -_-

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

People do things they think will make them happy all the time, when in reality they're not becoming any happier. Sometimes they're even less happy.

Anyways I feel like this is getting off-topic. If any of you'd like to discuss this with me further, feel free to shoot me a PM :)

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png