It's Summer Party Time! - August 2nd, 2012

jayc3399

I love how you consider low level players to not be "worth anything". They ALSO work for their drops: and their drops should to jagex mean just as much as drops from higher level players. Maybe it doesn't influence you as much as a spirit shield. But the person who tries to farm for say whips and suddenly notices jagex sells those; that's terrible.

You're missing the point. Earning a divine at average income is at least 50 hours. Earning a whip at low level income is like 5 MAX (probably less, probably more like 1). There is a difference, on the economy, etc, whether you like it or not.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

vcLn4.png

0KlBV.png

Is it me, or does this sound like an employee sarcastically selling a product he knows is horrible. In other words, his bosses tell him to try to push SOF in some of his posts despite his not wanting to do that. So, the best way to remove a bad rule or order is to take that rule or order to the extreme.

Think of the movie Office Space, instead of flipping off the boss when he keeps suggesting you wear more flair, just wear hundreds of flairs. So if the bosses tell you to push SoF, do it in every post dripping with an unhealthy dose of sarcasm.

PS: Anyone notice the "Don't show me this again" has changed to "Don't show me this for five days"? Seriously? A good product can sell itself without false excitement.

I would not be surprised if IVP told Jagex to start having their employees advertise it or else be layed off/fired. We've seen Jmods who disagree with the update and now suddenly a bunch of them are telling us to buy spins.

I love how you consider low level players to not be "worth anything". They ALSO work for their drops: and their drops should to jagex mean just as much as drops from higher level players. Maybe it doesn't influence you as much as a spirit shield. But the person who tries to farm for say whips and suddenly notices jagex sells those; that's terrible.

You're missing the point. Earning a divine at average income is at least 50 hours. Earning a whip at low level income is like 5 MAX (probably less, probably more like 1). There is a difference, on the economy, etc, whether you like it or not.

Yes on the economy. However jagex should (with their decisions) stand above the economy; they should make game design based decisions. The in game economy is always secondary. From a design standpoint an hour is an hour played. And while someone who plays 10 years earns more in an hour, an hour playing for someone who just started is equally valuable as one hour from someone who constantly farms kiln.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

To everyone thats mad about the squeal advertisements by Jagex employees. You are acting like Jagex was helpful at some point in time

Granted they've never been helpful but never been forcing rwt advertisements down our throats in un-related forum posts until now either. Guess the IVP monster is getting hungry for more player cash again, there greed is insatiable it seems

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

vcLn4.png

0KlBV.png

Is it me, or does this sound like an employee sarcastically selling a product he knows is horrible. In other words, his bosses tell him to try to push SOF in some of his posts despite his not wanting to do that. So, the best way to remove a bad rule or order is to take that rule or order to the extreme.

Think of the movie Office Space, instead of flipping off the boss when he keeps suggesting you wear more flair, just wear hundreds of flairs. So if the bosses tell you to push SoF, do it in every post dripping with an unhealthy dose of sarcasm.

PS: Anyone notice the "Don't show me this again" has changed to "Don't show me this for five days"? Seriously? A good product can sell itself without false excitement.

I would not be surprised if IVP told Jagex to start having their employees advertise it or else be layed off/fired. We've seen Jmods who disagree with the update and now suddenly a bunch of them are telling us to buy spins.

Precisely what I was thinking as well. I am sad to see this happening :/

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

To everyone thats mad about the squeal advertisements by Jagex employees. You are acting like Jagex was helpful at some point in time

Granted they've never been helpful but never been forcing rwt advertisements down our throats in un-related forum posts until now either. Guess the IVP monster is getting hungry for more player cash again, there greed is insatiable it seems

it's not for nothing there are lots of votes to make private investors like ivp an illegal practice in the netherlands (only holding back is that some companies would still sell out & just move away). The are never healthy for a company as they work on short term. And in short term innovation is meaningless, as such if many companies fall victim the economy suffers on the long term.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

That's patently false. For one the number of people who stay playing at high levels is higher than the same number of people percentage wise who stay playing as lower levels. Statistics directly falsify what you said.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I don't think his name would be Mod Bro if he wasn't trolling...

I certainly hope you're right. In either respects the guy is an idiot for even trying to force SoF on people.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

That's patently false. For one the number of people who stay playing at high levels is higher than the same number of people percentage wise who stay playing as lower levels. Statistics directly falsify what you said.

However, (almost) all players who keep playing will trend towards high levels over time, as they are gaining xp.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

next up they'll pm players not spinning ingame to reach there target of 130% player satisfaction, IVPex are dreaming big (£'s that is) :P

Jagex are looking to take the Putin route.

(If you don't get the reference, Vladimir Putin received 107% of the vote in Chechnya. More votes than people actually living there)

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

to be fair, nobody wants to be the person that has to tell putin that he needs to leave his office

people in rs are extremely prone to falling for short term tactics though, so this summer thing will get them to stick around long enough for the next stupid thing anyway

8f14270694.jpg

to be fair, nobody wants to be the person that has to tell putin that he needs to leave his office

people in rs are extremely prone to falling for short term tactics though, so this summer thing will get them to stick around long enough for the next stupid thing anyway

If it made an difference at all I would quit members right now, but me alone wouldn't make an iota of difference with all the bots/players unwilling to quit because they either buy spins or the rwt aspect doesn't bother them. So until it would make a difference I will continue to pay and play a game I quite frankly enjoy, minus the sof/solomon aspect.

• Like 1

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

The only special summer item I've even seen on the summer squeal was the waterballoons. No sharky and george fists for me.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It was supposed to end Sunday night, but probably something glitched and it's postponed to a system update sometime today.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.