It's Summer Party Time! - August 2nd, 2012

jayc3399

Mod Bro shit on my doormat. I conveniently re-sold it to him in a "bawx of chocolates".

The extent of Jagex's updates this year has made me quite glad that I still only play Runescape for the ability to speak with old friends.

It's both saddening and expected to see Jagex go down this path. My real problem with this is how little Jagex will listen to those players who still play Runescape attentively, and have a problem with their latest RWT'ing.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Shameless Jmod SOF advertisements are shameless...thought they'd have more class than pushing buyable spins in replies to RSOF posts..what have you become IVPex....

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

And from another thread

[qfc]291-292-0-63573780[/qfc]

sofmod2.png

Page 341

*continues to throw up*

Thank you for that kick in the nuts, Mod IVP Prod.

Let me stand at Castle Wars in peace.

And from another thread

[qfc]291-292-0-63573780[/qfc]

sofmod2.png

Page 341

*continues to throw up*

Thank you for that kick in the nuts, Mod IVP Prod.

Let me stand at Castle Wars in peace.

Now they are really taking this advertising a bit too far in my opinion...We know the SOF exists, you don't need to put it all over the forums as well.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I was okay until I heard that the Dungeoneering zoom bug got worse. Then I was livid when I saw the troll response.

It's like hoping for a quiet relaxing day only to have a streaker run by your log cabin and shit on your doormat.

...lolwut?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Now they are really taking this advertising a bit too far in my opinion...We know the SOF exists, you don't need to put it all over the forums as well.

But they are only getting 90% player satisfaction. If they advertise it more, maybe they could get 100% satisfaction or even 110%!!

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

next up they'll pm players not spinning ingame to reach there target of 130% player satisfaction, IVPex are dreaming big (£'s that is) :P

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I don't have too much of a problem with Jmods praising the squeal, but on the tech forums?

Sure, there isn't really much those guys can do right there to fix the problem but saying "Our game is broken? Why don't you buy some spins instead?" is just low.

So, I take a one-year hiatus from Runescape, and this happens?

What is going on here?

If not for my brother losing the 50 mil I lent him when I quit, I'd complain. As is, I'm destitute and could do with some free money. I mean, it looks like getting that much money back can't take much more than a week now...

I mean, I have no problem with cosmetics, especially as someone wearing these new cosmetic items is pretty much saying "look, I'm contributing to Jagex's determined ruining of the game!", but this is madness.

Member's Loyalty program cosmetic rewards I'm fine with, but Solomon's General store... no.

...Oh, for the love of Zaros, I just got a spin ticket drop.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Can't we actually get to speak some game reviewers/magazines/... to tell what we, the community, are experiencing? I think this could cause some much needed shaking at IVPex Towers.

Seriously, I'm disgusted by how these Jmods behave.

So.

What are the stats on these swag gloves?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insight_Venture_Partners

A small thing but might get their attention, awhile ago made an edit to their Wikipedia page and included a section about controversial business techniques.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

http://en.wikipedia....enture_Partners

A small thing but might get their attention, awhile ago made an edit to their Wikipedia page and included a section about controversial business techniques.

Well played, that is a positive step into naming and shaming IVP, looking froward to what people think of next

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

So.

What are the stats on these swag gloves?

Official RS wiki has the stats listed now. The highest leveled ones (Shark Fists 4 @ 55 Attack) have +36 stab, +51 slash and +51 str. I don't know the speed, but if we assume claw stats scale linearly between rune and dragon claws, these have (almost precisely) the stats we expect from level-55 claw weapon.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Can't we actually get to speak some game reviewers/magazines/... to tell what we, the community, are experiencing? I think this could cause some much needed shaking at IVPex Towers.

Seriously, I'm disgusted by how these Jmods behave.

magazines don't write about IVP anymore; their articles will always turn the same and IVP in a company means there won't be anything new there. So for magazine/review sites a game has lost all interest once such investors come.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I thought one of the mods said that they would never allow SOF specific weapons to be added (while they were still employed, that is)..

Regardless, this wheel is a joke.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I don't know what to think about it. I don't believe he actually thinks the SoF is fun. I guess he likes gambling? It seems extremely suspicious to see a mod encouraging something widely hated that makes Jagex a fair bit of money. And to bring it up in a tech support thread...

I bet he gets some sort of bonus for promoting the SoF >_<

Like ALG said, paid to troll. Also, ALG, when it's a J Mod supporting the SoF, I DO find it hard to believe believe that an employee is praising his company's product.

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS, HE WINS FREE SPINS BY PROMOTING SOF!

Capz on purpose :P

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I thought one of the mods said that they would never allow SOF specific weapons to be added (while they were still employed, that is)..

Regardless, this wheel is a joke.

I think the quote you are thinking of was actually in relation to abilities in the EoC rather than specific weapons.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

vcLn4.png

0KlBV.png

Is it me, or does this sound like an employee sarcastically selling a product he knows is horrible. In other words, his bosses tell him to try to push SOF in some of his posts despite his not wanting to do that. So, the best way to remove a bad rule or order is to take that rule or order to the extreme.

Think of the movie Office Space, instead of flipping off the boss when he keeps suggesting you wear more flair, just wear hundreds of flairs. So if the bosses tell you to push SoF, do it in every post dripping with an unhealthy dose of sarcasm.

PS: Anyone notice the "Don't show me this again" has changed to "Don't show me this for five days"? Seriously? A good product can sell itself without false excitement.

• Like 1

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I love how you consider low level players to not be "worth anything". They ALSO work for their drops: and their drops should to jagex mean just as much as drops from higher level players. Maybe it doesn't influence you as much as a spirit shield. But the person who tries to farm for say whips and suddenly notices jagex sells those; that's terrible.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.