Daily Challenges & Noticeboard

Dexek

Make 210 addy daggers. Bars cost 479,430gp total.

Xp gained (99 smithing): 33,679. Bag: 6,680 coins plus 40 frost d bones for total (current) gp: 470,400.

Lost about 9,030gp :sad:

P.S. There should be some sort of forgiveness for items lost from strange rocks...

seconcomiha2.png

543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007

9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012

5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013

Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

Xp gained (99 smithing): 33,679. Bag: 6,680 coins plus 40 frost d bones for total (current) gp: 470,400.

P.S. There should be some sort of forgiveness for items lost from strange rocks...

It's based on the GE values. The GE value of an adamant bar right now is 470400 gp for 210 adamant bars.

Edit: I notice that the value of addy bars has dropped recently. So the loss would be because you bought them a little while ago at ~2283 gp each and then they dropped to 2240 gp each when you turned in the task.

If that's what happened...

Noctis666.png

You're 99 already, so do you think the 47k xp is worth the 9k gp given the time you had to spend smithing them? I personally use the blast furnace, which should profit 158k gp so to me it's a nice challenge.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

You're 99 already, so do you think the 47k xp is worth the 9k gp given the time you had to spend smithing them? I personally use the blast furnace, which should profit 158k gp so to me it's a nice challenge.

Obviously wasn't completing this task for the xp... <.<

Just thought I'd share the difference in price of GE and taskmaster's reward.

@Noctis, well I bought the bars and immediately made the daggers/turned in the task, so I'm not sure it would update that quickly. Unless it so happened to update as soon as I did, idk.

seconcomiha2.png

Obviously wasn't completing this task for the xp... <.<

Just thought I'd share the difference in price of GE and taskmaster's reward.

@Noctis, well I bought the bars and immediately made the daggers/turned in the task, so I'm not sure it would update that quickly. Unless it so happened to update as soon as I did, idk.

I guess other explanation is you bought higher than GE cause it didn't drop THAT much, and I agree that they should have something to help when you lose something to a strange rock. That's so annoying. Although for the most part, you won't lose too much. The highest amount I can imagine losing is a torstol turning into a strange rock when cleaning a full inventory of torstols.

Noctis666.png

Haven't really been following this topic so not sure if it's been mentioned,but on page 2 of this thread Mod Jack says they are implementing a system that allows you to disable challanges in any skill you have 99 in,should make 120 dg alot easier if you're already maxed,dg challange every single day.

[qfc]15-16-177-64025252[/qfc]

• Like 1

Haven't really been following this topic so not sure if it's been mentioned,but on page 2 of this thread Mod Jack says they are implementing a system that allows you to disable challanges in any skill you have 99 in,should make 120 dg alot easier if you're already maxed,dg challange every single day.

Praise be to Jack! :pray: This was my first thought on the first day of challenges when 4/5 of mine were for 99 skills that I had no interest in training. But then again, they would have to do something about your last sentence. Rather OP to allow dg tasks every day. But I'd be more than happy to log 200k+ dg exp every day from a task =P~

seconcomiha2.png

Praise be to Jack! :pray: This was my first thought on the first day of challenges when 4/5 of mine were for 99 skills that I had no interest in training. But then again, they would have to do something about your last sentence. Rather OP to allow dg tasks every day. But I'd be more than happy to log 200k+ dg exp every day from a task =P~

Another option is for every two skills that are 99, you can block one of them. That shouldn't be too OP and can block the more annoying tasks.

• Like 1

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

Summer Pies: 331

Cost me 808k - 675k if I hadn't burnt anything. Bought Raw Summer Pies

Reward: 1 Spin, 84k EXP and 4100 Coins + 42 Runite Ore (437k).

I feel scammed. <_<

I feel scammed. dry.gif

dw that one spin makes up for everything

everyone is a winrar@@@@@

I feel scammed. dry.gif

dw that one spin makes up for everything

everyone is a winrar@@@@@

You forgot to add

Dark_Latios_Yay_Animation_Beta_by_realpeanut2004.gif

• Like 2

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I think it's reasonable for Jagex could offer an opt-opt option on these challenges. A simple "decline challenge" that removes that particular challenge from your notice board. Out of sight, out of mind. This can be good for things like summer pies where the reward bag is based on ingrediant prices which drastically increases the time needed to cook 330 pies. Plus, it won't push older challenges down which some players may want to save till a week-end or other convenient time.

nukemarine.png

Or they could release the block some/all skill tasks for 99 skills faster so I can block it. :P

I guess every spin on the Squeal of Fortune is a win though so can't complain.

Unless I am blind, they lied. :(

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Can't you just leave annoying skill challenges like Summer Pies in your daily challenge list, which should block out all future cooking challenges?

a) all challenges disappear after 5 days of receiving them,

b) you can have the same challenge twice.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Can't you just leave annoying skill challenges like Summer Pies in your daily challenge list, which should block out all future cooking challenges?

I've had a challenge on my list for the past 6 days and it still says 4 days left. Any reason for it's continued existence??

seconcomiha2.png

I've had a challenge on my list for the past 6 days and it still says 4 days left. Any reason for it's continued existence??

They only disappear after another task pushes them off the list.

Yeah, so you can never have more than 5 challenges. But if theres a longish task you want to do but not immediately, it can be worth doing a shorter task to keep the other task available until you want to do it.

When you say you can have the same task twice do you mean have it reassigned or have the same task assigned twice at the same time? If the latter, can you please provide some evidence.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Interesting, that isn't how it was made out, Based on the "days left" I had assumed it would simply be lost after that many days. Good to know.

I don't have a screenshot, but I remember having 2 pyramid plunder tasks day of release. Obviously I could be mistaken... :s

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Ok, final challenge post lol. This one will give the best look at price differentials.

250 concentrated gold mined

lvl 99 mining: 20,200 xp gained

250 gold ore @ market price: 54,500gp

challenge reward bag: 914gp + 26 mahogany plank( market price: 53,586gp) = what'dya know! 54,500gp lol, figured

@Platinum_Myr, yeah I felt the same way about the "days left"

P.S. where's my delve into daemonheim? where?

seconcomiha2.png