Daily Challenges & Noticeboard

Dexek

Level appropriateness doesn't have to hurt variety if you exercise careful restraint. Going back to the pyramid plunder example, the highest PP challenge they have you complete is Floor 7, which requires 81 thieving to enter. If we were to look at a window of content say within a 10 level range below and above that floor, there are: gem stalls, King Lathas' chest, Dorgesh-Kaan chest, Flash Powder Factory, Paladins, Gnomes, Heros, Elves, Dwarf Traders. These don't all make it into the list, but they could have to spread the focus away from activities we would have already droned-to-death on. The same applies to fishing rocktails, when no one fishes cavefish despite being relatively close in level requirements.

Do you see what I mean here? I understand why there is currently overlap, bu I'm saying it's unnecessary. When you put so much effort into working out a system designed to break away from the normal day-to-day activities, you would hope that what you implement doesn't undermine that by sending you to the same place you've likely ground levels at hours previously. Especially when lessening what you've offered on release day can help you achieve this goal considering the fact that daily challenges offered on a daily basis are limited to once per day.

I am overlooking the fact that you can do these challenges outside of the Daily Challenge, and I do this intentionally. The system doesn't achieve its purpose without the reward system. It's merely "something to do" which is never heeded by players who gain more than an intermediate-level of knowledge about the game. While this next part is only an opinion, I strongly believe that this archaic system was only continued through to leave the manhours invested in a recommendation system in Burthrope not a completely lost cost. But putting it in new spot will only attract temporary attention as it has no lasting appeal in either educating or entertaining the player base without the reward structure attached.

hzvjpwS.gif

The thing is some of these things you are saying should be included ARE there. I have a challenge to fish cavefish sitting in my system and I have 99 fising, also I entirely disagree that things should be excluded just because they are the main training method.

The system is about variety as in using ALL options, this includes the ones we do anyway; plus it's about giving us ideas of things to do we may not be planning to do as in getting us to go do a few rounds of pp when we might of been planning to sit and cook rocktails. The variety to which they refer does not necessarily mean doing alternate methods it means doing an assortment of things that you may not of thought to do creating variety in your personal day-to-day gameplay.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Has anyone got an image of the Challenge Mystery Bag (in .png format)?

Also could people post the rewards they got?

In the following format:

[skill]: [Challenge] - [skill level] - [XP rewarded (exact figures please, no ~Xk)]

Mystery bag:

[item] [Quantity] [Noted?]

• Like 1

howlin1eeveesig.png

uncut dragonstone/11/yes

grimy torstol/1/no

grimy lantadyme/1/no

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I have the "Defeat any boss in God Wars Dungeon" challenge. Are there any conditions I should be aware of before I try it? Like do I need to do most damage in a FFA/solo? Or does it count if I join a group and we all kill the boss together?

Noctis666.png

Updated Task list (I'll just copy/paste the whole list)

-Slayer task: x47 (5,326xp @ 67 slayer)

-Dagg bones: x5 (2138xp @ 74 prayer)

-Smoke pouch: x4 (1126xp @65 summ) 181 noted pure ess. @ 15.5k gp

-C6 dungeon: x1 did medium 1:1 (101,399xp @70 dung)

-Carved Teak Magic Wardrobe: x120 (19,452xp @71 constr)

-Teak Toy Boxes: x120 (19,452 @72 constr)

-Gem Stalls: x11 (39,337xp @ 80 thieving) world hopped for this one

-Adamantite items: x210 (16,933 @85 smith) 238 rocktail @506k gp

-Kill lvl 145 creature: x21 (16,951 @82 str)

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

So I have 2 challenges which I'm not sure I should complete:

- Make 300 black d'leather items

- Make 120 M'gany items

From what I've heard, both of them are insanely expensive and are not adequately reimbursed.

Is it still true? Should I just not bother with these two?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Yes it's true and you should let them expire if you're looking to break even or profit from those challenges. The exp you receive from them are unlikely to match the gp/xp found by Grimy's spreadsheets.

Looking forward to a populated "Do" or "Skip" or "Either" challenge list. Wonder how long it'll take with 700 challenges.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

Mini-game teleports. Seems to teleport to home portals then gives an arrow.

Conquest - Port Sarim

Flash Powder Factory - Taverly

Stealing Creation - Falador

Pest Control - no teleport (bug?) Should be Port Sarim

Castle Wars - Yanille

Big Top - no teleport

Troll invasion repair - no teleport (bug?) Should be Burthorpe

Dominion - Al Kharid

Temple Trekking - no teleport

Fight Caves - Port Sarim

Troll Invasion fight - no teleport (bug?) Should be Burthorpe

I wonder if this works if you have not unlocked the home teleports.

nukemarine.png

If you get a slayer challenge you can co op it and your co ops kills will count towards your challenge.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

2 Large Sawmill tasks, 89 WC - 24,065 xp

13 Beacons lighted, 95 FM - 54,534 xp

5 Ourg bones, 95 Prayer - 2970 xp

3 Extreme magic potions, 93 herblore - 6179 xp & 5 raw rocktails

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]