Daily Challenges & Noticeboard

Dexek

Looks like they halved the DG XP?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Just did 120 Mahogany cape racks (1.06m gp), got 100 runite ore reward (1.06m gp). Definitely worth doing construction now.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Just did 120 Mahogany cape racks (1.06m gp), got 100 runite ore reward (1.06m gp). Definitely worth doing construction now.

Ahh. Sweet. I was just about to ask if it was worth doing now. Now to make Teak Armor Cases.

Noctis666.png

It seems like Jagex is basing the reward values on the price of the materials at GE mid. If you wildly overpay for materials, then yes you can problably expect to lose a fair amount of cash.

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

I'm still pretty iffy on blowing loads of cash on Construction tasks when I already have 99.

If I get another black hide task I'll give it a shot though. YOLO

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I also think that the rewards are based on the price of the materials at g.e. mid. I've done a lot of challenges that give the mystery bag and I tend to get pure ess and some coins that equal the value of either what I made or the materials for what I made based on ge mid prices. For example, I've done a "String x amount of oak longbows" challenge and got pure ess and some coins that equaled how much I would have spent had I bought oak longbow(u) and bowstring at ge mid as opposed to receiving items equal to the price of oak longbows which are really cheap.

Noctis666.png

Getting 90k xp in contruction for free is a definite plus. I'll making it a habit to compare GE prices of the material to the reward. Even with price fluctuations, this should balance out in the long run as a good way to train many skills you normally ignore until you do bulk training.

Now for the skills that are questionable.

Prayer: loss in gp, but they keep the amounts low.

Combat or slayer: loss in gp assuming you're using potions and food to speed up kills

Firemaking: loss in gp. Pretty high when you compare magic to yew or yew to maple.

To be honest, I don't think there's a reason not to do the daily challenges with regard to cost. Only reason you should avoid it is the time investment since some tasks can take 30 to 60 minutes.

• Like 1

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Not sure if some of these have been mentioned yet or not, but here they are. :P.

Pickpocket 70 elves - 70,250 Thieving XP.

Craft blood runes x 659 - 33,760 Runecrafting XP / Mystery bag with 5 unclean torstol + 21,953 GP.

Complete 6 laps at Dorgesh-Kaan Agility course - 21,480 Agility XP.

Make 3 super prayers (3) - 6179 Herblore XP / Mystery bag with 1 black dragonhide + 3,949 GP.

Light all Beacons - 55,486 Firemaking XP.

All my levels are 99.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Getting 90k xp in contruction for free is a definite plus. I'll making it a habit to compare GE prices of the material to the reward. Even with price fluctuations, this should balance out in the long run as a good way to train many skills you normally ignore until you do bulk training.

Now for the skills that are questionable.

Prayer: loss in gp, but they keep the amounts low.

Combat or slayer: loss in gp assuming you're using potions and food to speed up kills

Firemaking: loss in gp. Pretty high when you compare magic to yew or yew to maple.

To be honest, I don't think there's a reason not to do the daily challenges with regard to cost. Only reason you should avoid it is the time investment since some tasks can take 30 to 60 minutes.

Except when the challenge costs more than the regular methods that give good xp. You still get the xp for the task + a reward. So it works out very well in my opinion. It's great when they give you back what it cost too!

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

24 laps around the Bandos Throne Room Agility Course (70 Agility)

Reward: 15.5k XP

Note: I was assigned this challenge without having done Land of the Goblins or the Chosen Commander, so it appears you can receive skill-related challenges that require uncompleted quests... (I obviously had to complete these two to do the challenge.)

Deathlord920.png

Made 20 war torts. Had to give him the pouches.

Price checked: 159,680 gp worth of shells, shards, and pouches

Reward:

1212 exp in summoning and 2013 pure ess( Price checked for 163,053) and 27 coins

I guess gold charms are worth 170 gp each.

Edit: Just finished making 120 Teak Armor Cases for another challenge.

Current GE mid price for Teak planks is 944 so 339,840 gp all together.

Reward: 19452 exp

20 uncut dragonstone( price checked: 331,080 gp)

8,760 gp cash

Noctis666.png

Did the 120 mahogany costume boxes challenge.

Med price of a mahogany plank is 2258, used 240 of them for the challenge so 541,920 gp used total.

Reward was 19452 construction experience (not counting what I got from making the tables) and 15 grimy torstols plus 165 gp. Med price for grimy torstol is 36117 so 541920 gp reward total.

Seeing as how the 165 gp seems a little random, I'm guessing that they're using it as a balancing entry to make sure the reward and costs are the same.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

No, you're not. But unless the challenge rewards you receive back are from "tiered" tables, couldn't you also just run the risks of getting 300 rocktails back each time or something equally skewed?

My task was to make 10 Zamorak Brews, which involves Torstols. I got roughly the same amount back in return, the loss was because I bought some materials for a little higher so yeah.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No, you're not. But unless the challenge rewards you receive back are from "tiered" tables, couldn't you also just run the risks of getting 300 rocktails back each time or something equally skewed?

According to Jmods the returns are balanced based on GE mid values, it's not a literal case of items handed in being re-handed out. It's a case of the items being possible rewards (in any amount required to match gp values) were chosen to match items being handed in so as to not have items disappearing. (eg rocktails going up as suddenly loads r going into tasks not being sold).

As for the troublesome tasks the Jmods mentioned in livestream tasks were value balanced based on the cheapest way to do it so smith x items or craft x items worked from 1 bar and 1 hide items costs; hence this week those tasks were altered to be be smith x daggers and craft x vambs

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue