Daily Challenges & Noticeboard

Dexek

So apparently there's a bug where you'll receive a challenge that says "Loot Urns in Rooms 6 & 7" for Pyramid Plunder. It says this in the noticeboard, and when you pin the task. But looted urns in room 6 don't actually count towards the challenge, only 7.

gGcXb.png

You have already looted this.

When you complete and turn in the challenges though, it only says "Loot Urns in Room 7."

So I've got to send in a bug report for that lol.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm wondering about the Daemonheim challenge. Does the size of the dungeon affect the reward? I'm 70 dng so I'll try the med size for s&g's and report what I got.

Task list

Kill lvl 145 creature: x21

Slayer task: x47

Dagg bones: x5 (2138xp @ 74 prayer)

Smoke pouch: x4 (1126xp @65 summ)

C6 dungeon: x1 did medium 1:1 (101,399xp @70 dung)

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Only done two out of my list so far:

Runespan XII: Craft 145 laws/bloods/deaths (the amount is interchangeable so 30 deaths + 45 laws + 70 bloods, etc.) -- ~30k EXP reward

2 Graahk Pouches: Craft 2 Graahk Pouches -- ~1k Summoning EXP

Are the item rewards actually worth roughly what you spent, or is that only in Jagexes mind?

Not in my experience. I had to make 16 Mithril swords in the Artisan workshop. It was the first time I'd done it so cocked up a few times and ended up using 20 ingots. So it used up a total of 600 mithril ores and 2400 coals. My reward was 250 (I think) raw rocktails. So I spent in the region of 785k and got a reward of about 550k. I suppose it's not THAT bad when you consider the XP that I got from making those swords (was getting in the 90%+ accuracy by the time I'd got the hang of it at the end) and the extra bonus xp as well.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Item return value does seem to match up pretty well, sometimes a bit under (but small enough margin to be like well the xp makes up for tht) sometimes a little over.

I had 10 sara brew task 4.1k per nest, 3.2k per toadflax so total spend of 73k, I got like 74k worth of pess back

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I did 331 summer pies (cost like 800k), and got returned 28 rune bars (360k), so lost quite a bit there. Especially as I used bake pie spell. Though I did pay quite a bit overprice for raw summer pies, as I couldn't be arsed doing them from start. So the prices match quite evenly to the GE prices of those items. Have to remember that you can't always get the raw materials you need for the GE price, at some cases not even close.

I really liked doing daily challenges, so my almost only concern is the 1 per day limit. It's too little for any even semi-active player. 5 per day would be good. Also no tasks for skills you already have 99 in, would be good (if possible). Another concern is the dungeoneering xp reward, which seems ridiculously high. Also the summoning and prayer tasks need to have more units for more xp. Getting a daily challenge of burying 5 frost bones just doesn't really cut it. Takes 1 minute, and you get 2k bonus experience.

Other than that, nice update with alot of potential. :P

u5zhkTY.gif

Judging from values I've seen it works on the GE value of composite ingredients of what you hand in.

Taking the summer pies from above:

(760+221+68+48)*331=363k

760gp - pie shell

221gp - cooking apple

68gp - watermelon

48gp - strawberry

So assuming it *did* all buy at ge mid value a 360k return is pretty spot on in terms of money. Though as you said you over-paid and used bake-pie spell so it was bound to come at a high cost.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I handed in 7 addy ore and got back 7 addy ore 4k gp and 17k mining experience - seems like a good trade off to me :)

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Maybe it's their way of offsetting the poor solo xp rates.

• Like 6

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I liked them, but as other have said the one a day seems kinda drab.

Maybe for example have 3 a day, all of a varying length, an easy one, ( 5 bones, or 3-10 summoning pouches, etc), a medium one ( like fish/cook 40-70 fish, or make 70 urns, etc), and a hard one ( rampages, all other high skills ones).

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Although I think it's a bug, we don't know how often the dungeoneering challenge will roll around. Maybe this is all on purpose on the ideas mentioned above, and that you're not getting this all the time.

By the way, it's a nice system for the casual gamer. I usually just log in for simple daily stuff (staffs, jack of all trades, spins) but I can see myself doing simple challenges if they pop up and saving longer challenges for the weekend.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

All things considered, this has come at a good time for me. I have goals in game, but they are only in skills I don't enjoy. This gives me something else to do while I whittle away at the skills I don't like.

• Like 1

Although I think it's a bug, we don't know how often the dungeoneering challenge will roll around. Maybe this is all on purpose on the ideas mentioned above, and that you're not getting this all the time.

By the way, it's a nice system for the casual gamer. I usually just log in for simple daily stuff (staffs, jack of all trades, spins) but I can see myself doing simple challenges if they pop up and saving longer challenges for the weekend.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with the exp payouts for challenges. After all you can only get one challenge a day and a maximum of 5. I think the system is really good overall, it just feels like a nice daily bonus in a random skill you wouldn't normally do.

Sylpheed.png

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with the exp payouts for challenges. After all you can only get one challenge a day and a maximum of 5. I think the system is really good overall, it just feels like a nice daily bonus in a random skill you wouldn't normally do.

It's interesting that you phrase that last sentence in that way. "Something you wouldn't normally do." Yet c6 floors, slaying any assigned monster, pyramid plunder, and fletching yew longbows are all top training methods for their skills. (Fletching is debatable, but it's one of the more cost effective methods compared to sinking millions into broad arrows.) I saw the daily rewards system as a way of revitalizing some of the more odd or forgotten content.

Don't get me wrong, I love this system and my only substantial gripe is that there are too little daily challenges given per-day. And I know in the first two days we've only experienced a small portion of what this very large system has to offer us. However, the system seems to miss the mark if it's directing you to use the already popular methods of training their respective skills.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's interesting that you phrase that last sentence in that way. "Something you wouldn't normally do." Yet c6 floors, slaying any assigned monster, pyramid plunder, and fletching yew longbows are all top training methods for their skills. (Fletching is debatable, but it's one of the more cost effective methods compared to sinking millions into broad arrows.) I saw the daily rewards system as a way of revitalizing some of the more odd or forgotten content.

Don't get me wrong, I love this system and my only substantial gripe is that there are too little daily challenges given per-day. And I know in the first two days we've only experienced a small portion of what this very large system has to offer us. But it seems to miss the mark if it's directing you to use the already popular methods of training their respective skills.

There's 700 of these *some* of them are bound to touch on the normal content, especially in higher levels were the variety of level appropriate actions narrows down substantially.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I did 331 summer pies (cost like 800k), and got returned 28 rune bars (360k), so lost quite a bit there. Especially as I used bake pie spell. Though I did pay quite a bit overprice for raw summer pies, as I couldn't be arsed doing them from start. So the prices match quite evenly to the GE prices of those items. Have to remember that you can't always get the raw materials you need for the GE price, at some cases not even close.

I really liked doing daily challenges, so my almost only concern is the 1 per day limit. It's too little for any even semi-active player. 5 per day would be good. Also no tasks for skills you already have 99 in, would be good (if possible). Another concern is the dungeoneering xp reward, which seems ridiculously high. Also the summoning and prayer tasks need to have more units for more xp. Getting a daily challenge of burying 5 frost bones just doesn't really cut it. Takes 1 minute, and you get 2k bonus experience.

Other than that, nice update with alot of potential. :P

I had this same task and noticed that raw pies weren't buying for a reasonable price. I assumed that Jagex likely wouldn't compensate, so instead I spent 2 hours making raw pies (super boring). Turns out you can make about 750/ hour. I ended up selling 1500 pies for a profit of 1300/pie, which is just shy of 2m. Not huge profits by any means, and making the 1m/hour definitely wasn't worth it. I originally did it as I assumed you would be able to make 5m/hr, but quickly found a bug in my algorithm...

w4M8t.png

I think the system could be improved in that if you've cleared all five tasks a new one could spawn. That would promote doing some of the more less desirable tasks if you don't want to wait five days for it to fall off.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

There's 700 of these *some* of them are bound to touch on the normal content, especially in higher levels were the variety of level appropriate actions narrows down substantially.

Higher levels are not restricted to higher level content only. What they advertised as the purpose of this system is undermined by activities like that. If they do choose methods like that, they should maybe consider twisting them. Taking tasks from Chaeldar instead if you have Kuradel "unlocked" as a slayer master, or fletching rune brutals, or looting the sarcophagi (which is undone due to the mummy) of the room. Tiny tweaks like that address the issue of not undermining their goal while preserving the integrity of offering high leveled daily challenges.

hzvjpwS.gif

Higher levels are not restricted to higher level content only. What they advertised as the purpose of this system is undermined by activities like that. If they do choose methods like that, they should maybe consider twisting them. Taking tasks from Chaeldar instead if you have Kuradel "unlocked" as a slayer master, or fletching rune brutals, or looting the sarcophagi (which is undone due to the mummy) of the room. Tiny tweaks like that address the issue of not undermining their goal while preserving the integrity of offering high leveled daily challenges.

True higher levels CAN do lower level content, but the key phrase that they used is "level appropriate", mining tin or copper at level 80 odd mining is possible but it certainly is not level appropriate. Using slayer masters equally isn't level appropriate. And there are plenty of challenges that are alternate methods not normally used like making urns or black d-hide items for crafting, making various furniture for construction, catching or cooking specific foods etc.

Like I said yes some of them touch on the preferred methods, but not all do there is plenty of quirks and variety in there if you care to look throughly at the entire 700 of em.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love this system and my only substantial gripe is that there are too little daily challenges given per-day. And I know in the first two days we've only experienced a small portion of what this very large system has to offer us. However, the system seems to miss the mark if it's directing you to use the already popular methods of training their respective skills.

I meant in the context of what a player does on a daily basis it isn't what one would normally do. An example being; I could be focusing on training Slayer and not have time to train thieving yet get a challenge that I can quickly do for a worthwhile amount of experience.

I can see exactly why they decided not to give us 5 challenges a day, some of them can take quite a long time to complete so they probably didn't want players to feel like they had to spend a considerable amount of time doing challenges instead of training normally.

Sylpheed.png