Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind the Scenes - November

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Nico Robin
[ Display Name History ]

Nico Robin

Bear Fur

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 472 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Ingui
  • RSN2:Nico Robinne
  • Clan:Good Karma
One of the best months for a haul of updates.

899th to 120 attack! August 9, 2014~!

Gwasha
[ Display Name History ]

Gwasha

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • RSN:Gwasha
  • Clan:HashtagSWAG

I think you're all overlooking the fact that xp in a team of 5 will still be better than solo so in reality it's not killing the team aspect at all.

Regardless, it probably won't affect team dungeoneering too much since it'll still be the best.

Eh, I think it will eventually. There'll be a lot less people coming up from DGing who would be able to qualify for today's 5:5 standards, as they can just take the easy way out and solo and not have to deal with "shit teams in bad worlds" (And therefore can't be lured to come and try proper dging with proper teams).

Quality has already dropped immensely over the past few months in DG. This certainly won't help.

That^
Posted Image

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Make x improvement looks good. Saves me a trip to Google docs to find prices and experiences. Haven't dunged in a year plus but it was all solo in f2p so part of me doesn't want exp rates to go up out of spite.

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer
With the dung update this is the best update in the year for me.

I was happy at the daily task reward 0_0 But doubling the xp rate has been necessary since the beginning. I have managed 62m on my own, so the other 42m will have an extremely satisfying xp rate compared to what I have already done atm. It wont feel overpowered at all but something thats necessary.

I can say that when its double xp weekend, the xp rates seem about right. It doesnt seem like a double xp weekend, it seems like a 'this is what it should of always been' weekend. Unlike rc xp rates in older times, solo dung just seemed too slow to train considering there was 104m for the top level. (99 aint so bad though.) Team xp seemed about right but not the solo side of it. Sometimes its less enjoyable when an xp rate seems like it isnt calculated properly, asin when its being underpowered, ditto for when its overpowered.

No offence to the jmods but I expect I can get better xp rates considering the amount of time I have put into that skill lol. So although I think doubling the xp rates is necessary, (While also more than I ever hoped for.) I be interested in seeing what actually comes out of this.

I like bunch of the other updates too but I donno what to think until I see them. I still manage to do tears of guthix out of nostalgia more than anything so that is nice that we getting a bigger bowl... (Keeps up with the revamped xp rates I guess.)
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

-snip-
That^

That might have more to do with how high 5:5 standards are these days and how few people are really willing to teach others. The fact that a lot of the 'experts' have 120/200m isn't helping in that regard.

That skill is quite inaccessible if you're not already good at it. This is a bonus for those of us that play at our own pace.

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
bots solo dg'ers rejoice!

Seriously >.>, removing randoms now this, do they even care anymore?
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
>jagex introduces free trade, sgs and squeel
>wonders if they care anymore

logic says they stopped caring a lonnnggg time ago, and various bot stopping stuff is just PR waffle
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Wait, randoms actually did stuff to bots?

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

I personally think moving DG away from being fundamentally a team-based skill is an unfortunate step in the wrong direction.

This is how I feel. DG was meant to be team-based, for better or worse. To remove that part kills the integrity of the skill.

And leeching doesn't..? (This isn't necessarily aimed at anyone.)

Right. Leeching doesn't.

You're paying other players for skills you yourself do not have. In other words, you're substituting other benefits for you lack of teamwork.

So yes, DG is meant to be team-based and rewards those with the necessary skills.

I just have to disagree. I feel that if you don't train the skill in some form, you don't deserve the levels. Hence why I have a low dungeoneering level, etc. To pay someone then do nothing for 15 minutes or less then get more xp than I would in hours is just not fair, regardless of the "team aspect." If I were to go to a dungeoneering world, as I have in the past, chances are it's going to be extremely difficult to find a genuine team amongst all the leech teams.

To clarify, dungeoneering is team-based, yes. However, to reason that solo experience getting better is worse for the skill is hypocritical if all you base it on is the intent of the skill. Dungoneering was not meant to be a buyable skill, regardless of how you try and rationalize. You can claim it is "emergent gameplay" or whatever, but you are still being hypocritical of the intent of the skill, regardless.

But is any skill intended to be a buyable skill? The buyability of any skill is a direct result of player institutions that develop.

Take Smithing. I don't think Jagex's intention was for players to buy bars, smith them into stuff, then sell them. More likely it was meant for players to make sure of the ores they mined to produce combat equipment they require. Would you say that being able to "buy" smithing is against the intend of the skill?

I have to disagree with this point. DG and smith are fundamentally different because smith follows in a long line of "production" skills like fletch, fm, craft, cook, etc; DG on the other hand is not a production skill and indeed doesn't follow the trends of any other skill to date. To me it's fairly clear that JaGeX's attempts to make the skill as non-afkable as possible until leeching came along is one of its trademark quirks that sets it apart from most other skills, but I suppose all of this depends on whether or not you put much stock in authorial intent.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None
Or it will be like when Clan Wars was introduced. It got more people "hooked" and interested in serious clanning. The same thing could happen with DG where people solo and enjoy the high exp rates and want to do more 5:5 floors for the even higher exp rate.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
This looks good-I'm especially looking forward to more XP for solo Dungeoneering. Hopefully this update will make it a viable option in F2P, because as it stands it's really not.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

That might have more to do with how high 5:5 standards are these days and how few people are really willing to teach others. The fact that a lot of the 'experts' have 120/200m isn't helping in that regard.

That skill is quite inaccessible if you're not already good at it. This is a bonus for those of us that play at our own pace.

^ This. You get instantly better when you can bind 3 items at lv100, and it is really hard to remember that you have to be aware of players without 3binds if you yourself already have them. (Let alone 4 binds from 120!)

Right now I have found generally 3 classes of DG player;

Most dg'ers I've found are either already high level and skilled and they learned when others were also learning with them, or are very low level and don't have the patience to learn the skill on their own. While there are exceptions many of these high level dgers aren't teaching lower level players how to learn to get better. This frustrates the low player because they feel that they can never catch up and are always too slow to be helpful.. High players see the low players as "unskilled" instead of "untrained"

Now.. if only Jagex would implement a better version of dgsweeper into the game that just permanently kept the map up and marked all key doors and who's gatestones were where..... :s

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
3rd bind isn't that huge at all, nor is it that hard to find good teams. But you do need to have a clan or group of friends, you can't use themed worlds or Jagex' auto-group rooms, which means that the most obvious dungeoneering resources are also the most misleading ones and are actually barely/not helpful.

Imo there should be the possibility to form teams and start floors in Clan Citadels to promote dungeoneering clans.

I don't think solo dungeoneering should be competetive xp. Considering the time and effort it takes to put a team together, the xp rate for soloing should be half of the 5:5 rate.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

the_korny
[ Display Name History ]

the_korny

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 262 posts
People complaining that 5:5 DGing will suffer missed the line that it will still be the fastest method of gaining exp. So you can keep your family doctor team. As it is now, the upper echelon of teams that are full of angry efficiency experts have isolated themselves into a Catch-22 where no new individuals can join their ranks. "You got one mime emote wrong! Never DGing with you anymore."
I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
posting here ranting is inefficient, should be watching inception and dging, and teasing da noobs

trolling aside, I like the looks of this month, lots of needed updates, nd faster dging is good, as it is a very hard skill to get into without the right connections...
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

posting here ranting is inefficient, should be watching inception and dging, and teasing da noobs

I support this motion, especially in regards to Inception.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
I definitely support Inception!

3rd bind isn't that huge at all, nor is it that hard to find good teams. But you do need to have a clan or group of friends, you can't use themed worlds or Jagex' auto-group rooms, which means that the most obvious dungeoneering resources are also the most misleading ones and are actually barely/not helpful.

Imo there should be the possibility to form teams and start floors in Clan Citadels to promote dungeoneering clans.

I don't think solo dungeoneering should be competetive xp. Considering the time and effort it takes to put a team together, the xp rate for soloing should be half of the 5:5 rate.

I would *love* to be able to start dungeons from clan citadels.

My experience is that 3rd bind has enabled me to worry less about having food.. Then again I had hood before and so I couldn't tank anything without prayer. Now with primal chain (haven't had time to hunt for plate) I can do pretty well and not worry so much about having tons of food. It wasn't about decreasing floor time as much as it helped me decrease death rates :)

I do think that team xp should be faster *counting* time spent putting teams together... so the xp/floor. should be quite a bit higher since you don't lose time putting team together, and this allows for team to be still faster.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I'm happy about the dung update because it allows me to dung on my own clock without feeling like I'm wasting my time. Zaaps is just mad because he sells floors, the 120 dung prods are mad because they had to spend hundreds of hours figuring out dung, and I'm happy because I don't have to spend 400 hours learning how to dung nor do I have to put up with doing 1 hour larges for exp.

Deletion
[ Display Name History ]

Deletion

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 280 posts

I really can't decide if this is going to cause team dungeoneering to go to shit or not.

On one hand there's going to be a whole lot less people wanting to dungeoneer in a team as solo xp rates will be close to those of 5:5, but on the other hand those that do want to dungeoneer in a team will generally be those who want maximum efficiency and generally (from my experiences anyway) make better team-mates.

Earthman
[ Display Name History ]

Earthman

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 127 posts
This month is going to be fun. I absolutely love the Dungeoneering update, I've been waiting for this for a very long time. Now it's finally happening!

terravir.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users