06-Nov-2012 - Tears of Guthix update

Arceus

XP gain from Tears of Guthix is now three times greater than before, or even as much as five for high-level crafters and miners among you. With a full graphical rework, technical improvements and an extra access option to top it all off, spinning a yarn for Juna has never been smoother, more compelling or more rewarding.

Tears of Guthix: Go with the Flow

If you've never tried Tears of Guthix before, it's a cool D&D located under Lumbridge which - after completing the short Tears of Guthix quest - can be played up to once a week for a handy XP boost to your lowest-levelled skill. It's steeped in RuneScape lore too, as you'll tell stories of your adventures to Juna - a serpentine servant of Guthix - in exchange for a short time catching the XP-giving tears.

The first thing veterans among you will notice is the full graphical rework. Juna, now super-sized and draped across the entrance to the tears alcove, makes for an imposing sight as she unravels the skeins of your fate. The tears themselves now make for a stunning cascade down the beautifully re-rendered walls, and the light creatures shimmer eerily as you make your way through the cave.

junarw_thumb-01160038.png

We've multiplied XP gain in the cave by three times, bringing it in line with equivalent areas of gameplay. The biggest boost comes to high-level players, though. Those of you with 80 Crafting and Mining can make an ornate and extra-large bowl for up to five times the XP gain you'd have got before the update.

We've made some technical tweaks so that switching between the streams of tears is quicker and feels more responsive. We've also updated the Games Necklace so it can be used to teleport directly to Juna's cave. The new interface we've built for it includes keyboard shortcuts so, it's quicker and easier to use than ever.

Whether it's your first time collecting the tears, it's a cozy part of your weekly routine, or you've been waiting for a reason get back into the flow, it's the best time ever to drink deeply from the Tears of Guthix.

Mod Wilson

How to start Tears of Guthix:

• First, you must complete the Tears of Guthix quest, which has the following requirements:
    • 44 Quest Points
    • 20 Crafting
    • 49 Firemaking
    • 20 Mining

[*]You may then complete the D&D once per week, but you also need to have obtained at least one of the following since you last collected the tears:

• 1 Quest Point
    • 100,000 XP. This can be shared across any number of skills.

Other requirements:

In order to craft the improved bowl, you must have at least the following. You will then be able to talk to Juna to begin the process of making the bowl:

• 80 Crafting
  • 80 Mining

Behind the Scenes Video

If you haven't already, you can take a whistle-stop tour of the Tears of Guthix content in our latest Behind the Scenes video:

In Other News

• Solomon's Store is now stocking Dragon Keepsake Keys. One of these handy objects will allow you to convert any wearable item into a cosmetic re-skin for your gear, so you can truck down into the QBD's lair with your p-hat proudly on display. Log into Solomon's General Store to treat yourself, or check out our FAQ if you have any questions.
  • Later this week, Yelps will be introducing D&D Tokens onto the Squeal of Fortune. Fancy an extra go per week on Tears of Guthix? Look out for more details, coming soon!

[spoiler=Patches]Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

The Ritual of the Mahjarrat no longer stops you from logging out.

The enchanted key in Making History no longer directs you to an incorrect location.

Diamond in the Rough is now a prerequisite for Icthlarin's Little Helper.

Skills & Minigames:

The ectoplasmator now works correctly with banshees.

Magic potions now - correctly - require a Herblore level of 36 to use, as stated in the Skill Advance Guide.

Other:

The Monks on Entrana now give your beasts of burden a more thorough pat-down.

Wicked robes no longer lose their custom colours on death.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Are you sure those are the patch notes? I remember a lot of them from the previous update...

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Are you sure those are the patch notes? I remember a lot of them from the previous update...

Oops, they are the old ones :P. The new ones are now posted and I'll change it momentarily.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

[hide=Patch notes]

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

The Ritual of the Mahjarrat no longer stops you from logging out.

The enchanted key in Making History no longer directs you to an incorrect location.

Diamond in the Rough is now a prerequisite for Icthlarin's Little Helper.

Skills & Minigames:

The ectoplasmator now works correctly with banshees.

Magic potions now - correctly - require a Herblore level of 36 to use, as stated in the Skill Advance Guide.

Other:

The Monks on Entrana now give your beasts of burden a more thorough pat-down.

Wicked robes no longer lose their custom colours on death.

[/hide]

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Made me a big bowl.

Got 213 tears (as opposed to ~130-140 I usually got pre-update).

Those 213 tears got me 63,900 thieving xp, as opposed to 9k-11k pre-update

Very nice.

• Like 1

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Been wanting something like the 'Keepsake Keys' for a long time. It'll be nice to go to Gwars or slayer wearing a set of iron or steel.

I think it's 1 key per item, so if you buy the 1 keepsake key, you can wear the helm or platelegs.

Dart.jpg

Been wanting something like the 'Keepsake Keys' for a long time. It'll be nice to go to Gwars or slayer wearing a set of iron or steel.

I think it's 1 key per item, so if you buy the 1 keepsake key, you can wear the helm or platelegs.

Yup, I intend to buy the x6 bundle for 396 coins. Still have the original 200 so it won't cost me much :wink:

rohanlord.png

Sounds like some nice changes. :P I've honestly been really slacking with my ToG. I'll have to get back into it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Can someone post a pic of the Dragon slot thing? Like the equipment interface n' such.

There's no real interface. You get an item in your bank, and you just use whatever you want on it. Then the item will be available in the customization menu like all other Solomon's items.

"Unbound dungeoneering items are allowed by default (providing they pass all of the above checks of course) however, these items cannot be reclaimed, once used with the keepsake box they are gone forever. "

So yeah, you want to walk around in Runescape in full primal? Now you can!

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

"Unbound dungeoneering items are allowed by default (providing they pass all of the above checks of course) however, these items cannot be reclaimed, once used with the keepsake box they are gone forever. "

Time to see how bad the clipping with capes is :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I WANT THIS SO MUCH. I still don't really like the cosmetic overlays though, full primal/saggi/celestial might be a bit of fun anyway

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Observation:

I find it interesting how several items from the SoF, and now SGS, are allowed to be brought into Daemonheim. It suggests that there are things that can resist (and perhaps are even more deadly than) the virulent taint of Daemonheim.

Seriously these updates keep pushing towards buying RuneCoins, I swear ... might just tip over if the hero packs are really good.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.