Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Ultimate Trimmed Completionist Cape!?!??!?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
I got 114,073 years, but yeah, either way you can get it in no time. Only takes the whole course of human history. Non-stop.

Rjk
[ Display Name History ]

Rjk

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • RSN '07:Rjk
There has been some bad threads on these forums, but this may top them all.

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

I got 114,073 years, but yeah, either way you can get it in no time. Only takes the whole course of human history. Non-stop.

Actually yeah, you're right lol. I originally read it as 114.073 but it's 114,073.

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
Obtain every drop possible from every monster in Runescape, up to and including Corporal Beast (with all 4 sigils). Rare table drop can be from any monster, but must have both the lowest possible and the highest possible values for any given drop (IE for yew logs, must have both a 100 log drop and a 20000 log drop).

Obtained 2.1B slayer tasks complete in a row

Complete the entire list of achievement twice, once on each gender.

That oughtta keep the player busy

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

thingummywut
[ Display Name History ]

thingummywut

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • RSN:Thingummywut
I'm actually going for a thing like this. Most of the stuff I do in RS aren't trimmed completionist cape requirements. My requirements for a task to complete are rather different, though, since I want to be able to finish it some day.

I have a huge spreadsheet where I mark every task. I'm going through wikia's hidden update data, antique update data, patch notes and regular updates and collecting all finishable things from those. I do not include stuff like max cash or 200M skills as I see those as arbitrary tasks set by community.

At the moment I have tasks like "21.4.2009, Observe: God's name changing colour when hitting 40 kill count in God Wars Dungeon"

Yes, most of them are silly like that but I feel they are additions to the game that every completionist like me should have noticed at some point.

The list is far from complete at the moment. I might post it here if I ever get it done.

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Obtained 2.1B slayer tasks complete in a row

This would take even longer than Cwars games. Let's at least keep the list to things that are actually possible in a human lifetime.

Piu
[ Display Name History ]

Piu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Piu
  • Clan:EoE

Complete the entire list of achievement twice, once on each gender.

That oughtta keep the player busy

LOL! This tops all the challenges in this whole thread.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

vmser
[ Display Name History ]

vmser

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,852 posts
  • RSN:vmser

All locations (squares) visited/stood upon. Precisely. Every single square. Now good luck keeping track of which you have visited ;)

First off: That'd lead to both huge safefiles and huge lag.
What about places you can't reach anymore? (I.E. the black hole, revamped areas, ..)
Posted Image

Piu
[ Display Name History ]

Piu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Piu
  • Clan:EoE
Obviously this isn't going to be implemented into the game, silly. It's just the list of things that would actually mean that you completed the game, and there is literally NOTHING for you to do anymore. :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Philosophically then, you could say you don't need to play two billion games of everything. Only enough to have experienced winning, losing and drawing, as well as earning enough tokens/points to claim all of the items.

After that, it doesn't matter if you play another two billion games; none of those games will carry an experience which you haven't already felt before, albeit on varying magnitudes.

I think that's what really frustrates people about the 5K Castle Wars requirement. You don't need a cape to show you like minigames or have experienced them; you playing there regularly is self-evident of that fact. Even those of us who wax lyrical about RuneScape's minigames wouldn't argue that people should be forced to play them. We'd be quite happy if completionists only needed to play it once for the cape, then anyone who fancies staying can do so out of free choice. The way it's set-up now just kills the game, it really does.

MPM
[ Display Name History ]

MPM

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:MPM
I'm listing only things that could actually be done in a lifetime.

Pick up every item that respawns in the game at least once.
Equip and deal 1000 hp of damage with every weapon.
Equip and absorb 1000 hp of damage with every piece of armor. (damage absorbed is divided by the number of pieces of armor you have on).
Get a needle from every haystack.
Drink a beer from every beer barrel.
Retrieve 1 resource item from every fixed resource point(mining rocks, chopping trees).
Consume 1 of every consumable. Yes. This includes easter eggs and pumpkins.

~M

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Philosophically then, you could say you don't need to play two billion games of everything. Only enough to have experienced winning, losing and drawing, as well as earning enough tokens/points to claim all of the items.

After that, it doesn't matter if you play another two billion games; none of those games will carry an experience which you haven't already felt before, albeit on varying magnitudes.

I think that's what really frustrates people about the 5K Castle Wars requirement. You don't need a cape to show you like minigames or have experienced them; you playing there regularly is self-evident of that fact. Even those of us who wax lyrical about RuneScape's minigames wouldn't argue that people should be forced to play them. We'd be quite happy if completionists only needed to play it once for the cape, then anyone who fancies staying can do so out of free choice. The way it's set-up now just kills the game, it really does.

Castle Wars needs more capes for achievements (most flags, most kills, maybe scoring w/o armour, scoring within the first 2 minutes, kill a flagholder etc) instead of grind requirements. Of course, sadly, these achievements would probably just be boosted.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Pinata
[ Display Name History ]

Pinata

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • RSN:Pinata

Obviously this isn't going to be implemented into the game, silly. It's just the list of things that would actually mean that you completed the game, and there is literally NOTHING for you to do anymore. :P

Then you do it again!

Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Then you do it again!

And after that?

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  • RSN:Thai tong
Can you see how many castle wars games you have played through some in game interface? If games played is only displayed on the website then you could go above max cash limit as the website does not have the same number limit (it can display 4billion total game).

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Then you do it again!

And after that?

Naturally, make a hiscore table for how many times people have done it.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Gwasha
[ Display Name History ]

Gwasha

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • RSN:Gwasha
  • Clan:HashtagSWAG
Max KC at GWD (4k each type) and max kc at barrows.
Posted Image

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Max KC at GWD (4k each type) and max kc at barrows.

What is the max kc at Barrows?

Cow
[ Display Name History ]

Cow

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Renoux

Then you do it again!

And after that?

Do it 8.8734232e+16 more times = (rough) math of how many characters you can create. Not perfect as that's only 12 character accounts, but you get the idea. Do it a few bazillion more times until you LITERALLY cannot do anything else on RS. Edit: anything quantifiable.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Mylez
[ Display Name History ]

Mylez

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,743 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dyze
1,073,741,733.5 hours of Castle Wars? I'm ok with this.

Edit: 114,000 years... WHAT?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users