The Ultimate Trimmed Completionist Cape!?!??!?

HappyNooblet

Complete the entire list of achievement twice, once on each gender.

That oughtta keep the player busy

LOL! This tops all the challenges in this whole thread.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

All locations (squares) visited/stood upon. Precisely. Every single square. Now good luck keeping track of which you have visited ;)

First off: That'd lead to both huge safefiles and huge lag.

What about places you can't reach anymore? (I.E. the black hole, revamped areas, ..)

Vmser.png

Obviously this isn't going to be implemented into the game, silly. It's just the list of things that would actually mean that you completed the game, and there is literally NOTHING for you to do anymore. :P

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Philosophically then, you could say you don't need to play two billion games of everything. Only enough to have experienced winning, losing and drawing, as well as earning enough tokens/points to claim all of the items.

After that, it doesn't matter if you play another two billion games; none of those games will carry an experience which you haven't already felt before, albeit on varying magnitudes.

I think that's what really frustrates people about the 5K Castle Wars requirement. You don't need a cape to show you like minigames or have experienced them; you playing there regularly is self-evident of that fact. Even those of us who wax lyrical about RuneScape's minigames wouldn't argue that people should be forced to play them. We'd be quite happy if completionists only needed to play it once for the cape, then anyone who fancies staying can do so out of free choice. The way it's set-up now just kills the game, it really does.

• Like 1

I'm listing only things that could actually be done in a lifetime.

Pick up every item that respawns in the game at least once.

Equip and deal 1000 hp of damage with every weapon.

Equip and absorb 1000 hp of damage with every piece of armor. (damage absorbed is divided by the number of pieces of armor you have on).

Get a needle from every haystack.

Drink a beer from every beer barrel.

Retrieve 1 resource item from every fixed resource point(mining rocks, chopping trees).

Consume 1 of every consumable. Yes. This includes easter eggs and pumpkins.

~M

Philosophically then, you could say you don't need to play two billion games of everything. Only enough to have experienced winning, losing and drawing, as well as earning enough tokens/points to claim all of the items.

After that, it doesn't matter if you play another two billion games; none of those games will carry an experience which you haven't already felt before, albeit on varying magnitudes.

I think that's what really frustrates people about the 5K Castle Wars requirement. You don't need a cape to show you like minigames or have experienced them; you playing there regularly is self-evident of that fact. Even those of us who wax lyrical about RuneScape's minigames wouldn't argue that people should be forced to play them. We'd be quite happy if completionists only needed to play it once for the cape, then anyone who fancies staying can do so out of free choice. The way it's set-up now just kills the game, it really does.

Castle Wars needs more capes for achievements (most flags, most kills, maybe scoring w/o armour, scoring within the first 2 minutes, kill a flagholder etc) instead of grind requirements. Of course, sadly, these achievements would probably just be boosted.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Obviously this isn't going to be implemented into the game, silly. It's just the list of things that would actually mean that you completed the game, and there is literally NOTHING for you to do anymore. :P

Then you do it again!

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Can you see how many castle wars games you have played through some in game interface? If games played is only displayed on the website then you could go above max cash limit as the website does not have the same number limit (it can display 4billion total game).

Then you do it again!

And after that?

Naturally, make a hiscore table for how many times people have done it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Then you do it again!

And after that?

Do it 8.8734232e+16 more times = (rough) math of how many characters you can create. Not perfect as that's only 12 character accounts, but you get the idea. Do it a few bazillion more times until you LITERALLY cannot do anything else on RS. Edit: anything quantifiable.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Do it 8.8734232e+16 more times = (rough) math of how many characters you can create. Not perfect as that's only 12 character accounts, but you get the idea. Do it a few bazillion more times until you LITERALLY cannot do anything else on RS.

(Think) I did it properly:

Create (6.765811784 x 1018 - 1) new accounts, max them as well. RS completed.

Due to each one taking at least 75-100k years (multilogging the castlewars/other similar stuff maybe) enjoy spending six hundred sextillion years finishing RS.

[hide] but the cape will have a special trim!@[/hide]

• Like 1

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Then you do it again!

And after that?

Do it 8.8734232e+16 more times = (rough) math of how many characters you can create. Not perfect as that's only 12 character accounts, but you get the idea. Do it a few bazillion more times until you LITERALLY cannot do anything else on RS.

Except have fun

• Like 1

I came up with another one:

Get every possible, unique treasure trail item there is at least once, from completing clues yourself. With unique I mean items like third age armour, god armour, heraldic armour and such, which you can only get from treasure trails. You wouldn't have to get every single amount of different arrows and such for it to count; If you would get 1 saradomin arrow for example you wouldn't have to get 2 and 3 and 4 and so on for it to count as you had got that item. It would be enough to get it once.

Good luck with doing all those clues :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Some silly ideas:

Mine every single rock in runescape (I have actually done this!)

Chop every tree, craft every craftable object, kill every monster, fletch every fletchable object etc.

Collect every rare, then destroy them all.

Buy the maximum possible number of runecoins. Could be anything from 2k runecoins to 2b runecoins.

Buy out the Grand Exchange by creating hundreds and hundreds and between them, offering max cash for every item.

Interact with every npc/item in every possible way.

I personally count as a comleteable anything that is permanent about your character, can be viewed by the player, and can be maxed out. So the number of castle wars games played counts, as (i) they are permanent (ii) can be viewed by player (iii) can be maxed out.

But the number of trouble brewing games played isn't 'completable', even if the jagex servers store that information, as the player cannot view it.

Using this as a guide, other examples not included in the trimmed comp requirements would be:

Reach 255 in endurance and climber mode in Dominion Tower.

Collect all optional quest rewards, like all 5 lamps for running supplies to Burthorpe archers, the one-time craft and prayer exp for making an illuminated holy book etc.

Collect a piece of all hybrid armour (the armour itself is not permanent, but the increased probability of obtaining a piece is).

Unlock all rewards from the crucible.

Unlock the highest tier in Windstalker and Duelist hats.

That's all I can think of for now.

What about completely upgrading both the Dueling Arena Hat and Wilderness Hood?

It isn't something that is impossible to do unlike all of the other stuff you guys keep mentioning.

How about the impossible (to prove) version: upgrading both hats completely without using any stand-ins to fight (so only legitimate opponents)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014