Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Crew wants you!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Xena Dragon

The Crew Wants You!

This recruitment drive will run until November 25th, 2012, midnight GMT.

Tip.It's Website Crew is currently looking for enthusiastic members to join the team! The Crew is a team of volunteers dedicated to the upkeep of the main help-site. If you've ever had an interest in being a part of it all, or think you have any skills that could make the site even better, you're looking in the right place! The Crew has many available positions each requiring very different skills and interests, there's something for everyone. Before applying, you should know a little bit about how the Crew works. It is important to not glamour a position up, as one may find the Crew was not how they expected it would be when they applied.

First off, Tip.It is non-profit organization - All staff positions here are entirely voluntary. Those putting their time into the site are working purely for the bettering of Tip.It. If accepted, you will be required to make somewhat of a commitment to put enough time into your position and in-game research whenever necessary. Crew Training and Crew Work requires time to accomplish and without this commitment, you will not be able to meet deadlines and work as a team.

Secondly, although web design, coding or mapping skills are an asset, lacking them will not stop us from welcoming you aboard. We can teach you what you need to know, so our only request is you have a willing attitude to learn whatever interests you and time to spend on the site. Knowing some basic HTML, however, is highly encouraged as it will allow you to work on many different areas of the web site.

The Crew is very close with the rest of the Staff, and as a Crewbie you will have the opportunity to meet and work with all existing staff to help better the site. Overall, the Crew is a fantastic social and learning experience, and definitely a worthy investment of time.

With the upcoming Evolution of Combat update to RuneScape, a lot of information on items, monsters and various guides will need to be scrutinized and updated where needed. With your help, we can be sure our visitors will keep getting the high quality content they have come to expect.

Positions

These are the various positions waiting to be filled within the Crew and the skills involved. Note that as a Crewbie, while your position will determine the main focus of your work, you will always have the chance to branch out into other areas whenever you want.

Still interested? Excellent! To apply, you will need to fill out the following application and PM it to Staff_Applications. Please make Crew Application: <your name here> the PM subject.

Remember:

• PM your application to Staff_Applications - do not post it on this topic!
  • Put Crew Application: <your name here> as the Subject
  • Remember, this application is one of the main things you will be evaluated on! Please take your time to make a good impression
  • IMPORTANT: Read every question and answer every question to the best of your ability
  • Crew applications will run for two weeks and end at midnight GMT on November 25th, 2012.
Without further ado:

Application - Read Only

In Code Tags - Copy From here!

REMEMBER - Just be yourself. Trying to appear different simply to impress us will probably not make matters better. You won't be the same 'false self' all the time. Take your time with your application; they are not being run on a first come, first served basis. Each and every application will be reviewed by the current Crew members and the Admin team. We consider applications very carefully, and even if you are declined, we may still contact you at a later date asking if you still want to join the crew.

We are looking forward to reading your applications! :) If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post on this topic. Do not post your application here.

Xena_Dragon
Tip.It Crew Leader

Submit an Application | Send me a PM

Xena_Dragon.png

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I just want so say for emphasis, please do not rush your application. We don't finalize the list of who will be invited until after the competition closes, it doesn't matter if your the first or last person to send it in. However, there is serious consideration of the application itself, especially if we don't know very much about you from posts on the forums we have seen, or previous submissions to the website, so at the risk of making all the crew hopefuls nervous, please do take your time when writing your answers, and also give yourself some time after you write it to walk away and do something else, and then come back and read it again before you send it to us.

Take your time and follow the directions :)

And with that out of the way, I want to wish all the crew hopefuls good luck, and if people have questions about being on the crew that they want to ask before they submit an application, please ask away.

b6brc9.jpg

Dragonkng198
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonkng198

Biggest Nub on Tip.It

• Members
  • 906 posts
Good luck to everyone who applies, I look forward to harvesting your souls when you join <3:

Stats

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Fire Essling
[ Display Name History ]

Fire Essling

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • RSN:Fire Essling
  • RSN2:My Essling
  • Clan:Looking for one, rs3&07
Good luck to everyone who applies!

Posted Image

Website corrections ~ Items & Shops ~ Bestiary ~ Quests ~ Maps & Calculators

Rare Drops/Splits (Feb 2013 - ??)

HappyNooblet
[ Display Name History ]

HappyNooblet

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • RSN:HappyNooblet
  • RSN '07:HappyNooblet
  • Clan:Primacy
looks like the EoC took a big toll on the website crew based off of the amount of positions that are opened :o

waAhvEI.png

Ezee
[ Display Name History ]

Ezee

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • RSN:Zeei
Good luck to everyone applying!
Posted Image

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • RSN:Xena Dragon

looks like the EoC took a big toll on the website crew based off of the amount of positions that are opened :o

It's not that those positions are completely vacant. Various positions have room for more than one crew member.

Xena_Dragon.png

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
Good luck everyone. :) I can't wait to see your applications!
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
Good luck to you all. Being part of the Tip.It team is a blast. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Octarine
[ Display Name History ]

Octarine

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Octarine
  • RSN2:Octarune
  • Clan:Primacy
Good luck to all who apply! :D

Blog of DG, Bossing (mostly Glacors) and stuff - Runetrack

Posted Image
Play Safe! Posted Image - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
All the best guys, just be yourself in your applications and let your passion do the rest. :)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Baffler
[ Display Name History ]

Baffler

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • RSN:Baffler
Good luck to those that apply :)

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor
Best of luck to all the applicants! :)
Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Naive
[ Display Name History ]

Naive

Il Ganodermo

• Members
  • 1,419 posts
  • RSN:Naive
  • RSN2:Sman25000
  • Clan:HYT
Good luck to all who apply, it'll be nice to see new faces here :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.

351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN!QFC: 90-91-310-65710712

n_odie
[ Display Name History ]

n_odie

N. In Charge!

• Members
  • 5,383 posts
  • RSN:N_odie
Hope anyone who is interested takes the time to apply. It is a lot of work and commitment but you make friends that transcend your time on staff. You learn skills that you can use outside of Tip.It. Overall, it’s a great experience! Put your app in if you feel you can handle the commitment. :)

Posted Image
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

jimmy_jim
[ Display Name History ]

jimmy_jim

"Fly me to Muse"

• Members
  • 4,784 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Hope anyone who is interested takes the time to apply. It is a lot of work and commitment but you make friends that transcend your time on staff. You learn skills that you can use outside of Tip.It. Overall, it’s a great experience! Put your app in if you feel you can handle the commitment. Posted Image

<3:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Hope anyone who is interested takes the time to apply. It is a lot of work and commitment but you make friends that transcend your time on staff. You learn skills that you can use outside of Tip.It. Overall, it’s a great experience! Put your app in if you feel you can handle the commitment. :)

^^^^^^

My time on Tip.It Crew has been my most memorable RuneScape experience yet! I got to meet and work with a lot of amazing people, and it was fun every step of the way (even when Dungeoneering was released and Pokemama and I wanted to claw our eyes out at all the work that had to be done.)

It's better to apply and not get the position, than it is to WANT it and not bother applying.

Good luck to everyone! :)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Deathmath
[ Display Name History ]

Deathmath

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,608 posts
EoC is really going to make for a lot of crew work. Good luck to the applicants.
Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
I would love to get back on crew again, but unfortunately due my work schedules, as well as being in the worst time zone possible, is not going to win points here for keeping up with crew work.

(Reminds me the days where KiaraKat was the leader)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis

(Reminds me the days where KiaraKat was the leader)

She really knew how to keep workers on track, huh? :lol:
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users