20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

Just went to F60 Med to try out the tougher bosses. Got Kalger at level 198, which implies 990 attack and 990 defense. Good stuff.

Then I proceeded to hit him almost every attack I made, and the poor guy didn't even hit above 500 on me ever. When he picked up the longsword I decided to use the combo attack Assault, and the first swipe sent him flying over the lava to pick up the staff. I teled back home to loadout my ranged setup, and when I got back, he had flown back over to get the 2h. lol.

Whole kill took like a minute-ish? Didn't need to eat at all.

EDIT: Oh yeah, they removed the ability to use Surge in dungeons. And I was just enjoying dashing across rooms from door to door instantly ...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Can you still use Escape while facing backwards? :P

Unrelated: I REALY dislike how the combat triangle is so heavily emphasised that hybriding in PVP is effectively mandatory now. Abiities were meant to add strategy, but they just don't -- it's a game of rock-paper-scissors with the size of your ingame wallet being the tiebreaker.

Can you still use Escape while facing backwards? :P

Unrelated: I REALY dislike how the combat triangle is so heavily emphasised that hybriding in PVP is effectively mandatory now. Abiities were meant to add strategy, but they just don't -- it's a game of rock-paper-scissors with the size of your ingame wallet being the tiebreaker.

Exactly. I never understood why Jagex insisted on the obsolete rock paper scissors type of combat triangle, as opposed to Starcraft's three types of races-- all of which are completely different, but basically equal.

77yLQy8.png

Why in the unholy name of Zamorak is Akrisae's War Mace a melee weapon when his robes are magic gear?

Even better, why is it about half as strong as all of the other Barrows weapons?

Since they don't seem to want to turn it into a hybrid weapon, it would make sense to turn it into a one-handed weapon since the next strongest one-handed crush weapon is the dragon mace. It even uses the one-handed animations.

I used to be able to kill Bork with black d'hide, whip, defender and ee for healing. Now you have to bring more expensive armor into the wilderness like Bandos and food like shark to kill Bork.

And they forgot to adjust the skeletal horros's hp to eoc, so it was 1 hit and its the next stage.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

This has got me thinking, all these people doing Temple trekking, and similar activities where it appears they haven't properly updated the monsters health/damage(or perhaps they have?), are they going to be filed under "bug abuse" or "exploitation" and get banned?

there's so much happening right now, they'd have to ban everybody in order to cover the activity

i'm not even joking

Well, I had mainly Temple Trekking on mind(since I have been doing that for the last couple of days); since supposedly it's super easy now(and thus one of more noticeable oversights on their part). A few people have made posts about it on RSOF; surely there can't be that many people doing TT and it would be easy to track, that's what worries me.

I can confirm that the Rigour and Augury prayers have the same drain rate as Piety: 1 point lost exactly every 0.3 seconds with a 0 prayer bonus.

Running some tests on the effect of Prayer bonus on the drain rate of prayer points. I think it's changed. I'll post again when I know for sure.

This has got me thinking, all these people doing Temple trekking, and similar activities where it appears they haven't properly updated the monsters health/damage(or perhaps they have?), are they going to be filed under "bug abuse" or "exploitation" and get banned?

Definitely not

77yLQy8.png

Another downside of multi everywhere: summoning is ludicrously overpowered now. Unless you have 99 summoning, it's pretty much not worth bothering with PVP combat -- steel titans are basically "it's normal combat, but you get a +4000 damage boost to each and every attack", and they're pretty much invincible now.

I used to be able to kill Bork with black d'hide, whip, defender and ee for healing. Now you have to bring more expensive armor into the wilderness like Bandos and food like shark to kill Bork.

And they forgot to adjust the skeletal horros's hp to eoc, so it was 1 hit and its the next stage.

Can't you get to the tunnels east of varrock?

• Like 1

09144a99bb.png

They may have upped the difficulty of dunge, but at least solo, it's still a total cakewalk. After deciding that trying to maul it wasn't a spectacular idea (though I remember dragon fire being a lot more lethal than that, I could have taken a couple more hits easy), I made myself a rapier and took him down. The much reduced damage made it the longest fight except the trio boss, who keep spending half the fight immune to me (but that's okay becuase I just charge up my adrenaline while I wait). The combat triangle means nothing, except perhaps if I encounter a super mage, they might be difficult to hit. And my auto attacks seem to be in momentum mode since most of my abilities hit at about 1100, and my auto attacks are regularly in the 1200-2300 range.

Another downside of multi everywhere: summoning is ludicrously overpowered now. Unless you have 99 summoning, it's pretty much not worth bothering with PVP combat -- steel titans are basically "it's normal combat, but you get a +4000 damage boost to each and every attack", and they're pretty much invincible now.

My experience using Steel Titans is that any noob with a dragon weapon can take them down in a few hits. Extremely disappointing considering they're so good now.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

i think there's something wrong with this emote

jab.png

also, keep in mind that when you're using dg weapons, promethium/primal are level 90 and 99 and hit accordingly, so those damage levels are accurate

bosses with 5:5 don't take quite as much damage per hit but they still get the crap kicked out of them anyway

8f14270694.jpg