20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

So, has anyone figured out where wizard gloves come from? Killed tons of wizards but only got the wands and books. Hopefully not a clue scroll reward?

I was also killing wizards for an hour. No gloves, my exact thoughts were is this a clue scroll item?

On another note, has anyone found an " off-hand leaf bladed sword", killed kurasks for an hour and only got 2 normal LBS. Turoths are swarming with bots. Either these items are really uncommon or they just didn't put them in yet.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Apparantly they are an uncommon drop but theyre only 1 def and pretty bad.

I'm finding combat pretty easy tbh.I air surged my iron dragons task, needed no food or anti pots with rejuv and still got a fair amount of metamorphsis off while either was on cooldown.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

Yeah, RSWiki said they were uncommon, so I went to kill some wizards. 7 wands and 6 books later, I'm questioning the accuracy of that statement, along with the fact that they don't buy instantly in the GE for 50k.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I had the strangest experience last night – while down in the LRC last night, for a period of time, it appeared that neither my Vampirism nor my Soul Split were healing me much at all, despite making massive hits on targets while, at the same time, I was getting badly mauled while wearing Bandos gear.

Eventually, I had to telly out and recharge my prayer and heal – and when I returned moments later, all the sudden it seemed that I was taking no damage at all … :unsure:

Oh -- and has anyone else seen the glitch with the Addy H4 platebody? Gadzooks, it made my tummy hurt just looking at it! :blink:

nyuseg.png

On another note, has anyone found an " off-hand leaf bladed sword", killed kurasks for an hour and only got 2 normal LBS. Turoths are swarming with bots. Either these items are really uncommon or they just didn't put them in yet.

I'm willing to bet that they haven't been added yet, based on a similar amount of time killing Turoths (And a similar number of swords). The alternative is that they're rarer than the normal swords or we're both unlucky.

On the plus side I learned that the leaf-bladed spear was pretty cool. Fast speed with the strength of an average speed weapon.

Just got a pop-up saying Diango has my exp book from doing the tutorial on the beta servers.

74k exp on any skill unlike the ones in the live game. Haven't received my Mad Scientist outfit yet though.

Yup, me too. Nearly got another attack level out of it. :)

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Absolutely loving this update so far. Was afraid this update would be the end of combat and DG for me, but far from it, I've never been more motivated for Slayer and DG, lol.

Side question, does anyone know the XP rate chinning/barraging Skelemonkeys? I know they were nerfed on release day, but I heard they were going to buff them slightly again soon.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Haven't received my Mad Scientist outfit yet though.

Those of you who are eligible for the Mad Scientist Outfit and/or the Combat Academy survey XP reward from the EoC Beta will receive your items today!

On log-in, you will receive a notification (or two notifications if you are eligible for both items) in your message box and you can collect your rewards from Diango in Draynor Market Square.

If you took part in four or more Combat Beta events and - as such - are eligible for the Mad Scientist Outfit, you just need to ask Diango for any outstanding holiday items he has.

If you're eligible to receive the XP reward from taking the Combat Academy survey in the EoC beta period, he will tell you he has an item for you, and the XP can be acquired from the dusty tome he will hand over. Simply activate the item and choose the skill in which you wish to receive the XP reward, which will be ten times as much as you'd receive for redeeming a Jack of Trades reward in that skill!

Thanks again for your participation in the Evolution of Combat Beta. Enjoy your rewards!

The RuneScape Team

[qfc]311-312-16-64108896[/qfc]

Edit:

Please bear with us as we're still in the process of rolling out both rewards, it's likely that you'll receive the Combat Academy XP first and the Mad Scientist Outfit later. You should be receiving both, assuming you're eligible, within the next few hours.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Having everywhere be multi is retarded. Safe FFA is a mess where you can't take one step inside without being instantly annhilated by giant clans.

Single-Way Wilderness

Basic Ability

"Toggle between using single-way and multi-way combat while in the wilderness. Changing this setting takes 10 seconds and will be interrupted if you perform any actions or are attacked while changing. This setting is retained across death and log-out."

Maybe take some time to know what you're talking about before throwing a temper tantrum.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Having everywhere be multi is retarded. Safe FFA is a mess where you can't take one step inside without being instantly annhilated by giant clans.

Single-Way Wilderness

Basic Ability

"Toggle between using single-way and multi-way combat while in the wilderness. Changing this setting takes 10 seconds and will be interrupted if you perform any actions or are attacked while changing. This setting is retained across death and log-out."

Maybe take some time to know what you're talking about before throwing a temper tantrum.

Safe FFA Clan Wars portal is not in the wilderness.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Oh wow, I checked the examines on these items:

Backpack: "Ridiculously overpowered!"

Gloves: "I preferred the alpha scientist gloves."

Shoes: "Wrecks the economy!"

Head: "Totally unbalanced!"

Torso: "All I wanted was the moon on a stick but all I got was this torso!"

Legs: "Seriously, who tested this?"

Oh Jagex. +1

• Like 15

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Single-Way Wilderness

Basic Ability

Which isn't actually in the wilderness.

I'd much rather have the old single/multi zones back and tagging removed considering nearly no one pked multi anyways and pvm is a tag griefing/pidding fest. What was wrong with single combat zone, xp/hit and giving drops to the person that hit most?

The combat academy is in the game still so would completing that give you another book like todays one or books like in the EOC beta?

Completing the entire thing again, getting all legendary gives you another 21 books.

The combat academy is in the game still so would completing that give you another book like todays one or books like in the EOC beta?

Completing the entire thing again, getting all legendary gives you another 21 books.

All of which are equivalent to the Jack of Trades books, and only usable on combat.

Slayer is included in that, by the way.

Roughly 290k Slayer xp today from the Survey and the Academy books. Neat.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

All of which are equivalent to the Jack of Trades books, and only usable on combat.

It would seem I was answering a question I made up :wacko:

I'm willing to bet that they haven't been added yet, based on a similar amount of time killing Turoths (And a similar number of swords). The alternative is that they're rarer than the normal swords or we're both unlucky.

On the plus side I learned that the leaf-bladed spear was pretty cool. Fast speed with the strength of an average speed weapon.

After another hour of killing kurasks, another 2 standard leaf swords, also a 5 magic seed drop from the rdt,. After that I went to turoths under Summona and killed for another hour, no luck on the swords, but i did get 2 mystic bottoms and 5 torstol seeds.

On a side note, not entirely sure, but with a leaf bladed sword in the main hand and an offhand chaotic rapier both were doing damage to turoths.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Slayer is included in that, by the way.

Roughly 290k Slayer xp today from the Survey and the Academy books. Neat.

so is herb

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!