20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

Cant have multiple wyrms up but your cannon can hit other peoples wyrms. Annoying as [bleep].

Supposedly, cannons have no impact on who did the most damage, so it just makes kills faster for everyone.

They should allow "communal" cannons to be set up at slayer hotspots where anyone can throw in some cannonballs to help everyone else :P

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Here is another example which I'll try to further explain:

Notes:

- Abilities used are based for a duel wield meleer.

- Basic, not basic class, abilities typically use 0.25 seconds testing the first 5 abilities in rotation. This means you should expect some minor discrepancies in timing despite perfect form.

- CD means Cooldown

[hotbar slot] Ability (type, cooldown):

[1] Slice (basic, 3 sec)

[2] Punish (basic, 5 sec)

[3] Smite (basic, 10 sec)

[4] Sever (basic, 30 sec)

[5] Fury (threshold, 20 sec)

[6] Destroy (threshold, 20 sec)

[7] Fenzy (ultimate, 60 sec)

[1] Slice (basic, 3 sec), 1/12 adr - 1 second cooldown (1 second elapsed)

[2] Punish (basic, 5 sec), 1/6 adr - 1 second cooldown (2 seconds elapsed)

[3] Smite (basic, 10 sec), 1/4 adr - 1 second cooldown (3 seconds elapsed)

[4] Sever (basic, 30 sec), 1/3 adr - 1 second cooldown (4 seconds elapsed)

[1] Slice (basic, 3 sec), 5/12 adr - 1 second cooldown (5 seconds elapsed)

[2] Punish (basic, 5 sec), 1/2 adr - 1 second cooldown (6 seconds elapsed)

{Able to use either [5] Fury (threshold, 20 sec), [6] Destroy (threshold, 20 sec)}

[1] Slice (basic, 3 sec), 7/12 adr

* [auto-retaliate: 1 second] (7 seconds elapsed)

[3] Smite (basic, 10 sec), 2/3 adr - 1 second cooldown (8 seconds elapsed)

[1] Slice (basic, 3 sec), 3/4 adr - 1 second cooldown (9 seconds elapsed)

[2] Punish (basic, 5 sec), 5/6 adr - 1 second cooldown (10 seconds elapsed)

[1] Slice (basic, 3 sec), 11/12 adr

* [auto-retaliate: 2 second] (12 seconds elapsed)

[3] Smite (basic, 10 sec), 2/3 adr - 1 second cooldown (8 seconds elapsed)

{Able to use [7] Fenzy (ultimate, 60 sec)}

End note: As you can see about 2/3 through the rotation I had to rely on a couple seconds of auto-retaliate damage. After some messing with the initial basic abilities I found that you generally couldn't escape the "time-waste" of auto-retaliate. In general this serves as a good rotation to learn from. I wish I could place within the elapse what abilities "popped (came off cooldown), but walking through the rotation, while practicing on a dummy, proved too much mental strain as it was.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Global ability cooldown is 3 ticks (1.8s), not 1s :P

This effectively allows you to use your lowest levelled basic (Slice, Piercing Shot, Wrack) every other turn to farm adrenaline.

6Ij0n.jpg

Global ability cooldown is 3 ticks (1.8s), not 1s :P

This effectively allows you to use your lowest levelled basic (Slice, Piercing Shot, Wrack) every other turn to farm adrenaline.

Give me a *bleep*ing break :P. I wasted 90 minutes of my life writing this out hoping for a nomination into the main site guides section!

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm frustrated.

Today, all I wanted to do were my weeklies and dailies (JoT, Jade Vine, ToG and Skeletal Horror) but all I did was getting riled up. I had no clue whether or not my gear would still work. This was a continuation of yesterday's ire where I found out to my dismay that my daily Bork trip would either be significantly harder or significantly changed. The changed prayers worked just as awfully as I had feared, meaning the Dagon'hai mage could continuously do rather significant amounts of damage on my sorry ass, and the method of combat I used up until EoC was safespot Ranging, which I could usually do without eating food, but now Bork's minions had significantly more accuracy and damage potential. I was getting bent over like a out-of-place rusty nail sticking out of a beam. I knew something was up beforehand because I was getting piled and rather severely damaged by a group of aggressive Earth Warriors. Ranged also did pitiful amounts of damage on Bork and my adrenaline didn't rise fast enough to do any decent damage (especially not since I was forced to eat), and I wasn't able to look-up Bork's weakness beforehand because it wasn't posted anywhere yet (it's Crush, by the way) so I just had to wing it. Unsuccessfully. I had to teleport out of the cave having used up all my food.

But I digress, today I didn't want to suffer the same fate. So I looked up what the Horror was weak to. Nothing had been updated either. I tried to look up whether my Goliath gloves still functioned as crush weapon. Nothing had been updated about it yet. For [bleep]'s sake, I was frankly tired of this bullshit. I just want to kill things. I don't want to make several new items, I don't want to spend millions getting new gear, I don't wanna spend more hours Dungeoneering for decent gear, I don't want to personally look up all weaknesses for my future fist-recipients. I just wanna kill. This is an escalation of the feeling I had yesterday when I was tasked to kill Abyssal demons. I could honestly say that the annoyance of having to do research beforehand and regearing was not made up by the improved killspeed. Which had me yesterday closing my Runescape tab faster than I usually do, I did not heed much attention to it but it became clear to me when I closed my RS tab today after I found myself getting severely pissed off.

People may say that finding new ways of combat is a fun experience (I found it wasn't), that the ability is an improvement over the game before (I didn't feel all that thrilled by it) and the new ways of chatting would grow on me (I'm still severely annoyed by this). People say that it has only been a day and I should give Jagex time (but I honestly shouldn't, they felt it was "good enough" to be released the 20th). Prior to this I was lukewarm to the EoC, I noticed the potential for greatness and the need to give all combat styles more exposure, but I didn't like that it was replaced by ability spamming. A day since its inception and I found I just don't like it.

After having closed my tab, I was contemplating whether or not to simply end my subscription now. I've spent way more time on this game than I should've and I seriously felt like this might be the ideal time to end. People might say this is more engaging combat, but if this is the way Jagex wants to "evolve" the game, I'm not sure if I want to be part of it.

[/rant]

• Like 2

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

^ True it can be annoying finding this info out BUT the same process was gone through before EoC for every new monster that ever came out.

The only difference is that atm we all have to rediscover this info for everything and it's not like it's going to be a longterm issue. Give rune hq, tip.it and zybez maybe a month or so and they should have most, if not all, of this data up plus rswiki will probably have it up in a matter of a week or so. Plus for monsters that are just around they are unaggro (mostly) anyway so u can target things as u pass by them to note weaknesses for future reference.

I haven't been on a huge amount thus far but I have already started storing what I need to know, such as bork being crush, abby spectres being arrows, gargoyles being water; just need time for it become 2nd nature.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Warrior pretty much sums up my concerns aswell, and mine extend to dungeoneering aswell - some may say it's easier now, I say it's a [bleep]ing mess about.

I've found myself skilling again and playing MUCH less - can see this being the end for me.

Has anyone gotten an offhand black weapon yet?

I've got 3 offhand black claws but those were converted in the change. No idea if the monsters that drop black weapons drop the equivalent offhand.

Kinda OT, sold 10 offhand white claws for 850k. Yum.

6Ij0n.jpg

But I digress, today I didn't want to suffer the same fate. So I looked up what the Horror was weak to. Nothing had been updated either. I tried to look up whether my Goliath gloves still functioned as crush weapon. Nothing had been updated about it yet.

Skele horror is still pretty much the same and has no new weakness to speak of and actually hits quite pathetically. If you get any accurate info on its LP each stage you should probably contact a crewbie cause I screwed it up when I was checking yesterday afternoon :s

hzvjpwS.gif

Hell, the skilling interfaces - ie. When making staves it gives you all sorts of info taking up your screen room - are so in your face that it makes me positively claustrophobic.

Right click the XP button, you can toggle the new screen off.

Edit - Oh yeah, I keep seeing people confused by the whole combat/skill level deal. So for those unaware, if your weapon is sheathed (on your back), then your skill level will be visible to other players. If it is unsheathed, ready for slaying, then your combat level will be visible. If you don't know how to toggle this effect out of combat, simply right click the minimise button on the action bar and you can toggle it there. Hope that clears up any confusion.

I_Am_Moses_2.png

Can you still powertrain magic and range at Ape Atoll monkeys? If so, what supplies do you need?

just magic. you'll get the crap kicked out of you if you try ranged.

monkeys can't take much damage though. kind of a shame.

you'll also need some source of healing to maintain your presence

8f14270694.jpg

Skele horror is still pretty much the same and has no new weakness to speak of and actually hits quite pathetically.

I'm not sure if it's been brought up to date yet. I tried it today to get information for Warrior (Who, unfortunately, left before I got the chance) and almost one-hit it at the first stage.

They have significantly buffed up the Penance Healers, so now it takes forever to kill them, and it requires the combined efforts of two healers, and collectors to use eggs as well. Any word on what's the deal with that? A lot of people have gotten irrititated with that and left BA(which was pretty empty to begin with). Unfortunately for me, I was there the eve of the EOC release trying to fill my horn, the next morning post-update it was awful and now I can't find any teams during most of the day. It sucks. They buffed them up particularly without increasing the rewards proportionally. If they have made any posts about it, it'd be nice if someone can re-post them here.

They have significantly buffed up the Penance Healers, so now it takes forever to kill them, and it requires the combined efforts of two healers, and collectors to use eggs as well. Any word on what's the deal with that? A lot of people have gotten irrititated with that and left BA(which was pretty empty to begin with). Unfortunately for me, I was there the eve of the EOC release trying to fill my horn, the next morning post-update it was awful and now I can't find any teams during most of the day. It sucks. They buffed them up particularly without increasing the rewards proportionally. If they have made any posts about it, it'd be nice if someone can re-post them here.

they were actually told about this issue but apparently they didn't have enough time to fix it

the healers weren't actually buffed, it's just that the system didn't adjust the poison damage properly

8f14270694.jpg

they were actually told about this issue but apparently they didn't have enough time to fix it

the healers weren't actually buffed, it's just that the system didn't adjust the poison damage properly

I see, so then I take it that this will be fixed sometime in the near future?

I see, so then I take it that this will be fixed sometime in the near future?

SHOULD and WILL are two different things.

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

Has anyone gotten an offhand black weapon yet?

I've got 3 offhand black claws but those were converted in the change. No idea if the monsters that drop black weapons drop the equivalent offhand.

Kinda OT, sold 10 offhand white claws for 850k. Yum.

Yeah, claws are the only ones I can find.

If anyone gets me an offhand black longsword, I'll give them 1m.

Seems like there are still plenty of things to be fixed. Especially dungeoneering seems to be ridiculously easy now. According to most of those who I speak to anyway. I haven't tested it out yet though. All I have been doing combat wise is to test it out on a few monsters just after the update. Then I have been cooking, fishing and now capping in citadel lol. Probably one of few focusing on non-combat skills/activities at the moment :P. Still though, I love this update. It's buggy and need to be adjusted, sure. But we still got a new combat system that is working. Perhaps not perfectly, but still according to me is way better than the old one. And abilities are cool :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Did the kiln in 45 minutes today-- gradually getting faster. I used momentum the whole time too >_> (I hate using abilities)

Penance aura is really OP right now-- didn't need to use a single dose of prayer potions, and I had soul split and turmoil/torment/anguish on practically the whole time. Basically effortless full hp/prayer :D Used 3 full void sets for damage/accuracy boosts. Used water surge w/ polypore, veracs flail, and black salamander. Would probably be slightly faster if I had chaotic staff, chaotic maul, and used my royal xbow, but I doubt it's worth it.

Sold onyx for 3.75M, which is 400k less than the one I sold yesterday morning :\ Oh well, still a fun and consistent 5M/hr, not too shabby.

77yLQy8.png

<<<snip>>>

But they haven't taken it away from mages. F2P has access to wands, don't they? Pick up a batwing wand and you're set.

Also i hate to ask, but why not look into one of the new shields? Antifire's defenses aren't that good and there's nothing in F2P that requires its special effect.

<<<snip>>>

How about you use an even better batwing shield with that new batwing wand? All with your lovely, just-threaded bat robes. You'll be like a purple batman, but with actual superpowers :P .

And D.V. Look up. Things are getting brighter. We actually have rune arrows. Best update all year.

<<<snip>>>

Dude... Magic has shields, they are the Batwing Shields and Splitbark Shieds, buy them from the GE. Don't be that guy who tries to finds faults in everything, but doesn't investigate. If you still want to use Anti Dragon shield, use a Wand and that shield, Bam problem solved.

And now I hit all 3 of you with the big problem: Those new wands don't give infinite of any runes, do they? I happen to need the Fire Staff because I stopped crafting Fire Runes a long time ago, due to need for the extra slot in my pack for other things. Also, I've taken notice of my RuneCrafter Robes being rendered useless. So, loss of RC'er Robes, plus loss of A-D Shield, plus loss of being able to not have to use up yet one more inventory slot for Runes because I would have to give up my Fire Staff to have any shield at all, plus loss of extra bank slots to take on new equipment? :wacko:

Yeah, I think that totally destroys me. Seeing as Lady Deathknell's Combat Academy Tutorial is totally bugged so I can't complete it, and therefore I'm blocked from learning the new combat system. Remember that fictional article that Alg wrote recently? I think Jagex just did exactly that to me. Heck, I might as well get lost... What's that famous phrase? Oh right... "Good fight"... because if I was going to learn, I needed the tutorial, just like when I began playing this blasted bloodsucker of an awful game. <_<

Honestly, I wonder what my life would be like right now if I had never touched RuneScape, and never had succumbed to bad things like peer pressure... -.-

~Mr. D. V. "Feeling sick to their stomach for ever touching RuneScape..." Devnull

(p.s.: The rest of you make me feel like Jagex has brainwashed you.)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)