20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

Just started a brand new account so I can get used to EOC a small bit at a time, and wow... the leveling is nuts now. Personally, I love it so far having a ton of fun, and momentum really works like a charm when I decide to use that as well.

To people complaining about bugs.....you have companies like Blizzard that spend lots of time with betas and PTR's: still lots of bugs after a patch release. Why complain, it's not like jagex does it on purpose, some thing are just hard to catch.

I really like the update (will only renew sub tomorrow), but I think there's a lot of things to improve, like:

- F keys not working due chat;

- Some monsters are extremely weak atm (glacors for example)

- We should be able to customize the action of the item when we drag it to action bar (so we could drop leaping trout and other kind of items);

- Examine should open your combat tab to show weaknesses of the monster;

Just to mention a few I've seen/heard about. But I totally love the update, especially since it benefits skilling (not to a big extent, but to a already great one), it allows more diversity in pvm, it encourages pvm in groups (we can finally have one person tanking properly, even though it's not really needed atm because the bosses are so weak), makes dungeoneering fun (because those stuns are pretty dam useful) among other things.

Skiller11101.png

I like eoc lol, not sure why so many people were going to quit because of it.

Agreed. I legitimately don't understand why people don't like it. Is it because combat is no longer ridiculously easy and requiring no skill? Lol. Honestly, I hate combat in RuneScape for YEARS. For the longest time, I had high skill levels and really low combat. I just found it so mind numbingly boring to stand there, click once, and wait to kill your opponent. At least now combat is more varied and actually engaging.

• Like 2

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Agreed. I legitimately don't understand why people don't like it. Is it because combat is no longer ridiculously easy and requiring no skill? Lol. Honestly, I hate combat in RuneScape for YEARS. For the longest time, I had high skill levels and really low combat. I just found it so mind numbingly boring to stand there, click once, and wait to kill your opponent. At least now combat is more varied and actually engaging.

Except skilling isn't anymore interesting. It's far more repetitive so I really don't understand the point you are trying to make.

Anyway, the exp rates for combat are far too high. Monsters need more lifepoints.

There are some pretty massive bugs though (can use momentum in duels with abilities turned off). And xp rates are still so unbalanced in some skills it's not even funny. (900k-1.2M mage xp/hr)

It's less buggy than I expected, but then my expectations were about as low as you could get.

Care to PM me?

Would like to pound out another 99 =3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

There are some pretty massive bugs though (can use momentum in duels with abilities turned off). And xp rates are still so unbalanced in some skills it's not even funny. (900k-1.2M mage xp/hr)

It's less buggy than I expected, but then my expectations were about as low as you could get.

Care to PM me?

Glacors are about 400k xp per hour without extremes/ovl boosting damage using fire wave and using momentum. Surge is probably 600k or so. Bursting lobs is probably high. Experience rates are now pretty much even across all combat styles. You can get 300k-600k in each style and not just range.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Camping at ganodermics for boots/gloves, all of a sudden they seemed to gain a new drop which they started to bless me with.

The floor is covered in cabbage now. Is this some kind of antifarming measure? I'm seriously mad.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Agreed.  I legitimately don't understand why people don't like it.  Is it because combat is no longer ridiculously easy and requiring no skill?  Lol.  Honestly, I hate combat in RuneScape for YEARS.  For the longest time, I had high skill levels and really low combat.  I just found it so mind numbingly boring to stand there, click once, and wait to kill your opponent.  At least now combat is more varied and actually engaging.

Except skilling isn't anymore interesting. It's far more repetitive so I really don't understand the point you are trying to make.

Agreed.  I legitimately don't understand why people would prefer doing skilling over combat for that reason. Is it because skilling was even more ridiculously easy??  Lol.  Honestly, I disliked skilling in RS without multitasking.  For the longest time, the only way I would skill was by having a web browser up above the RS client and/or playing another game alongside it.  I just found it so mind numbingly boring to stand there, click once, and stare at the screen until I was done.  At least now I can add combat training to the list of activities I would do without multitasking.

(Parodying aside, I agree completely on your views of the EoC.)

First time i tried EOC today, and i like it so far, actually takes an "effort" to kill some monsters but also helps you do it faster and better.

I do dislike the prayer changes but ill get used to that :)

Care to PM me?

Glacors are about 400k xp per hour without extremes/ovl boosting damage using fire wave and using momentum. Surge is probably 600k or so. Bursting lobs is probably high. Experience rates are now pretty much even across all combat styles. You can get 300k-600k in each style and not just range.

Barraging monkeys with rock barrage and using a wand is a minimum of 1.2M mage xp/hr, and you can get it up to 1.5 with a few tricks.

Combat xp/hr is just as unbalanced across the styles as it ever was.

Asmodean <3

I'd be interested to see in the long-term, how you can mitigate the protect prayer nerf with the defensive abilities. Also, from what I gather, it's still pretty easy to SS your way into maintaining healthy LP levels.

Anyway, the exp rates for combat are far too high. Monsters need more lifepoints.

My point is that combat is how significantly more engaging than how it was before. That point still stands, regardless of how you feel about skilling.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Could you by chance explain what's keeping you from being logged out? :3

It actually keeps me from logging back in after I get stuck.

Its fixed now as a mod moved me to Lummy =3.

Tried to take the lodestone to Falador, got stuck at 50% and now when trying to log in again, I'm still at 50% every time and it's not going anywhere. How did you get a mod to move you?

Edit: After several attempts and reloads, I chose another world, and then got in.

Could you by chance explain what's keeping you from being logged out? :3

It actually keeps me from logging back in after I get stuck.

Its fixed now as a mod moved me to Lummy =3.

Tried to take the lodestone to Falador, got stuck at 50% and now when trying to log in again, I'm still at 50% every time and it's not going anywhere. How did you get a mod to move you?

Edit: After several attempts and reloads, I chose another world, and then got in.

I've had that problem with the Port Sarim lodestone for ages. I really hope it's not going to start with the others now. Especially Varrock. I use that one pretty regularly.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I couldn't agree more. However, combat is still quite easy. Just make sure you have a higher combat level than your enemy, and then you don't really need to care about weaknesses, the combat triangle and tactics. Just kill. :D

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

<<<snip>>>

I've had that problem with the Port Sarim lodestone for ages. I really hope it's not going to start with the others now. Especially Varrock. I use that one pretty regularly.

I got two words for all of you: SAFE MODE :geek:

Yeah, hold down 'S' on your keyboard while you're loading RuneScape. It helps insta-break the problem for me, and gets me right back in where I last got stuck. ;)

On other notes, if they haven't fixed the problem with Mages and the Anti-Dragon Shield, I'm going to leave RuneScape forever (give or take the holiday events, obviously) upon the moment that I've got a game to move away to. Having an Anti-Dragon Shield is critical no matter where I go and/or what I do when combat becomes involved, and not having one is a permanent game-breaker for me, seeing as I'm a mere F2P. :angry:

Even further, I've been unable to complete Lady Deathknell's Combat Academy due to some other kind of glitch, so I'm unable to finish learning the combat system. This is another perma-game-breaker for me, and in addition prevents me from being ready for Dungeoneering, thereby blocking me from my 55 Dunge goal. If Jagex didn't fix it, it's one more reason on the fire for me to 'gtfo' forever. :mad:

Since we're in the note of it, I might as well add that Jagex's failure to give low-end fletching and Chaos RC'ing back to F2P has also become quite a reason to leave. F2P needs to be able to be more self-sufficient, and Jagex has failed in their thoughts of F2P being "the basic full game" in many ways, this being at least a couple. :huh:

At this moment, not having a suitable browser-based game and/or otherwise to move to is the only thing keeping me from leaving. If I try to quit without a reserve option, stress makes me break down and come back to RuneScape ultimately. I'm ready to call my existence a sad shame just because of this... :cry:

~D. V. "Stuck in the 'dead zone', you might say..." Devnull

(p.s.: Please pardon me ranting a bit... Jagex has really gotten on my nerves over the past many years...)

• Like 1

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

As much as I love the new system I wish Jagex had put more thought into bosses.

As it stands now, fighting TD's is just a mess. The cool down penalty from switching weapons makes abilities almost entirely redundant as you have to wait for them all to recharge when you swap from Melee to Range/Mage.

They either need to remove the penalty from that area or take the protect prayers away from TD's otherwise they just make no sense to fight.

The only 'bug' I've come across so far is you can't make-x on putting potions into flasks meaning you have to do them all individually.

Edit: Oh and the 'cast a confuse spell' task is impossible to complete. It's the last one I need for Taskmaster but it won't budge.

Sylpheed.png

Do not use the Lodestones, unless you like to be locked out @ 50%..... Took me forever to log back in.

Glad I am " mostly " done with training combat, because I cant stand it now! Guess, I am just old school and having a real hard time adjusting to the changes.

Can't stand the way we look so ninja, I find it creepy! Ohhh, one last thing my dragon defender looks like I am carrying around a red candy cane!

P.S. I'm not one to complain about things, but this whole EOC just isn't my thing. I never was one for changes, I sure hope I can adjust, because I do love Runescape been playing since 2005!

queenvalerie.png