20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

Well, I have given it another try, and it's still just as messy and clunky as it was when it was first put in beta. Often abilities won't even activate if you click them.

Abilities don't enhance combat at all, it just forces more unneeded activity on us. Abilities don't connect with each other in any way. It's just mindless button mashing until something dies. I can close my eyes, and mash the buttons and still be just as effective in combat. The idea was good, but it was implemented so poorly.

I know I won't be playing this a lot.

• Like 1

Well, I have given it another try, and it's still just as messy and clunky as it was when it was first put in beta.

Abilities don't enhance combat at all, it just forces more unneeded activity on us. Abilities don't connect with each other in any way. It's just mindless button mashing until something dies. I can close my eyes, and mash the buttons and still be just as effective in combat. The idea was good, but it was implemented so poorly.

Yes, stunning your opponent, then smacking him with a 6 second DoT, jumping back with that range ability, while hitting him with something which does more damage to stunned opponents, while activating that ability which heals you for each hit he does in a 10 second period, is totally mindless button smashing.

Sorry if your style of game play is button-mashing. It must suck for you.

• Like 3

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Well, I have given it another try, and it's still just as messy and clunky as it was when it was first put in beta.

Yes, stunning your opponent, then smacking him with a 6 second DoT, jumping back with that range ability, while hitting him with something which does more damage to stunned opponents, while activating that ability which heals you for each hit he does in a 10 second period, is totally mindless button smashing.

I play WoW. A game that's anything but button mashing.

If you enjoy the EoC, then good for you. I loathe it.

<<<snip>>>

I agree with this thought... I might siggy it when I update my profile next. :shades:

~D. V. "Probably about to be more angry at the RS:EoC..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I got two words for all of you: SAFE MODE :geek:

Yeah, hold down 'S' on your keyboard while you're loading RuneScape. It helps insta-break the problem for me, and gets me right back in where I last got stuck. ;)

I already knew about safe mode, but thanks. :)

It's not my first choice though. I'm already running at absolute minimum as it is. I really shouldn't have to run in safe mode.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Figured out a mage rotation that potentially lets me kill each melee barrow brother without taking any damage at all. Got a setup for Ahrim that means he's almost always dead in 3 abilities (lol). Just need to figure out how to take down Karil without giving him too much time to hurt me.

And yes, this does require you to battle with the interface, lol. Sorry Mod Mark.

Oh yeah, I'm ignoring Akrisae now. He's just not worth the time.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I play WoW. A game that's anything but button mashing.

WoW has three ways of doing things. Priorities, rotations, or button mashing.

EoC has four ways of doing things. Priorities, rotations, button mashing, or momentuming.

Riqualyn.png

Given this a try and I completely hate this update.

In my opinion this is seriously the worst thing to happen to runescape ever, SOF, removal of free trade and all other updates pale in comparison to how ruined this has made the game.

• Like 5

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Im finding solo dung to be a tad too easy. I just make a couple of law runes, run around, KO the boss, repeat.

I like the fact that my 'attack skill' is now hitting things, however its a bit too KO' friendly. With slightly harder monsters you just got to use certain abilities, all of which take maybe a couple seconds longer than the KO' ones that die in one hit.

Bosses.. ROFL. Still without food you can kill them on the same non-stop run through the dungeon.

It needs some proper balancing.

...And once its been rebalanced. It also needs to sort out the adrenaline bar so it doesnt fade away so easily while in dung. Atm it hardly matters but if things were actually difficult it would be a silly oversight to allow the adrenaline bar to fade away so easily between rooms.

Anyway, I like it but its obviously not ready yet regarding this area of content. (Poor testing/couldnt looked at dung much in beta/its planned to be sorted out in a future update but in its current state its embarrassing.) I can see its potential. Once its balanced correctly. I hope its sooner than later as it doesnt make sense that I dont need any food for occult floors. I havnt tried warped yet but in my opinion I should need food for occult floors at a minimum.

Im finding solo dung to be a tad too easy. I just make a couple of law runes, run around, KO the boss, repeat.

I like the fact that my 'attack skill' is now hitting things, however its a bit too KO' friendly. With slightly harder monsters you just got to use certain abilities, all of which take maybe a couple seconds longer than the KO' ones that die in one hit.

Bosses.. ROFL. Still without food you can kill them on the same non-stop run through the dungeon.

It needs some proper balancing.

...And once its been relabanced. It also needs to sort out the adrenaline bar so it doesnt fade away so easily while in dung. Atm it hardly matters but if things were actually difficult it would be silly oversight to allow adrenaline to fade away so easily between rooms.

Anyway, I like it but it obviously is not ready yet. (Poor testing/couldnt looked at dung much in beta/its planned to be sorted out in a future update but in its current state its embarrassing.) I can see its potential. Once its balanced correctly.

could you elaborate on how exactly you do that with just law runes? haha im a DG noob, so im curious on how you do that quickly.

In my opinion this is seriously the worst thing to happen to runescape ever, SOF, removal of free trade and all other updates pale in comparison to how ruined this has made the game.

Why do you care? All you do is stake anyway.

• Like 7
Sylpheed.png

I like eoc lol, not sure why so many people were going to quit because of it.

Agreed. I legitimately don't understand why people don't like it. Is it because combat is no longer ridiculously easy and requiring no skill? Lol. Honestly, I hate combat in RuneScape for YEARS. For the longest time, I had high skill levels and really low combat. I just found it so mind numbingly boring to stand there, click once, and wait to kill your opponent. At least now combat is more varied and actually engaging.

Except skilling isn't anymore interesting. It's far more repetitive so I really don't understand the point you are trying to make.

Anyway, the exp rates for combat are far too high. Monsters need more lifepoints.

My point is that combat is how significantly more engaging than how it was before. That point still stands, regardless of how you feel about skilling.

How I feel about skilling has nothing to do with it. I don't disagree that combat is more engaging now. But you can't say you liked skilling because it wasn't click and wait. Skilling is much more clicking and waiting than combat ever was.

I know how you feel... They've even blocked mages from wielding an Anti-Dragon Shield (Critical to me), right along with not providing live in-game reporting (like what the Beta had) to deal with some issues. Worse, I logged in on my main only to find out that I had to hit the damned Home Tele immediately due to where (Behind the Bar in Falador's Rising Sun Inn) they stuck me! RS is pretty much ruined for me, and now I wish I had a good different multiplayer game (preferably browser-based) to move to. Unfortunately, there just doesn't seem to be any that I can find worthwhile. :sad:

~D. V. "Trapped in a non-escapable web..." Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

There's a dragonfire shield for magic, so I assume there's a standard anti-dragon shield for mages too. Have you tried talking to the guy you get them from?

My apologies... I should have made it more clear. :(

RS:EoC won't let you wield a Staff (Such as the 'Staff of Fire') and the Anti-Dragon Shield together. So my normal configuration is impossible to use now, and I'm blocked from launching into combat how I normally would. :wall:

~D. V. "Hopefully, that isn't as clear as mud?" Devnull

There's a dragonfire shield for magic, so I assume there's a standard anti-dragon shield for mages too. Have you tried talking to the guy you get them from?

RS:EoC won't let you wield a Staff (Such as the 'Staff of Fire') and the Anti-Dragon Shield together. So my normal configuration is impossible to use now, and I'm blocked from launching into combat how I normally would. :wall:

Remind me why you should care already?

Sorry, but I find it amusing that your decision to stay or leave the game is based entirely around being able to equip one certain shield.

~Syl "Who reads these anyway?" pheed

Sylpheed.png

That is why you have wands, 1H mage weapons that allow dual wielding and Shielding, so you can use a dragonfire shield and a magic weapon at the same time.

• Like 4

That's exactly why he cares, cause staking is no longer what it was.

Is there no disable ability or momentum only/auto-momentum button? If that's the case then yea that should be something added.

Riqualyn.png

Is there no disable ability or momentum only/auto-momentum button? If that's the case then yea that should be something added.

I've heard there is an disable ability option on duels but it's glitchy and lets momentum work still.

• Like 1

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.