20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

could you elaborate on how exactly you do that with just law runes? haha im a DG noob, so im curious on how you do that quickly.

Well at this point im really not playing in any particular style as im learning the new abilities. However with this update most things die before they do any particular damage, so that helps out alot as I dont need food. I have also found its not uncommon to 1 hit things through the occult floors. Certainly most of them arnt 1 hits but even those that arnt die very quickly if you use the special abilities. The special abilities just destroy anything and everything in their path usually with 1-2 use. If it wasnt for the fact I got to hit them first before I can use a special attack, I would just be KO'ing most things. With the occasional monster that needs a few extra attacks to successfully hit.

With this in mind, aswell as being maxed combat and such, im not using any tactics as its unnecessary at this point. Just a smithed 2hand (Not had a primal drop) and primal plate, aswell as the shadow silk hood. I prepared lots of other gear pre-update but atm its unnecessary. Its pure melee for the most part, but I also carry a bow with me for the boss if necessary. If its convenient I tele to beginning and switch bind gear to something more appropriate.. but its not necessary. Before this update I would have to use tactics to speed things up but now im just experimenting with how much damage I can take, and still kill the boss without picking up food lol. >.<

As a newbie experimenting with the eoc, (Never bothered with the beta much) I just find that crafting my laws and then sprinting and dropping my teleport thing with me along the way, its much quicker as I dont need to pay attention to my health. I barely even remember which abilities im using just yet as im a newbie to them. The better I get with them the better the floors will become. Im also figuring that I could use the jump/tele ability thing to maybe move about quicker but atm I just experimenting with my health.

The funny thing is, due to the adrenaline having more time to stack up during a boss fight, the bosses come across as being easier than some of other baddies on the floor. I can use harder hitting special abilities on the boss.

• Like 2

Lol I bought a bunch of off-hand dragon weapons from the Ape Atoll, Heroes Guild, and Zanaris right when EoC went live this morning, to sell for profit on the GE.

They all sold instantly, and I was like, "Yes! Give me your money, suckers!"

Then I realized that the shop price for most of the items was significantly higher than the GE price I sold for >_> This is why I generally avoid merchanting :oops:

• Like 14

77yLQy8.png

I'm curious as to how things are panning out in the whole 2h vs dual wield thing thus far.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hey guys, I havent played in about 6 months.. Just got membs for a month (for now). Update seems really cool..one question i got: Is chinning still good/the best range exp? i have a ton left (enough for me to get 99 range probably) in my bank.. but is this still a good method or should i do something else? thanks! :P also curious about 2h vs dual wield as sy said

99 Magic achieved on May 31, 2010 99 Prayer achieved on August 27, 2011 99 Dungeoneering achieved on September 24, 2011

Got decimated by Bork.

RIP Safespot ranging

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Quick question seeing as they moved polypore spell from staff into spellbook with only reqs. 80 mage & staff, does the spell degrade staff to cast still? or does a staff grant unlimited Polypore casts?

EDIT: nvm, confirmed it myself, staffs do degrade when polypore strike spell is cast. Moral of story stick to air staff + air surge ^^

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Um, dunno if it was posted already, but you have to redo Combat Academy in Live Game it seems in order to get the books.

1suW1.png

Only useable on combat

1sv1r.png

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I feel like there is something wrong with magic auto attacks. They are...very strong. I was hitting 1300 with bloodfire blitz I think (the stronger 1 target spell) in auto attack. Momentum didn't make it that much stronger (up to about 1800). The sad thing is that those hits were often putting my abilities to shame. That said, mage is kind of fun, though having less abilities than melee is a bit annoying for me.

Not please about apparently doing the academy again. That wasn't the deal, and its really boring if you already know what to do.

Um, dunno if it was posted already, but you have to redo Combat Academy in Live Game it seems in order to get the books.

1suW1.png

Well that sucks, we were told doing combat academy prior to EoC going live would grant us the books after the 19th. :/ also any word on steam punk scientist outfit yet?

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Guys, there's 25,000 less people playing RuneScape midday on a Tuesday. That must mean 25,000 players have ragequit! Let's bring back old click-and-wait RS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At9eUkQdwDg

Has RuneScape really changed that much in the past 24 hours? I give it a few days, they'll be logging back on.

All of these people quitting just means I got more monsters all to myself :twisted:

- "Forever Alone" Dece

Enjoying ranging lessers right now. Damn fun seeing piles of ashes scattered everywhere from my ricochet.

22031_s.gif

This is actually not as bad as I had thought. :P.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Leveled my temple trekkers to 99 in one day. It was all good.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to dung my first chaotics, easily got three small C6s done in 18 minutes.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Erm... antifires if you can't use the shield. Have I missed something here?

DV is F2P, isn't he? F2P'ers don't have access to antifire potions.

Of course, there's also only one dragon in F2P, and as far as I'm aware she's still broken.

Yes, I am indeed F2P! The Anti-Dragon Shield has been my defensive mainstay for years now, and it's worse than appalling that Jagex has gone and taken it away, as it leaves me without a shield I know and trust to keep me safe. :(

On other notes, it isn't the only thing making me want to leave. The fact that Jagex has [bleep]ed F2P over for 7 years in a row now should also be a good indicator of reasons that I would want to leave. Plus, there are a whole slew of extra things that have been turned problematic by the introduction of the EoC, including non-listening controls. :angry:

In fact, the only reason I haven't left yet is because I've got nowhere to turn the next time I stress out. That, and the fact that I've already come back due to that problem quite a few times already. :wall:

~D. V. "Jagex is too sticky a spider web..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Erm... antifires if you can't use the shield. Have I missed something here?

DV is F2P, isn't he? F2P'ers don't have access to antifire potions.

Of course, there's also only one dragon in F2P, and as far as I'm aware she's still broken.

Yes, I am indeed F2P! The Anti-Dragon Shield has been my defensive mainstay for years now, and it's worse than appalling that Jagex has gone and taken it away, as it leaves me without a shield I know and trust to keep me safe. :(

On other notes, it isn't the only thing making me want to leave. The fact that Jagex has [bleep]ed F2P over for 7 years in a row now should also be a good indicator of reasons that I would want to leave. Plus, there are a whole slew of extra things that have been turned problematic by the introduction of the EoC, including non-listening controls. :angry:

In fact, the only reason I haven't left yet is because I've got nowhere to turn the next time I stress out. That, and the fact that I've already come back due to that problem quite a few times already. :wall:

Can you elaborate on how Jagex has [bleep]ed F2P over for the last seven years?

Sylpheed.png

But they haven't taken it away from mages. F2P has access to wands, don't they? Pick up a batwing wand and you're set.

Also i hate to ask, but why not look into one of the new shields? Antifire's defenses aren't that good and there's nothing in F2P that requires its special effect.

• Like 3