G.E. Slots and R.S. Economy

sui_cho

For the great majority of people, I don't really see a benefit to adding more slots since I highly doubt most people use all or any of them most of the time.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I see no reason why more than 6 slots should be added. Imo flipping items/merching isn't the way RS should be played so I feel comfortable with all ways Jagex slows down people who gain alot of cash without doing a (bleeping) thing on RS except standing in bank or logging in and out once in a while to collect 'the fruits of their hard labour'.

The only moments I get annoyed by the 6 slots is when I wanna sell the stuff I collected from MTK, but still it's not that much of a hassle to come back to GE when all herbs/tree seeds are sold... :)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I see no reason why more than 6 slots should be added. Imo flipping items/merching isn't the way RS should be played so I feel comfortable with all ways Jagex slows down people who gain alot of cash without doing a (bleeping) thing on RS except standing in bank or logging in and out once in a while to collect 'the fruits of their hard labour'.

The only moments I get annoyed by the 6 slots is when I wanna sell the stuff I collected from MTK, but still it's not that much of a hassle to come back to GE when all herbs/tree seeds are sold... :)

It's not just flipping though. Sometimes instant buying an item is just stupid and will lose you tens or hundreds of millions, in the case of higher partyhats or druidic respectively. Then what about people who are trying to bank resources with a limit on them for skills, and so need to leave the offer in for days, or weeks.

More ge slots would certainly be convenient.

Asmodean <3

It's not just flipping though. Sometimes instant buying an item is just stupid and will lose you tens or hundreds of millions, in the case of higher partyhats or druidic respectively. Then what about people who are trying to bank resources with a limit on them for skills, and so need to leave the offer in for days, or weeks.

More ge slots would certainly be convenient.

While being a gp-pincher has its pros I don't think people have more than a couple items they do that with at a time. All of these situations come from minority game play strategies anyways.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

More slots for F2p would be nice. More slots for members would be stupid because it just increases the rate and which people can flip.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Imo flipping items/merching isn't the way RS should be played

If people weren't meant to take advantage of free trade we would get cash drops from monsters and buy everything else from stores. The whole point of having a player economy is that you're free to make (and lose) money by trading, and that's one thing that makes Runescape stand out for me.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Flipping and merching do not, however, have to be made even better by giving flipping more slots to work with.

Why not? How does someone else making more money affect you or your gameplay?

4e0Vn.png

Flipping and merching do not, however, have to be made even better by giving flipping more slots to work with.

Of course not, and I don't think extra members slots are needed either. However many people seem to hate it just because, with no explanation other than "I don't think it's the way you're supposed to play" given.

I dont think adding 2/3 more slots would really effect the economy much. When I flip you tend to have multiple of the same items going around in a circle and some in the inventory waiting for a slot to free up. But as for the economy over all. The impact the EoC has had on things is very bad long term. Once its stable again over all game play will be effected due to less demand of certain items making ways of skilling for money die. Basicly we eventualy would have to wait for future updates to gain sources of money from.

I've been operating under the assumption that skilling for money is dead for years.

• Like 1

More GE slots would be very convenient, in my opinion. I usually instant buy things, buy putting in silly high amounts every now and then actually, but only when I buy a few of a item. When I buy items for skilling and such though I try to keep to normal prizes. And then it can actually become a bit restrictive with just 6 slots, if I want to buy a lot of different things for the skills I plan to train. Say I want to train crafting, runecrafting, construction, smithing and perhaps herblore. My goal is to gain a level in each one of those skills during the same day. I won't have space for all the vials, secondaries, planks, ores and other stuff. My option is then to increase the prize, or wait for sometimes a very long time. Certainly more GE slots would be a great idea. I don't see why we couldn't get at least 10 slots as members, and perhaps 5 as f2p.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

More slots for F2p would be nice. More slots for members would be stupid because it just increases the rate and which people can flip.

Well not really, ppl that flip do it fast (few minutes per item), so they do not need extra slots, but if u like to sell items u got in bank and dont have the time to stay in ge to w8 for 1 item to sell and replace it with new one is the reason we need more slots.

If u flip u have a margin and u buy and sell for it. you are first in and out, so its ok even with 1 slot, but if u have collected items that u like to sell for better price then the current (this is not flipping) you will have to choose carefully what item to put on sale and with more slots it will be easy to sell your items faster without the need to stay @ ge all day long and w8ing for the item to sell.

This is my oppinion!

profit and skilling are two words which should never be used in the same sentence, unless you are a bot. Skilling is expensive, might as well accept it

You can't be more wrong.

There is still a large number of ways in which skilling can profit. The problem is that none of these methods are fast nor efficient (in terms of exp/h and profit/h).

• Like 1

Obviously there are methods that technically profit, but methods worth doing? Not really. Anything that offers decent profit and good xp will have half the rs population swoop down to take advantage of it before it inevitably "goes away", and by goes away I mean having the market absolutely flooded with the products until they are worth less than dirt.

• Like 1