Ariane Quest Double Bill 28th November

Ambler

I'd love to see a screenshot of "Fullbuster the Grey" casting ice barrage...

(it's a character from the anime Fairy Tail, there is a Grey Fullbuster character that uses Ice as his magic)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I think it's weird that we, as the players, can go see the Rune Guardian and freely change faction at any time.

Does that mean the wizards back in the Old Tower times were also able to freely change faction at will?

I think it's weird that we, as the players, can go see the Rune Guardian and freely change faction at any time.

Does that mean the wizards back in the Old Tower times were also able to freely change faction at will?

[hide]

From a story standpoint it's unlikely, as the wizards' specialties were chosen based on their personal characteristics. As for why we can change it whenever we want, I think that it's because the Rune Guardian has been down there so long that it's starting to malfunction (it is a construct after all) so it doesn't remember that it already assigned you to a colour.

[/hide]

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

[hide]

From a story standpoint it's unlikely, as the wizards' specialties were chosen based on their personal characteristics. As for why we can change it whenever we want, I think that it's because the Rune Guardian has been down there so long that it's starting to malfunction (it is a construct after all) so it doesn't remember that it already assigned you to a colour.

[/hide]

Perhaps they've always had the option to change, it's just that nobody took advantage of it. Their factions were tied to religious beliefs and personal philosophies regarding magic, after all. It's not like the head of the red ajahschool is going to stop being a Zamorakian with a love of fire spells overnight.

Players, on the other hand, are making the decision based solely on what kind of robes they'll look prettiest in at that moment and will change that as soon as they get bored. We're fickle like that (Roleplayers excluded, of course).

Barely within 2 days of release, the newspost is now sitting at the bottom of the main page :P

But surely a new quest with all that really great lore isn't as important as knowing all about the mystical spins weekend, or the special solomons armour offer or community events that are going on? *rolls*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

[hide]

[/hide]

I don't think that may be it, because the player directly asks the guardian if they may change to a different order, implying that the player is already in one of the four orders.

Though it is possible the Guardian may not pick up on that when you ask him. Being that it may not have been programmed for that kind of possibility.

Another possibility is that Rune Guardian himself does not have the programming to deny people the ability to change colours, the masters probably have that authority, the Rune Guardian was just the mean...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Another possibility is that Rune Guardian himself does not have the programming to deny people the ability to change colours, the masters probably have that authority, the Rune Guardian was just the mean...

there was probably no denial measure changing orders in the first place, seeing as the orders are based on religious belief systems most if not all mages of the first tower had no reason or need to change orders once they were accepted in there chosen order

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

there was probably no denial measure changing orders in the first place, seeing as the orders are based on religious belief systems most if not all mages of the first tower had no reason or need to change orders once they were accepted in there chosen order

No doubt the test was performed in the presence of the four masters to prevent tampering or statements that diverge from the belief test. Additionally just programming it to comply with any statement that isn't strictly part of the test would also make it suitable for performing menial tasks, and just making it easier to live with.

The reason why the guardian is necessary in the first place is because it's the only way they could have an impartial judge, and the simpler the programming is, the easier it was for the masters convince each other that nobody had sneaked in anything which would give their own orders a population advantage. It's a very believable thing for the old Tower wizards to do, and I admire the quest writer's foresight.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

No doubt the test was performed in the presence of the four masters to prevent tampering or statements that diverge from the belief test. Additionally just programming it to comply with any statement that isn't strictly part of the test would also make it suitable for performing menial tasks, and just making it easier to live with.

The reason why the guardian is necessary in the first place is because it's the only way they could have an impartial judge, and the simpler the programming is, the easier it was for the masters convince each other that nobody had sneaked in anything which would give their own orders a population advantage. It's a very believable thing for the old Tower wizards to do, and I admire the quest writer's foresight.

Plus the is the factor of: Was the guardian always at the door intentionally? Or was it simply broken as the tower collapsed and all that survives is administering the test thus causing it to stand guard of the door in what could very well be a ceremonial guarding done only when a wizard having passed many tests (as Arianne mentions) to reach this stage (notable held in THE grand meeting room, not just a lobby or w/e) is passing through the final ceremony of being sorted.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Any guesses on which quest our final hero will revamp?

Sir Owen is a temple knight, so I would assume Falador is next.

So knight's sword i'm guessing and black knight fortress will be revamped next

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I wouldn't expect Sir Owen to feature in Knight's Sword unless the sword is for him.

Though it would make sense to do Knight's Sword/Fally with Black Knight which we know is being redone.

Though don't forget we have more than just 3 heroes.

Xenia has kinda of been done in lumby but could have more.

Raptor could do with an intro quest of sorts.

Lyanna(sp?) could do with one too, in fact she might be a good candidate for Knight's Sword due to being a smith.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, I misread his question, but those are both equally likely. Perhaps Recruitment Drive could be as well.

I think you're both half right and it will be Black Knight Fortress and Recruitment Drive, since they're the beginnings of the White Knight/Black Knight storyline. It fits the pattern better: one f2p quest and one p2p quest. Knight's sword and Black Knight Fortress are both f2p and aren't really related to each other story-wise. Recruitment Drive is also the p2p sequel to Black Knight Fortress.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

What if we smith a sword for sir owen, so he can raid the black knight's fortress to save Falador from a plot to invade it? That way we could introduce the signature hero Lianna(sp?), who is the smith, into the revamp too? recruitment drive really would be hard to involve SIr Owen in as it's a solo trail to prove your worthy to be a temple knight if I'm not mistaken.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

They could easily make it a triple-bill revamp and/or divide/combine the three in various ways.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

it would follow in line with streamlining the f2p starter quests like they did with Prince Ali rescue. maybe rename the new quest defence of Falador or something along those lines.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Want to make it a signature bet? They got to do it in the election thread so I don't see why we can't do it with runescape. If any of us get it right, they can make the participants use a signature of their choice for a week. :lol:

hzvjpwS.gif